Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arinsal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm organising a trip next year with some mates (two complete newbies and one beginner/low intermediate), and I was looking at Arinsal. It seems like quite a nice resort, and quite suited to the level of the skiers I'm going with (I don't particularly care if it's not so great for me - as long as I'm on snow I don't care Smile). We're probably going to go sometime between the first week in March and the first week in April. Before I go and present the idea to everyone else though I have a few (probably unfounded) doubts.

Firstly, what is the snow going to be like by the start of April? It's probably more paranoia on my behalf than a serious worry, but the SCGB 'historical snow' report for Arinsal seems to suggest that it started disappearing pretty quickly last season come the 2nd week of April. Is it likely to be alright if we went for the first week of April, or could it possibly be a bit patchy?

Secondly, are Arinsal and Pal linked, and if so is Pal covered by the same lift pass as Arinsal, or will a separate pass be required?

Finally, what will freestyle opportunities be like in Arinsal? I seen it mentioned somewhere that they have a park (or at least they did last year), but does anyone know what the park is actually like - whether it's actually a park or just pretends to be a park?

Many thanks to anyone who can answer any of my questions - so far the internet has been pretty cack for information on it Sad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Marc, I went with a bunch of lads the 3rd week in March to Arinsal, Cracking holiday that i'l never forget. It was my first time skiing and Arinsal was perfect for beginners. I was at the same level as 2 of my mates who had spent 100's on lessons by the end of the week!

We had a good coverage of snow the first few days, and the snow cannons covering the piste provided plenty of snow for the rest of the week.

We stayed in Arinsal for the week so unsure about wether it links to Pal although im fairly sure I saw that it did on the map, Im sure theres plenty of snowheads can answer that one though!

Hope that helped!

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks copperfield12 Smile

After some discussion and consultation of university term dates it looks like we'll either be going on the 29th March or 5th April (depending on which university my mate gets in to). Anyone else got any bits of advice to offer?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mark_s, The last couple of seasons we have had good snow in march/april. Are you planning on going with a TO or not? As i think that the last week for the TO's might be the 29th March.

Arinsal and Pal are linked by a gondola at the top of the mountain, so you need to be of a good standard to get over and get back. It is all included in the same lift pass. With the lift pass you can also ski in the area of Arcalis, and the pass also lets you use the bus to get there(about 50 mins).

As for the park, it is currently under re construction for the coming season. There is already a halfpipe, and good selection of rails, and as far as I know, there will be some dirt kickers built, so they can be used with little snow cover.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
freestyleandy, thanks for the info Smile

I was looking at going with First Choice and staying in the 'Apartments Poblado'. Luckily it seems that their last week is the 5th April, coinciding with the end of the 2nd semester at both of our universities. My friend will be in her 1st year studying medicine and is adverse to missing any teaching weeks, so that limits when we can go somewhat.

It's good to hear my snow worries were a bit of paranoia. And good to hear that when they're in ski school in the morning, there's somewhere I can amuse myself Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy