Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Castleford, Wednesday 23rd July.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
CSJ and I (and probably lampbus) are going for a fridge outing probably arriving there about 11am. Anyone else about & fancy a lunchtime ski?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 25-07-08 7:06; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
well, I am totally unfit and it is 10 months since I had my ACL repair, (I slid about a bit at the MSB at 6months postop) so Yes.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Butterfly, FYI, the snow was in really good condition last night.

There are a several ramps and rails out and a lot of silly trees, but still plenty of space around them.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lampbus, Smile we are probably arriving there about 10.45 ish.

rjs, good to hear about the snow, but not so good about the blooming obstacles - they are too darned frond of them imho!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I assume the frond relates to the trees?
You must be there now. How did it go?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowball, it went well. I thought the snow was good and it wasn't busy which is always a bonus. There were indeed too many obstacles but I found I am now capable of negotiating my course round them much more confidently so they didn't bother me, though I'd have liked to be able to use the whole width of the slope rather than have to make short turns down the middle of the top section. The trees - Laughing - are a few little fir trees in a rather sad line down one side!

Didn't test any skis as it happened -but I wish I had done. We went into EB afterwards and they are selling off last year's demos and had K2 True Luv in a suitable length that I could have tried. Never mind!

I think CSJ & lampbus enjoyed the day too but am sure they'll tell you!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My knee - I can feel, but I think it is still attached.
I ran on DIN4 on the affected leg just in case and didnt even hint at pre-release in spite of many runs at speed with an excusion off-piste (there is an unpisted crud/ice boulder section on skier's left half way down, behind the sad fir trees. Opps, went a bit quick over that but no damage done.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lampbus, how is it today?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Butterfly, Well done

lampbus, Hope your knee is OK today.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Butterfly, easiski, knee is good thankyou. no swelling. I can just feel it a bit, but not actually painful.

easiski, Butterfly, did realy well = confident and controlled.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lampbus, thanks and I am glad the knee appears to have survived the outing pretty well - bodes well for next winter snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy