Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Movement Yaka vs Fischer AMC 73.....?????????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Lo Folks,

Its that time of year when i am starting to get a really bad ski itch, ive pretty much read my copies of Falline to death and now need some therapy... so to console myself i think ill get some new skis for the forthcoming season.

Ive got my eye on a pair of Movement Yaka's for numerous reasons but query if they will be any better (or worse? Sad ) than my AMC 73s.

I like the AMC 73s and cant fault them really, they are light, nimble, quick, stable and do what i ask and insipre confidence - would the Movements be a step up, sideways or just a more asthetic replacement?

I ski quite hard and fast (or so i think) mainly on piste but head off when given the opportunity. 6'.1" 86kg and physically fit and tend to use a combination of technique vs muscle to ski (ie lacking in BASI finesse in otherwords...) I am currently on a 170 with the AMCs but the movements only come in 166 and 175 - and recommendations for length?

Oh and any recomendations for bindings would be great too as they dont seem to come with bindings.
Cheers

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 11-07-08 23:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

6'.1" 13.5kg

Thats a bit light for the height Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Edited cos i am a numpty and its late....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well not much of a response for the comparison..

Does anyone have the Yaka's or have they skiied on them? Comments and opinions are welcome (please!)

Cheers
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
matricks,
Quote:

Ive got my eye on a pair of Movement Yaka's for numerous reasons but query if they will be any better (or worse? ) than my AMC 73s.

I tried the yakas this year in L2A, i'm not very technically minded when it comes to ski's and have'nt tried the AMC's but all I can say is I loved the yaka's. Going by your description I would say my technique is similar to yours excepting the "physically fit" part wink. I did'nt get the chance to try them off piste but on piste they were great, ultra responsive and very forgiving. The only comparison I can make is against the Scott Aztec Pro (used in the same week) and I much prefferred the Movements.

If I could justify the cost I would deffo buy some, but it just does'nt seem worth it as I only manage 1 week per season at the moment. Having said that if you manage to find a good deal let me know, I may be tempted, just don't tell the handbrake*.

*Wife wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers,

I have had a good hunt around and prices seem to be around the £300 mark at the moment - ill keep an eye out an give you a shout if i seem them cheaper.

ill dig around for reviews on the Scotts and start the comparison wheel into motion.

I know Movement have 2x updated versions of the Yaka for the 2008/9 season so who knows prices on the 2007/8 range could drop a bit more....

Cheers for the info though - and as for the Chief of the Domestic Staff - ive already had the "why are you looking at another set of ski's..... you cant ski both at once you know" talking to Much in the same way as you cant use 2 handbags or wear 2 pairs of overpriced ankle snappers then........
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I tried the movements in LDA and loved them and would buy a pair tomorrow but in the same boat asGregd, (the wife) wink On a serious note they were one of the best skis that i was on over the weekend.
Let me know if you find a good price for them
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't get the impression that the Yaka would be so very different than your AMC.... if you want a step up all rounder then the Spark is worth a try.

Unless you don't have many weeks skiing, you should be on the 183...

I think at your physical stats, you'll swamp all but a very few 170's. No wonder you can turn them easily... they are way too small, IMV
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy