Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Working in Switzerland for non EU Peeps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have an idea of how the Swiss system works? I have been looking around and can't find any Info on this....

Myself and my girlfriend are looking to work in Switzerland as Ski Teachers. I am BASI ISIA qualified and going for my ISTD, and she is Chilean qualified, also ISIA.
With her being from Chile I have heard that there are difficulites with being accepted for work in Switzerland, being from outside the EU, but can't seem to find any information on it.

Anybody clued up on the Swiss system and can shed any light on this??

thank,

Andy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.bfm.admin.ch/bfm/en/home/themen/arbeit.html

That would normally be your first port of call. You could also have a look at

www.englishforum.ch

If you were married I think it wouldn't be so difficult, but as you are not, I think you will be treated as independent peeps and not as a family unit. You would probably be looking at a saisonnaire permit (L for you, not entirely sure for non-EU these days). Either way, your first action should be to apply for a job with a ski school and they should be able to sort things out from there once they offer you a position
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you may be ok with the qualification but generally non EU peeps are screwed. They made it easier for EU and near on impossible for non EU.

IF a non EU gets an L it's for 4 months or something, EU one is 12 months now.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stab, had a look around on there, and it is near impossible for non eu to work in switzedland for a season, has to be proved that there is no one else in the EU that is suitable for the job!! And if there isn't, the employer has to explain why not??? Looks like staying in Andorra one more season!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is not impossible for Non EU people to work in Switzerland on fixed length l employment contract (paying alll taxes, Insurances etc.)
I have worked in Swtizerland a few times & my colleagues have been people from Russia,China,India, Bosnia,US,Canada.

FYI
For non-swiss residents it is not allowed to work Part Time. If you are successful in finding work and getting employed your employers will issue with a fixed contract.

I would apply to the Ski Resorts/Schools direct.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy