Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Montalbert La Plagne Villaroger Paradiski Challenge

Poster: A snowHead
Martin Nicholas wrote:
Quote:

Honesty, unless anyone comes up with something better

I think fishslice just has.

Have a look at This GPS link

More than happy to adapt the program to help in any way with this effort Smile It would be a good way to visualise the different routes people have taken from start to finish, as well as time taken etc.

Si
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Martin Nicholas, although I'm sure that not all participants would have a gps.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I Love this idea and provided I get out to this neck of the woods would love to give it a go.

If visiting for a daytrip from another resort (to do this challenge) then where would be the best place to park? I'm guessing 1800 or similary (assuming you want to go villaroger to montalbert)

If you're coming up from Villaroger, then after the first 2 lifts and the obvious blue is then the only option to go up Coborciere (41) or can you make it across on the blue to pre st. Esprit (39) which would look like the best route IIRC - it's been a few years since I've been to les arcs and I think it might not be possible?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett, secrets secrets!
But I would avoid Pre St E unless you plan on taking the bus... Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If its not too late, count me in for a fleece/gilet thingy, definately up for a go at this challenge Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bertie bassett,
Quote:

If visiting for a daytrip from another resort (to do this challenge) then where would be the best place to park? I'm guessing 1800 or similary (assuming you want to go villaroger to montalbert)

Geographically if you are coming up the valley go through Aime and then turn up to Montalbert, the car park is near the lift pass office. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Madeye-Smiley mmm This sounds like a fantastic idea. My 5 ski mates and I will be in Vallandry last week of Feb. I can see us dispersing all over the Paradiski to get the best times !

Will try to get times for both legs, and therefore the return trip in one day.

Gonna be a big days ski from Vallandry though.... either....Vallandry - Villaroger - Montalbert - Villaroger - Vallandry...or....Vallandry - Montalbert - Villaroger - Montalbert - Vallandry. Decisions decisions. First way I think, as the second will mean VE crossing three times ! rolling eyes

Wow I'll need to drink extra beers the night before just to build up ! Tough but I'll just have to cope. Laughing

And then imagine hitting Jimmy's bar after all that stuff. NehNeh x10
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Please note: My time will include 2 hot chocolate stops, 2 beer stops, and a long lunch Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
redrunmarcus, Count me in for one please! You know me so should be able to guess the size - please don't be polite I am usually a large ladies!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, Please note: My time will be invoiced at £74 per hour ! Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Only just noticed this thread. I'm definitely up for it! I've never been to La Plagne and only been to Les Arcs once a few years ago. And I've only got one day in Paradiski before going to Val D'Isere but I'm always up for a challenge!

I'm going to start planning a route now. Anyone know if there's a good piste map online anywhere? The interactive one at the Paradiski site seems a bit rubbish (in that you can't see the pistes under the control panel).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OK all will sort out gilets next week I will get some extra ones just in case
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Please note: My time will include 2 hot chocolate stops, 2 beer stops, and a long lunch Very Happy

Can I do the challenge with you then please? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
redrunmarcus, Mines a medium please (or a large ladies) anything as long as its not too small.. don't mind looking like the michelin man but if its too small, I'm thinking it would make an odd looking hat.. Shocked
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pimp that I am, just can't resist:

For sale or exchange

willing to swap intimate knowledge of lift speeds on Les Arcs side (or will pay beer money) for genuine information about La Plagne.

PM if you want to get it together. wink

GSOH, non-smoker preferred. No timewasters. Very Happy
latest report
JimW, Am only down the road from you so if you make it cross border and river to HOT then I will tell you all the info you need to know on LP!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Mouth, And you a nearly wedded lady too.... Shocked Laughing (P.S. Will keep secrets in exchange for share of info!!)
ski holidays
olster, For all things La Plagne

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/PlanPistes.htm

Romain is re doing the English section of the site at the mo, there is an English section on the forum.
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots, that sounds uncommonly like blackmail, you cad-ette...

But fear not: MrsW unlikely to allow stray behaviour anyway.

So Mouth... where shall we clandestinely rendevous without Shuss finding out? Toofy Grin wink
latest report
JimW, I do believe I'm mortally wounded by such outrageous accusations of blackmail.... Shocked

MrsW...? A little chat....? Skullie

Mouth, Remember.... us girls have to stick together.. wink Toofy Grin
latest report
Boredsurfing, Great, that's a superb site! Not bothered about it being French - I can read it, just! Certainly got my work cut out working out the quickest route now. Any tips for bottlenecks to avoid?
ski holidays
olster wrote:
Boredsurfing, Great, that's a superb site! Not bothered about it being French - I can read it, just! Certainly got my work cut out working out the quickest route now. Any tips for bottlenecks to avoid?

The main bubble out of bellecote up to the roche di mio about 09:30 and 14:30 - it can be a real PITA... still I don't think that's quite on the route some of us will be taking wink
snow report
Potentially the biggest bottleneck must surely be the Vanoise Express - alas, it is also the one thing that cannot be avoided Toofy Grin
latest report
Guvnor, the Vanoise Express has always been a walk-on when I've used it. Hardly any queues, and always got the next cablecar that departs.
snow report
rob@rar, Agreed, but the potential for lost seconds if a departure is missed could prove decisive, given the 'F1 pit stop' type strategies being plotted here wink
latest report
bertie bassett, Guvnor, There are no bottlenecks on the La Plagne side Toofy Grin Just lifts to be avoided. Laughing
Like Rob I have never queued for the Vanoise Express, may be because I ski so slowly I get there mid morning or mid afternoon wink
latest report
olster, a part of the challenge is lift tactics, is it quicker on a direct slow lift or to use an indirect but faster lift? Very Happy
RG's website does have a section with the speed of each lift........
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, I will be taking the 3 lifts from Montalbert to Aime2000, and then Melezes and Arpette chairs. There surely is no other way. All this "local knowledge" pap is just a red herring Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett, Yep, the Arpette chair looks a quicker route to me.

Guvnor, No avoiding it really!
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, but is quicker to take the high speed Funi plagne than poll over to the slow melezes and a queue full of ski schools? Cool
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, but I pole faster than I ski Embarassed Laughing
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, What you like on fast steep drag lift's wink

Silly me, La Ros . you are an expert Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, Laughing Drags are not worth doing unless one is airborn for the first 20ft wink

Edit: I even managed that hideous Borsellieres (sp) drag on the way to La Roche before they took it out. Only pllace I have seem signs telling you where to go when you fell off.
FWIW La Ros has my all time worst drag lift, very steep, with a sharp bend in it.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, awwh, Borsellieres was great fun and a very deserted piste down to it Very Happy
Is the one with the bend in La Ros as good as the one up from Bellecote with a warning sign and two dog leg turns and littered with fallen boarders trying to jump off for the half pipe ? (Colosses Drag) Very Happy
ski holidays
So glad to see this is still on.
I remember we were going to try for this last year, and then the blooming VE lift went down.
Jonpim and Pimettes definitely plan to give this a go.

P.S. Is Reindeer assistance on Dec 24th allowed?
ski holidays
Jonpim, Shortly redrunmarcus will be taking orders for the exclusive Gilets Very Happy
snow report
Could everyone that would like a gilet please pm me with quantities and sizes Cool snowHead
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, Very Happy What sizes are avaiable, small medium large XXXXlarge or chest sizes?
ski holidays
I'm a FB - does that equal XL or XXL - say 46 inches.
snow report
Boredsurfing, SM MED LG XLG AND XXLG............
bertie bassett, Will find out!!!!!!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy