Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck to Ischgl Transfer help

Poster: A snowHead
There are 10 of us going to Ischgl in january and I'm trying to organise the cheapest transfer - can anyone help me on this?? Many Thanks
Julie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I spent ages trying to find a reasonable transfer from Munich, in the end I found this Landeck company (near Ischgl) that were very reasonable at £65 each (we were 12 people), so I would assume that you would pay half of that from Innsbruck - info@ullis-taxi.com is their address. Munich flights came out at horrendous prices for half term. In the end we had to abandon Ischgl as Easyjet did not advertise yesterday that they were flying saturday to saturday so I didn't even look and booked the cheapest flights to Milan, so we are now going to Bormio. If you need accommodation we have just had to let a lovely hotel down that was very reasonable and central (Hotel Persura). Have a great time. Ischgl - one day. Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello there...

I'm going from Innsbruck to Ischgl in March with a group of 7.

I've haven't investigated it too thoroughly just yet, but so far I have identified the following options@

1. Hire a minibus
2. Get the train and then the bus
3. Get a taxi(s)

Option 1. I have found a quote for a 9 seater that works out at £61 each for 7 people (no good for you, but gives you an idea of cost).

Option 2. Get the train from Innsbruck to a place called Landeck. From here, there are free buses every hour that go to Ischgl. This will be the cheapest option, but also the slowest and the biggest pain in the backside (lugging bags etc on trains and buses).

Option 3. Hire a taxi. I've checked out a couple of local taxi firms (http://www.sphinx-taxi.at/en/preisliste.php and http://www.alpentaxi.at/index.php?id=3&L=). These are priced at 350 Euro for the return taxi... at current exchange rates that works out at £40 each.

Obviously all this is based on 7 people in March.... but i hope some of it helps.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
[quote="Christina1"]I spent ages trying to find a reasonable transfer from Munich, in the end I found this Landeck company (near Ischgl) that were very reasonable at £65 each (we were 12 people), so I would assume that you would pay half of that from Innsbruck - info@ullis-taxi.com is their address. Munich flights came out at horrendous prices for half term. In the end we had to abandon Ischgl as Easyjet did not advertise yesterday that they were flying saturday to saturday so I didn't even look and booked the cheapest flights to Milan, so we are now going to Bormio. If you need accommodation we have just had to let a lovely hotel down that was very reasonable and central (Hotel Persura). Have a great time. Ischgl - one day. Sad[/quote

I've been watching easyjet like a hawk since june as i new they flew on a saturday to innsbruck - got a great deal for £68 each inc everything so i guess i was quitr lucky - enjoy Bormio I'm sure it will be great - thanks for your help

julie
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
juliebenn, From where do Easyjet fly to Innsbruck on a Saturday?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
juliebenn, How did you find out they flew on a saturday? Even up until yesterday when the flights were released they were quoting sunday to sunday from Gatwick.

Yes Bormio will be nice, but it will be our 5th time. Really wanted to go to Ischgl.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Christina1, Why was the Sunday flight a problem? I've contacted hotels there that are happy to take Sun-Sun bookings.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
erica2004, Tried to change a few weeks ago, but hotel were only saturday to saturday. This was the only hotel in our price range as we have to pay for a family of four at half term.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Christina1 wrote:
juliebenn, How did you find out they flew on a saturday? Even up until yesterday when the flights were released they were quoting sunday to sunday from Gatwick.

I don't know about Julie, but I knew they flew from somewhere on a Saturday last year, because the departures hall was full of people queuing for Easyjet when I was leaving (Flying with Lauda Air on a Crystal package).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Easyjet are flying Gatwick to Innsbruck on Saturdays. On sale now
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi I knew from last year they flew on a saturday from Gatwick and i have been watching their website since June 20th (sad i know) to make sure i got 10 flights. We got them for £68 inc baggage so it was worth all the waiting!! Smile Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I still do not understand why Easyjet did not advertise the fact that they were flying saturday to saturday from Gatwick. Only picked up the fact when someone on here posted the dilemma about 5 months ago. Right up until sunday the schedule on their website did not include saturday. I feel so disappointed as the one who organises the ski holiday every year. We normally go to Italy, but this year were going to live 'dangerously' and tiptoe into Austria. I must admit feeling somewhat cheated by Easyjet and I think next year will definitely be a package as the tension of waiting for halfterm flights is just too much.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
erica2004 wrote:
Christina1, Why was the Sunday flight a problem? I've contacted hotels there that are happy to take Sun-Sun bookings.

Do you mind me asking which ones?

We are booked onto the Easyjet Sunday flights to/from Liverpool and after a quick scout round at the weekend i didn't find one hotel that would do Sunday-Sunday!

I even filled in the enquiry form on ischgl.com and got a load of responses for rooms from Saturday which is not what i asked for!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
magic_hat, book Sat to Sat in Ischgl to get the rooms (even though you arriving on Sun) and stay in Innsbruck B&B for the last night and ski the local slopes ! or fly out on the Friday from Bristol instead and stay down the valley somewhere on the Friday night !

Transfers by train to St Anton (similar distance) were about Euro 19 each way and a taxi was Euro 160 one way (between four of us) and I will see if I can find the taxi drivers card
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
magic_hat, book Sat to Sat in Ischgl to get the rooms (even though you arriving on Sun) and stay in Innsbruck B&B for the last night and ski the local slopes ! or fly out on the Friday from Bristol instead and stay down the valley somewhere on the Friday night !

Transfers by train to St Anton (similar distance) were about Euro 19 each way and a taxi was Euro 160 one way (between four of us) and I will see if I can find the taxi drivers card
snow report
rayscoops wrote:

We did the Sun-Sun thing with our last night in Innsbruck. We still skied 6 full days, and then at 5 on the last Saturday took a minibus taxi down to Innsbruck for a last night out on the tiles. Was a nice change of scene to be honest.

D
snow report
A great suggestion, and i did go off and investigate this... however, the times of out flights don't suit this at all.

On the return Sunday, our flight is at 11:15 in the morning, so to get our 6 days skiing in Ischgl we'd have to head back to Innsbruck on the Saturday night. Having to be at the airport for 9:15 the next morning wouldn't leave anytime for skiing the local slopes.

A shame really as i had warmed to the idea of getting in a bit of skiing in a different resort! Plus the "Not so keen" skiers could have just gone shopping!

I'm back on the hunt for a sunday-sunday in ischgl, so erica2004, if you read this, i wouldn't mind a pointer or two!

Cheers
snow conditions
magic_hat, www.hotel-brigitte.com as recommended to me by Nickster!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy