Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wengen - Swiss Rail Cards

Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Wengen next Saturday, flying into Geneva. We are intending to use the rail network to and from the airport and then around the Wengen area for the week. There seems to be an awful lot of different rail cards to choose from. I am tempted by the Swiss Card which gives travel to and from the airport and 50% off the mountain railways and some cable cars (£96 each 2nd class). Any advice would be gratefully received!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Christina1, Are you planning to be based in and arround Wengen or will you be travelling further ?

If you are going to be based in Wengen then I'd also consider getting the local pass (it costs 145CHF with a Swiss Card or 195CHF without) Which will let you get on and off most of the local transport network for no additional charges, though it won't take you above Murren as it doesn't include the cablecar on that side of the Lauterbrunnen valley.

If you want to go further and see more of Switzerland then I'd suggest the Swiss pass, it really comes down to how far you wish to travel.

If you want some nice places to go to PM me with the sort of places you'd like to go to and I'll send you some suggestions as I've been going to Switzerland and in particular the Wengen area for nearly 40 years (started as a baby Embarassed ) in both summer and winter
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What about the Jungfrau railways pass if you are travelling mainly in the Jungrau region. CHF145 with the Swiss Card, it then gives you 6 consecutive days of unlimited travel around the region plus a 50% discount between Eigergletscher and Jungfraujoch. Depending on what you are doing each day it can work out much cheaper than buying tickets each day, and gives you extra flexibility.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The intention is to just explore the region as we only have the week. D G Orf, Will pm you (I hope if I remember how). The local pass sounds a good idea, is that something to buy when we are actually in Wengen? angel, thank you will have a look into that.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Christina1, yes the local pass can be picked up from any of the railway stations from Interlaken Ost up to Wengen

Personally I'd suggest that you allow 1 day to go up the Jungfrau, 1 day possibly a bad weather day to go onto lake Thun and see the sites there, 1 day to go to Lake Brienz (possibly 2 if you use 1 to go to Ballenburg) a half day to wander arround Interlaken you can go up the Harder Kulm near InterlakenOst station but I personally don't rate it highly as a trip, a day to go to Murren or possibly the Schinigge Platte I'd suggest one or the other and perhaps a day arround Grindelwald.

That should keep you pretty busy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Would also recommend the Grosse Scheidegg round trip - Post bus from Grindelwald over Grosse Scheidegg down to Meiringen, train to Brienz, boat to Interlaken. fantastic views, lots of spots to stop off. If you are feeling a bit more adventurous there is the trotti scooter-bike run from Bort down to Grindelwald Or take the gondola from Grindelwald to First and walk to Bachalpsee - fairly easy walk to a beautiful alpine lake with amazing views. you can also PM for specific info - like D G Orf I know the area pretty well, having worked there in both summer and winter for a number of years
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
angel, I'd forgotten about the Grosse Scheidegg trip, I agree it's worth it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go to Zermatt, this area sucks.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab, Thank you so much for your advice. Taking the family away next week with hard earned savings will be so much sweeter with those friendly words.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lol, you know I'm only dicking about.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Christina1, He lives there, he forgot how nice it is Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dont forget to visit Trummelbach Falle in Lauterbrunnen !

stab, you can be so mean rolling eyes Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Christina1, you will love it in Murren ...edit.... i mean Wengen
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes, I think stab is like a mother with her offspring about his mountain Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sorry stab, I was feeling a bit tetchy when I wrote that. 17 year old daughter had just left to go trekking in Peru for 5 weeks. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Christina1, hey no problem, I can take it as well as I give it.
Look out for mad welsh men on mountain boards if you're hiking about.
snow conditions
stab, you working in Wengen this summer at the same place ?
latest report
Chris Brookes, No. Or yes, depends what the same place would be, same place as every summer or same place as that ill fated winter I just made it through.

Quote:

his mountain

I'm glad we all agree on one thing Smile
latest report
I thought you worked in the same place year round now. Just we are there in August and would have popped in and said hello !
snow report
no mate, winter in that place, summer on the fried egg.
Are you kommst mit the hunds?
snow conditions
stab wrote:
no mate, winter in that place, summer on the fried egg.
Are you kommst mit the hunds?

nein hunde
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy