Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair to stop flights to Salzburg temporarily...

Poster: A snowHead
Early season skiers beware:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/mhqlauaugboj/

No flights to Salzburg between 04/11/08 and 19/12/08...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
... are they using Harriers?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
laundryman,

There must be a joke somewhere in here but can't see it! Embarassed Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kruisler, I just had a picture of planes stopping in mid-flight for a few minutes. Perhaps an über-pedant (me? never!) would say "Ryanair to stop flying to Salzburg temporarily".

Certainly, it was a weak attempt at humour on my part!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
laundryman,

wink Very Happy

The more pedantic you are the more I learn.... All good! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/transport/article4351005.ece
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh no, it's the cockpit crunch!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Guys - Ryan Air are still flying to Salzburg - but only once a day instead of twice, and its only for the 6 weeks before chirstmas - when the slopes are quiet! The morning flight has been dropped - the evening flight is still in operation.

So please come skiing in Ski Amade and enjoy the empty slopes!!!!!! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
flangesax wrote:
So please come skiing in Ski Amade and enjoy the empty slopes!!!!!! Very Happy

Agree. One of the best lift and snowmaking systems in the Alps. Luckily, I can drive there in five hours. Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
How far is Klagenfurt Airport to Radstat then?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
blytht wrote:
How far is Klagenfurt Airport to Radstat then?

About 160 kms, two hours by car.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
blytht, Linz is 2 hours as well, rather annoyingly you drive past Salzburg airport on the way! Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Flangesax wrote:

"Guys - Ryan Air are still flying to Salzburg - but only once a day instead of twice, and its only for the 6 weeks before chirstmas - when the slopes are quiet! The morning flight has been dropped - the evening flight is still in operation."

No they are not ! I broke a lifelong rule never to book a Ryanair flight and guess what, the first time I do (the evening flight to Salzburg for a long weekend in Kaprun in December) a few weeks after booking they cancel the whole route. They took a very long time issuing a refund (only came through today) and I am currently waiting to see what the tour operator is going to do (it was a package based on buying Rynair flights). Luckily my January trip is with a charter flight which will be guaranteed 100% full so little chance of it being cancelled.

Does anybody know of December flights to Salzburg that are in the evening in both directions ?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
truffaut, Have a look at the Thompson flights, not sure of the times but flights are available from a lot of regional airports.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Managed to get BA flight to Munich, so trip is saved (assuming Munich isn't one of the short haul destinations that BA were thinking of axing this winter). The extra luggage allowance will come in handy. Also means I avoid travelling to Stansted through the rush hour, dealing with an airport I have never been to before plus the appalling (arrival) baggage system at Salzburg.
snow conditions
I wuldnt be at all surprised if Ryanair subsequently drop dates in January and March depending on demand over the next three months - I certainly wouldn't rely on them at the moment at all.
snow report
A bit off topic.. but flew with them the other day and they charged me 25€ for some reason.... Which they didn't do when I flew out. I think it's because I didn't opt for the luggage option and brought luggage? Or some daft shite like that.. Aaaah well.
ski holidays
Try Coventry, i think its thomsonfly....
latest report
Quote:

"No they are not ! I broke a lifelong rule never to book a Ryanair flight and guess what, the first time I do (the evening flight to Salzburg for a long weekend in Kaprun in December) a few weeks after booking they cancel the whole route."

Right-You-Are!!

I have just taken ages to plough through the websites.... this is when the flights start (as of 06/08/0Cool

19/12/2008 - 18:00 from London Stansted (ryanair)
19/12/2008 - 16:55 from Manchester (thomsonfly) - currently £55 !
19/12/2008 - 07:25 from Coventry (thomsonfly)
13/12/2008 - 11:15 from Bournemouth (thomsonfly) - currently £25.99 !
01/12/2008 - 08:00 from London Gatwick (BA) - currently £68 !

After these dates the flights are regularly operating throughout the ski season...

Plenty of flights still available - and sorry about the misinformation (although it was not at the tim eof posting!) Embarassed
snow report
Quote:

plus the appalling (arrival) baggage system at Salzburg.

I have flown into Salzburg many, many, many times both in and out of season and have never, ever experienced a problem with the arrival baggage system in Terminal 1. Maybe it is different in Terminal 2... but then I have never been able to afford to fly into it!

Anyhow, glad you have found a subsitute flight and I hope you enjoy your short break! Laughing
ski holidays
i have found salzburg baggage to be excellent.. stanstead on the other hand is rubbish
latest report
If you want to go for christmas from the north try Liverpool to Innsbruck with Easyjet instead. We have just paid £190.00 return for three of us . This is much cheaper than Thomsonfly to Salzburg (£470.00) which is our regular route. snowHead
snow conditions
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
i have found salzburg baggage to be excellent.. stanstead on the other hand is rubbish

Same here, if I could fly East Midlands - Salzburg everytime life would be so much easier, but this winter flying from anywhere to Salzburg isn't looking particularly easy (or cheap).
ski holidays
Sad darn, just noticed that ryanair have pulled their late evening stansted to salzburg (and return) flight for the summer as well now. i'm a bad gastein regular visitor so this is one i use frequently - is anyone else seeing the airlines cut back on loads of other routes in europe ?
ski holidays
Word in the hangar is that Ryanair are to introduce standing areas on all flights within the EU from May. Seats will still be an option at €23.50 single. You will simply clip-in to overhead handles during take off and landing - a cross between the old straps on the London underground and a handcuff and be free to mill around inside the caged area during the rest of the flight.

Good idea I think, what a great airline, so innovative and always giving their customers more options Very Happy
ski holidays
Won't comment on ryanair as I develop hives even thinking about it and O'Leary. EJ to Innsbruck, asdk100, said, is a decent alternative but no flights on Saturdays (at least this season anyway) for those who need Sat-Sat bookings.
snow report
truffaut wrote:
Managed to get BA flight to Munich, so trip is saved (assuming Munich isn't one of the short haul destinations that BA were thinking of axing this winter). The extra luggage allowance will come in handy. Also means I avoid travelling to Stansted through the rush hour, dealing with an airport I have never been to before plus the appalling (arrival) baggage system at Salzburg.

What do you think is wrong with Salzburg baggage system?

I've only flown through there twice, the second time a few weeks ago, but both times the baggage arrived reasonably quickly. Skis are delivered outside, but that isn't uncommon at foreign airports.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy