Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Weekender / La Clusaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone,

I have stumbled across Ski Weekender's website and its got me thinking about getting back on the slopes again as the short break thing suits me.

Has anyone used this setup before? Recommend it etc or should I look elsewhere?

What about La Clusaz? Are there a wide range of runs etc?

Cheers, Sandy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did a long weekend in La Clusaz a couple of years ago. Had a great time. Skiing was extensive enough for me and a nice town to go out in at night. Stayed in a chalet run by a company called gravite. Recommended.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gravite also go under the name of www.snowchalet.co.uk. we stayed with them last year for a short break. here are some bullet points for you
- superb chalet with sky and web access (if you ask nicely !)
- superb hosts - go the extra mile to make your holiday special. even pick you up form the slopes at night if you give them about an hours notice from your mobile !!
- they can do there own transfers at a very reasonable price
- food excellent
- flexible with regard to short breaks and 3 people per room etc
- resort OK for a short break and pass covers grand bonard (easy bus link)
- if you like hig mileage liek we do you will run out of stuff to do after 3 days
- resort is low. be careful. we had rain on the last day all the way from village to mid station. totally unskiable (we went on march)
- nice town , traditional not purpose built
- short transfer from geneva
-chalet not walking distance from town but skibus stops 100m away and Dave will take you to the lifts in the mornings

hope this helps
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Two different outfits. The guy who runs Gravite used to work for Skiweekender.

Paul who runs skiweekender has been doing it for a while and has a top setup. I've been there winter and summer and recommend it highly. Both outfits are based in St Jean de Sixt which is a small village halfway between La Clusaz and Grand Bornand which has the advantage of either resort being easy to get to but it doesn't have a ski resort feel and you do spend a fair bit of time travelling.

I endorse what backhojo, says about the skiing. The biggest downside is the lack of altitude and its impact on the snow conditions. There's some good skiing there for a short break though and the towns of La Clusaz and Grand Bornand are really nice.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers everyone,

We have booked with skiweekender and are going over Christmas for the short Christmas Break.

A little impulsive but hey ho Very Happy The flight prices etc were too good to pass up and we just wanted to get away for a break. Obviously, loads of snow would be great but we're not fussed about trekking a wee bit to find some. Enough for a snowball would be a step up on the West of Scotland...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Steve Sparks wrote:
Two different outfits. The guy who runs Gravite used to work for Skiweekender.

Paul who runs skiweekender has been doing it for a while and has a top setup. I've been there winter and summer and recommend it highly. Both outfits are based in St Jean de Sixt which is a small village halfway between La Clusaz and Grand Bornand which has the advantage of either resort being easy to get to but it doesn't have a ski resort feel and you do spend a fair bit of time travelling.

I endorse what backhojo, says about the skiing. The biggest downside is the lack of altitude and its impact on the snow conditions. There's some good skiing there for a short break though and the towns of La Clusaz and Grand Bornand are really nice.

you are confusing me ? gravite and snowchalet are the same company. both based in chalet fan la bise in la clusaz. check out the websites. the chalet is the same one !
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
backhojo, Didn't mean to confuse you but Skiweekender and Gravite are different outfits. The op's question related to Skiweekender and you introduced Gravite quite legitimately into the equation.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You'll have a great time in La Clusaz, one of my favourite places.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Steve Sparks wrote:
backhojo, Didn't mean to confuse you but Skiweekender and Gravite are different outfits. The op's question related to Skiweekender and you introduced Gravite quite legitimately into the equation.

i see !! thanks for clarification !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back from skiing over Christmas and new year in Nottingham. Had an awesome break and can thoroughly recommend to anyone who is thinking of a quick break to try skiweekender out for themselves.

Based 5 mins (genuinely) from both La Clusaz and Le Grand Bonard its perfectly sited and their tranfers plus a free resort run transfer system that goes right by the chalet door makes it a brilliant place to stay.

Cracking hosts, food and atmosphere. Think the girlfriend and I are already set on going back next christmas too!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, sorry to drag this back to the front again, but we went again for Christmas but for the full week this time.

We flew out on the Sunday before Christmas and was in the air when the proverbial hit the fan which resulted in a detour via Lyon and then back to Geneva by bus. Others on the same holiday got diverted to Zurich and had a 4 hour train ride back. The team at Skiweekender had their drivers wait at the airport for both groups and didnt leave until all were accounted for.

We got to the hotel at about 12.30am where upon the owners offered us the full dinner that we hadn't had earlier (we went for soup and bed, passing up a massive stew). They did the same for the group that arrived at about 2.30am.

While our drivers were waiting they had other ask where they were going as other holiday companies had buggered off and left them high and dry in the airport!!!

Snow was pretty good but when the sun came out got a touch patchy in a few small areas but all almost all runs were open and it was still another fantastic trip out there. I dare say we will be back again this Christmas coming.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Steve is right- we did used to work for Paul who runs Karibuni and also skiweekender.

We helped renovate his old hotel and worked our first season with him - as we were newbies to the scene after having left the 9-5 lifestyle behind us.
It was a great way to learn the business and we decided to stay on after our first year, as the kids had made great friends in school, and the skiing is awesome.

So we started up gravite - but no one really understood the name (french for gravity), so we have evolved into Snowchalet (winter business), Sunchalet (our summer business) and Artchalet (as we now also run off-peak art courses).

Chalet Fan La Bise is our main catered chalet in La Clusaz, and is set on the hillside opposite the Fernuy and La Balme runs - so la Balme is our closest ski lift. We aren't in St Jean although we do offer some self catered accommodation there.

Paul, Jess and James who run Karibuni and ski weekender are a really good team, and the Lodge is great, has a young vibe and is perfect for large groups as as it can sleep 30+ - something very rare around here. There is also Snowlife run by Simon and Lisa who are on the piste in La Clusaz, which sleeps up to 30. They offer mainly week long stays but will do weekends if they have space.
We keep it small as there is only two of us (sam & dave), so we only cater for small groups or 3 families at a time.

La Clusaz is a great resort for the weekend - only an hour from geneva so you can be skiing by lunch time if you get an early flight. Ther is something for everyone and some awesome back country if you are into the extreme stuff.

Anyway I hope this helps, and you don't mind the biog!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy