Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski report 2008

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I see (from the link below) that this years report came out last week does anyone have a link for it please.

Quote:
Crystal Ski presented its annual ski industry report this week, which revealed that the 2007/08 season enjoyed a three per cent increase in ski holiday bookings.

http://www.travelbite.co.uk/news/travel-advice/travel-trends/ski-holiday-season-2008-09-predictions-32373.htm
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://emag.digitalpc.co.uk/shg/crs_report08.asp

I found that by guesswork - took the URL for last year's and changed "07" to "08" Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alex_heney, Nice one! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The usual Crystal/Thomson propaganda. Can't wait til next year when they have to present the inevitable decrease as some kind of triumph.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I find it hard to believe that TO's market share continues to grow year after year Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ssnowman, me too. They show the independent market as having only grown from 231,000 eight years ago to 384,000 now. IMV deliberately down-playing the real growth.

More odd though are their top resort picks for next season...

(1) Whistler - fair enough
(2) Formigal, Spain - errr, pardon? Obviously a decent marketing fund from Formigal tourism
(3) Ischgl - a great place but not THAT popular
(4) Yllas & Levi, Finland - oh perleeeese
(5) Davos / klosters - another tourist board digging deep

Erm... no big French resorts then? No La Rosiere Toofy Grin ? No chav hangouts like Verbier? No Kitzbuhel? No St Anton?

Formigal???
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, I asumed that was a list of Crystal's largest margins Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Why the hate Bode?

Crystal clearly states it's their view.

Half promotion and recognition of annual standouts (Whistler) and up and comer's (Formigal) maybe.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Big up the stuff you most want to flog; pretty standard practice. Interesting read in some respets but clearly never going to be impartial - the clue's in the branding!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller wrote:

(2) Formigal, Spain

A useful lesson in how to completely destroy a report's credibility in two easy words rolling eyes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike Pow, it's certainly not hate. It is the fact that this report gets reported on and quoted from verbatum by lazy journos who take it as fact. Result... some newbie might actually end up in Formigal or Levi thinking that they'd sampled the best. SHG (that's Crystal, Thomson and others) are responsible for over 25% of the wintersports market so they have plenty of clout when it comes to massaging marketing dosh out of places that shouldn't really be up there.

boredsurfin, Probably very close to the truth although Whistler is in there just for cred purposes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy