Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can anyone recommend ski school & creche in la rosiere for 6 and 3 yr old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have booked our next skiing holiday to La Rosiere staying in the Cimes Blanches apparts (les eucharts).
Our children will be 6 and 3.

We are trying to work out the best option for them this year in terms of skiing lessons and childcare (6 yr old will ski with us some afternoons but will be too tired to come out every day)

Both skiied this year although the 3 yr old only spent an hour on skis each day in the nursery area.

I gather there are two ski schools Evolution 2 and ESF + les galopins creche.
Has anyone tried either of these companies in La Rosiere? How did you find them?

We are going during English school hols so am hoping our children won't be the only English ones in the creche.

This is my first post on this forum so hoping for lots of replies!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowymum, welcome to snowHead We have a few really knowledgable people and fans of La Rosiere on here so confident your question will be answered in due course. I ski over the valley but from all accounts good choice with the kids!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowymum, if you book them into the Les Galopins in Les Eucherts you can be certain they won't be the only English. Very close to Cimes Blanches appartments. Les Galopins are very good, their staff are all well qualified, they're linked to the ESF so they use the ESF instructors for lessons. We've had lots of guests use them, never had any problems, all the kids we know of have made good progress and have been happy there. In busy times you'll find EVO2 get booked very quickly, they are Ski Espirit's contracted ski school in the village, the Arpin connection, so EVO2 will sub-contract to ESF anyway.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you Mouth and David for your replies.

It is good to hear that your guests have been happy with Les Galopins. Do you know the ratio of instructors to children for the ESF lessons? I feel reassured to know that Les Galopins is very good. This is the first time we've booked independently since having the children. I've read some lovely reviews of La Rosiere so am really looking forward to skiing there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowymum, I don't know of the exact ratio but I've never seen the long lines of kids that you get in other resorts. La Rosiere has won awards for the quality of child care so you won't have a problem with whichever ski school you use. We prefer to recommend the ESF to our guests because we know a lot of the instructors who are almost all locals, although it's a big brigade now with about 80 instructors working.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have been to La Ros with Esprit for three consecutive years. I think I'm right in saying that Esprit use Evolution 2 instructors but I've never seen any non-Esprit kids in the classes. All high standard however. Unless Evolution 2 has opened another office, it's a bit of a trek first thing from Les Eucherts but perhaps there is a local option now.

ps If you get the chance, park the kids for the evening and eat at L'Ancolie in Les Eucherts.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Easter 2007 both kids went to esf school in the morning and were in classes of 8, we also booked them into the galopins club in the afternoons but they only went once because they wanted to ski with us and because my wife was a beginner aswell it was fine. Easter 2008 they were both in the same group with evo2 but they were the only 2!, joined by another girl for one lesson and I think another lad for one at the end of the week.
Club galopins can be a reasonable trek from the lift with kids in ski boots!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowymum, welcome! When are you going? We are also going to La Ros for the first time next season, and Cimes Blanches too, looks lovely Very Happy
Ours are older, will be 14 & 9 when we go - if they have any lessons we may look at Evo2. I have been told that they will meet at Les Eucherts. ESF seem to have a good reputation here too.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
al.p wrote:
We have been to La Ros with Esprit for three consecutive years. I think I'm right in saying that Esprit use Evolution 2 instructors but I've never seen any non-Esprit kids in the classes. All high standard however. Unless Evolution 2 has opened another office, it's a bit of a trek first thing from Les Eucherts but perhaps there is a local option now.

ps If you get the chance, park the kids for the evening and eat at L'Ancolie in Les Eucherts.

Can't help with the Ski School / Creche recommendation but can definitely second the recommendation for L'Ancolie. Great Food.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you everybody for the very useful advice.

Ollski - did you find Evo 2 better than Esf for lessons? As I will be needing the creche too (my children are 6 and 3) I'm thinking that maybe using ESF and Les Galopins creche in les eucharts will be the most practical option for us this time.

Hello Lou - we are going to Les Cimes Blanches for New Year week. Have booked the direct Eurostar ski train which will hopefully be a fairly stress free way to travel. Am feeling quite excited about the holiday..hope the Cimes Blanches appts are as luxurious as the website suggests!
Which week are you going? I'm sure you will have a great time as your children, being older, will have the stamina to ski over to La Thuile with you. Yes - Evo 2 will come to Les Eucharts..I emailed them and they sent a quick reply in English..they sound very good. hope
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you also to those who have recommended L'Ancolie...we will definitely give it a try..although we will have the children with us as cannot persuade Granny to come skiing with us and babysit!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowymum, Les Cimes Blanches is top quality, and Les Galopins is very close, Evo2 do operate from Les Eucherts but at peak times they get very busy with Ski Espirit, allround I'd say that Les Galopins /ESF are the best opition in the village. We used to recommend L'Ancolie but we've had a some poor experiences there over the past couple of seasons, so we've recommended La Turia in the Centre Commercial for guests who want a really good meal. In our experience the best in the Village, not cheap but on a par with L'Ancolie pricewise and much better. There is a new restaurant in Les Eucherts, La Grange, haven't been there yet but haven't heard any bad things either. You can contact the Tourist Office for a list of baby-sitters.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy