Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair cuts winter routes as protest against "rapists"

Poster: A snowHead
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
the constant adverts tedious but i listen to my ipod for the duration ..

You must be a charmer. Last time I used Ryanair was on the stansted/salzburg route back in January.. The guy sitting next to me was listening to his Ipod...Was told to put it away (it's not even a mobile phone so no risks whatsoever for the aircraft). When he brought it back out after take off, the attendant very stroppily told him to turn it off....

Idiots..
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kruisler, absolutely. People who listen to ipods and their ilk are complete cretins.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
paulio wrote:
stanton wrote:
Rumour has it that EasyJet will be cutting alot of routes, expect an announcement soon.

Where is this rumour from?

From Stanton.

At least for once he is only presenting his wishful thniking as "rumour", rather than fact.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kruisler wrote:
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
the constant adverts tedious but i listen to my ipod for the duration ..

You must be a charmer. Last time I used Ryanair was on the stansted/salzburg route back in January.. The guy sitting next to me was listening to his Ipod...Was told to put it away (it's not even a mobile phone so no risks whatsoever for the aircraft). When he brought it back out after take off, the attendant very stroppily told him to turn it off....

Idiots..

Section 11.2 of Ryanairs Terms of Carriage:
Quote:
For safety reasons, we may forbid or limit operation aboard the aircraft of electronic equipment, including, but not limited to cellular telephones, laptop computers, portable recorders, portable radios, CD players, electronic games or transmitting devices, including radio controlled toys and walkie-talkies. Operation of hearing aids and heart pacemakers is permitted.

Good to see they allow you to keep your pacemaker switched on. Toofy Grin

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ive only ever been told to take it off for take off and landing, persumably so i could hear if the plane crashed..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sage,

Their T&Cs suggest that so they can pass the savings on to their loyal customers, they probably ordered their Boeing aircraft with the cheapest avionics available, i.e the ones subject to go crazy at the slightest hint of magnetic/electrical activity on said aircarft! Toofy Grin rolling eyes

Maybe that's why they have landed at the wrong airport a few times! Because of some CANV CANVINGTON like disrespectful passenger listening to his Ipod and sending the aircraft off course...Poor Ryanair crews...Having to contend with this.... Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kruisler, Very Happy

Use an ipod and this might happen Toofy Grin

snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Of course they are the most punctual airline. For a flight that takes 1hr they have arrival time of 1hr 10mins, it gives them punctuality and there turn around time is helped by an additional 10mins!!!!

Just back from Paris today, had to pay and extra €10 for not checking in online. No real complaints, but a lady behind was charged €75 for a bag of 20Kg between two passangers! She was not informed that if she booked the bag on it would have been only €20 and they could have taken 10Kg each as hand luggage. Alas I was there but MrsRH (being Norwegian) would not interfere with other peoples problems, I was too busy giving them an additional €10 at another desk. That I believe was just sharp practice Mad

I just wish all charges are advertised. It is not a luxury or unavoidable to book using a credit card!!!! Please just add it and your other charges to the headline price. If you want bags, fine but let everyone know in advance what you are going to pay!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ryanair are currently advertising

Quote:

We have extended our fantastic “£40 euro off return fares offer” until Midnight this Thursday. This fantastic offer applies to over 200 great routes so get booking now

Looking at the website I really can't find what the £40 is off though. their prices still seem to range from £10 upwards.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Roy Hockley wrote:

I just wish all charges are advertised. It is not a luxury or unavoidable to book using a credit card!!!!

Yes it is. You can pay by Visa Electron, and will not have any charges.

I think they used that one as the "free" option because they know it is te last used of all card payment methods Mad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
alex_heney, sounds fare to MO'L!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I think they used that one as the "free" option because they know it is te last used of all card payment methods

It is also one of the lowest merchant charges.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alex_heney wrote:
paulio wrote:
stanton wrote:
Rumour has it that EasyJet will be cutting alot of routes, expect an announcement soon.

Where is this rumour from?

From Stanton.

At least for once he is only presenting his wishful thniking as "rumour", rather than fact.

Perhaps not, on this occasion?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7522794.stm
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
paulio, It's a sign of the times, nearly every airline is cutting back, BA is doing similar by parking up some of it's less efficient planes. Fuel costs are just too high.

snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No dont work for Ryanair, but I have flown with them frequently over the last 18 months and have had 2 issues. One delayed flight caused by air traffic control in Dublin and once a burst tyre caused by ground staff.

They do exactly what they say on the tin and if it is crap you have paid little or nothing for it if you have a good flight you have got a bargin. The fly to some good close to ski resort airports.

It is plain and simple they are Ryanair, why should you expect luxury service? Would you expect a crystal glass in a working mans club?
snow report
Ordhan wrote:
.... and once a burst tyre caused by ground staff.

Just out of curiosity, how on earth did ground staff burst a tyre?

Quote:
They do exactly what they say on the tin..

Well, that's debatable bearing in mind this is the company that had 5 out of 6 adverts pulled by the ASA for telling untruths and, who also missed a deadline from the OFT to remove misleading prices from their website.source

In fact they are currently breaking these same rules as shown here BBC

A quote from Simon Bunce, Abta's head of legal services "Ryanair has fobbed off the OFT for over a year, saying that it could not show clear, unambiguous prices on its website because it didn't have the technology," Source - Daily Telegraph April 2008

Quote:
The fly to some good close to ski resort airports.

True.

Quote:
It is plain and simple they are Ryanair, why should you expect luxury service? Would you expect a crystal glass in a working mans club?

I don't think many people on here expect luxury from them, they just want to be treated a bit better (i.e. like fare paying customers) and not feel like they are being fleeced all the time.

snowHead
latest report
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41139

Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Sage, Some one reversed into it with one ground trucks rolling eyes
snow report
Ordhan wrote:
Sage, Some one reversed into it with one ground trucks rolling eyes

Hope they were insured Toofy Grin

snowHead
snow conditions
DB wrote:
If people who charge more and add surchrages to make profits are "Tw*ts" and "rapists" then O'Leary has just defined himself.

He's running a business, not a charity.
ski holidays
Airlines are becoming such a joke, cheap flights? eh, no, cheap as advertised, but then whack on continual charges for this that and the other thing.

OIL! more expense = less skiing

Argh! Snow is an abundant resource at the minute! but I guess with the rising price of oil, global warming may slow, thus leaving me some extra time to actually learn how to ski?
snow conditions
Timmaah wrote:
DB wrote:
If people who charge more and add surchrages to make profits are "Tw*ts" and "rapists" then O'Leary has just defined himself.

He's running a business, not a charity.

So are the people he's calling Tw*ts and rapists.
snow conditions
Maybe we've all got him wrong. Perhaps he's just doing his bit for the planet.
latest report
Why does anyone still fly with Ryanair? It seems that they don't give a stuff about their customers and couldn't care less about their passengers having a pleasant flight. Afterall the last thing you want when flying on holiday or a business trip is to be put in a s£%t frame of mind because of an imbecilic Muldoon and his miserable, demotivated, unprofessional staff. I for one will not use that particular carrier again.
snow conditions
rob@rar, Laughing Laughing
snow report
halfhand wrote:
Why does anyone still fly with Ryanair? It seems that they don't give a stuff about their customers and couldn't care less about their passengers having a pleasant flight. Afterall the last thing you want when flying on holiday or a business trip is to be put in a s£%t frame of mind because of an imbecilic Muldoon and his miserable, demotivated, unprofessional staff. I for one will not use that particular carrier again.

For many people, by far the most important consideration is cost.

That is why they still have customers.
ski holidays
alex_heney wrote:

And that is why they will be in trouble this year with rising fuel costs that they will need to pass on to the customer, making them far less competitive.

snowHead
ski holidays
Luckily for ryanair the fuel prices have calmed a bit... (watch prices rocket on monday now that I said that rolling eyes )
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sage wrote:
alex_heney wrote:

And that is why they will be in trouble this year with rising fuel costs that they will need to pass on to the customer, making them far less competitive.

snowHead

Why?

Do you think other airlines will somehow be immune from the effects of higher fuel prices, and so will be able to keep prices the same?
snow conditions
See also
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41184
latest report
alex_heney, Yes of course other airlines are suffering but Budget airlines base their model on low fares, something that will be harder to supply with the current cost of fuel.

Ryanair, who have axed 250 flights from Stanstead, failed to hedge their fuel costs and have therefore been stung big time, they say they do not expect to make a profit this year (they may be wrong).

The budgets are still trying to keep their headline fares low but are increasing their extra charges to cover the shortfall caused by rising fuel costs.

snowHead
ski holidays
Sage,

Yes that's the way I see it - these small extra charges are not what is grounding his planes, it's the oil price. If he isn't smart enough to manage (hedge) his risks (inc oil) that's his problem he shouldn't start effing and jeffin at other people in the business trying to create a smoke screen. The true test of a business leader is not just whether he/she can make money when times are good but if they can survive the storm when things turn.
snow conditions
Latest trading statement.
ski holidays
Passangers up but profits down fuel crisis is killing them
ski holidays
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/transport/article4414497.ece
ski holidays
Good quote from BBC:

Quote:
(Ryanair) said it would look to maintain "aggressive pricing" in order to undercut competitors - and insisted it would not introduce fuel surcharges.
However one analyst described Ryanair's results as "an unmitigated disaster" which needed an urgent response from management.
The airline needed to "at least double" ticket prices and take more planes out of service to cut overheads, said Howard Wheeldon of BGC Partners.
Management needed to "climb off the high and mighty pedestal" and "get real" about the implications of the high oil price and its rapid expansion, he added.
"Although this crisis is not of the airline's own doing, or that of its competitors, it is potentially so bad that Ryanair will soon be seen as having bitten off more than it can chew."

snowHead
snow report
Sage, analysts are mostly IMHO tossers.

All very well for him to shoot his mouth off from behind his corporate desk, but I don't see him putting his balls on the line.
latest report
End of cheap flights

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4412857.ece
latest report
The guy may be an ignorant bollo! but he is a good businessman. Anyone that says different may I suggest not be as able as he may be and is a little jealous. I do not like the way he does business, I am from the old school where the customer is always right, even when he isn't. Saying that they are a successful company and I use them because of price alone!

When Aer Lingus / BA and the like offer a cheaper service I use them! I have got cheaper flights with Swiss, BA, Aer Lingus, Aer France and when this happens I use them. Ryanair and Easyjet usualy get the first hit on the internet but they are not always the cheapest!

SHOP AROUND!!!
ski holidays
I have sworn never to use Ryanair since my trip to the Ryder Cup at the K Club - a long miserable humiliating journey without any charm whatsoever. If the sole purpose of picking a service is on price alone, then it's a sad old world. What a lousy way to start a holiday - I would prefer to pay £50-£100 NOT to fly Ryanair. And you also save yourself the grief of getting to Stanstead (unless you're local). You don't pick a restaurant on price alone, or a car, or a bicycle, so why choose an airline?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy