Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

resort advice either europe, canada or use dont mind

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi,

im looking to go away next feb and am having difficulties choosing a suitable resort. basically im after a resort that doesnt get too crowded on the slopes as my gf gets a bit nervous when it gets busy, can anyone recommend some decent resorts? i went to fernie last year and that was great but dont like to go the same place twice, whats whister like? the other resorts i have found so far are:

pass tonale - italy
obergurgl - austria
levi - lapland
lake tahoe - usa
copper mountain - usa

anyone got any thoughts?

cheers
stephen
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Speaking for the US areas, midweek you'll probably be OK but weekends will be busy. If your gf is skiing easier slopes, then Whistler is likely to be busy any time on the lower mountains. You might try somewhere like Powder Mountain in Utah (vast, empty) or the likes of Big Sky or others in Montana.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ive never seen powder mountain in any of the skiing brochures over here, not really sure how i would be able to book that
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sabraham, February is the busiest period on the ski hills of Europe.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whistler is great but busy on the easier punter runs at the best of times and I'd guess not the place you want to be in Feb. Personally I'd go for Tahoe or Copper out of your options but then Tahoe is a whole can of worms - Heavenly busy and tourist central cf Kirkwood & Homewood may be virtually deserted mid week.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sabraham wrote:
ive never seen powder mountain in any of the skiing brochures over here, not really sure how i would be able to book that

go to www.expedia.co.uk

book flight to salt lake city; hotel in salt lake city and car hire from SLC airport

purchase lift tickets in your hotel

hire kit at the base station of the mountain(s) you visit
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sabraham, If you are going the school week in Feb I would recommend Noth America. We went to Silver Star in Canada this year, during the school week, and it was superb - hardly any queues and a wide standard of runs.

Passo del Tonale is also a good choice, went there a few years ago in the Feb week - lots of nice easy reds.

snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno wrote:

go to www.expedia.co.uk

book flight to salt lake city; hotel in salt lake city and car hire from SLC airport

purchase lift tickets in your hotel

hire kit at the base station of the mountain(s) you visit

SLC is convenient for Alta / Snowbird / etc. It's doable for Powder Mountain, but a bit of a drive. Alternatively, you could book a hotel in Ogden or an apartment / house / condo in Eden. http://www.homeaway.com and http://www.vrbo.com will have listings.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
folledeski, fair enough. the basic point is that it doesn't require rocket science to self organise a trip to the USA
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lake tahoe - usa
copper mountain - usa

Been to Tahoe, loved it but you need to drive to get the best of it. The brochures over here major on Heavenly and, maybe Squaw Valley but there are loads of other resorts. Midweek is likely to be quiet. Weekends it fills up with locals and weekenders from the various cities which are a relatively short drive away

We were thinking of going to Colorado/ Copper Mountain one year but it is very high so altitude sickness may be an issue. We never went

For Tahoe you can do everything on the net if you want to put in the effort.

You can also add in some time in San Francisco at the start/end of your trip
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sabraham, You won't find quiet slops anywhere much in Europe in February.

Another option to consdier for canada would be Banff or Lake Louise -from either you would ski any of the three areas, but would need a bus to get to them (included on the tri-area pass).

I haven't been in February, but in mid March, te slopes weer much emptier than anywhere I have seen in Europe even in early January. But lift queues were longer, because they have a tendency to make each lift serve more runs than is the norm in Europe.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i looked at lake louise and banff but the travelling to the slopes put me off a little. whats everyones thoughts on copper mountain? good? bad?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Levi is lovley but limited skiing, Obergurgl is rated but i found it dull. Obertauern much better IMO.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy