Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

lost passport

Poster: A snowHead
clutching at straws a little, but we're due to travel to France on Tuesday (i.e. 2 days) for a week in the alps, but my wife, god bless her, appears to have mislaid her passport.

Just called the passport office, they say the earliest she could get a new one is a week tomorrow.

Short of turning the house upside down to find it (work in progress) is there anything else we can do? Seem to recall a similar thread some time ago .... Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The days when you could turn up at the passport office and get a new one the same day appear to be long gone, sadly.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I guess now is the time to see if she fits in the boot with all the luggage wink

Do they always check every passenger or is there a chance that she could try and get through carrying a photo driving licence?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
masmith, go to the passport office tomorrow-they still can issue an emergency passport of sorts. just explain your situation and if they say no, ask to speak to someone higher up because they can!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WOW ... I've just found it (curiously only a few mins after starting this thread, but after several hours hunting).

Think I'll let her sweat for a while Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
arv, thanks for that, but as you can see above it won't be necessary now. thank fully ...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
masmith, no probs. Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
masmith, you could try a few "what would you give to find your passport?" conversations...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, well she's out at the mo, but fun and games await on her return Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

ask to speak to someone higher up because they can!

Good to know.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
masmith, Laughing Laughing Brownie points for you then wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
masmith, just for fun, why not tell your wife that, in the middle of the gargantuan search of the century, you took a bit of time off to come on here Laughing See how that goes down, BEFORE you tell her you've found it
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
She's happy as larry now, with a little 'guidance' she managed to find it herself !
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
masmith, So when you found it where had it been put? I bet it was put away 'somewhere safe' Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In theory you don't need a passport within the EU, I thought. A new plastic driving license should be enough, or so I've been told, or any other 'official' EU form of ID.

Is this true, or a load of cobblers?
ski holidays
paulio, Maybe in theory you can cross the border with, say, a drivers license, isn't it the airlines and/or airports/ports which insist on the passpost as valid ID ?
ski holidays
Photocard driving licence isn't valid without the paper counterpart though so make sure you've got that bit with you.

It still baffles me that the likes of Nectar can manage a card based system quite easily yet DVLA and the like need 2 items and still cock them up at regular intervals. rolling eyes
latest report
No-one except a UK garage has ever asked for the paper part though.
snow conditions
paulio wrote:
In theory you don't need a passport within the EU, I thought. A new plastic driving license should be enough, or so I've been told, or any other 'official' EU form of ID.

Yes Smile

You don't need a passport when traveling between countries which are party to the Schengen Agreement.

You do if you are traveling between countries where one or both are not party to the agreement.

And the UK are not party to it. Sad
ski holidays
paulio wrote:

In Holland Carrying Identification is compulsory (Since 2 yrs now).

The only form of identification that is acceptable is :

Passport.
Dutch Driving License.
Dutch Residency Card.
Schengen Country ID card

Foreign Driving Licenses are not accepted as ID, therefore you must carry your passport at all times. Photo copies are not accepted by the Police.

If you dont have ID I think its a €50 fine for the first time then it goes up & up & up for repeat offences.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
In Holland Carrying Identification is compulsory (Since 2 yrs now).

The only form of identification that is acceptable is :

Passport.
Dutch Driving License.
Dutch Residency Card.
Schengen Country ID card

Foreign Driving Licenses are not accepted as ID, therefore you must carry your passport at all times. Photo copies are not accepted by the Police.

If you dont have ID I think its a €50 fine for the first time then it goes up & up & up for repeat offences.

Holland - land of the free Laughing
latest report
how can they fine you if they dont know who you are wink
snow conditions
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:

Don't tell them your name Van Pike.
ski holidays
Quote:
No-one except a UK garage has ever asked for the paper part though.

car hire companies sometimes need the paper part, too. I only have an old fashioned paper one anyway, but OH has to carry both. It's so that anybody can see whether you have any endorsements, I suppose! Credit card companies can cope because all retail outlets have the equipment needed to read the card and communicate with the system. DVLC wouldn't be too popular if they required the same.
snow report
masmith,

You're mean!!! Good on you! Laughing
Please film the proceedings so we can enjoy the torture! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I can fly within the UK on a driver's license, but have always been asked for a passport when flying over the UK boarder
snow conditions
Megamum, come on.. rayscoops aint that big!!
ski holidays
CANV CANVINGTON,
Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:

Your issued a ticket but they ask you for your name & residential address or Hotel (which by law you have to give). It is instantly checked out over the radio/computer, if your not registered at that address or Hotel then you are taken to the Police Station Very Happy
latest report
Arno wrote:
Holland - land of the free Laughing

I dont carry ID, hardly any nederlanders do except if the drive. It is much more important for the Turks & Morrocans Very Happy

I was just stating the law.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy