Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Villars 24hr race - anyone done it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, my first post after spending a while lurking at the back...

I saw something in the Guardian at the weekend about the Villars 24hr 'Grand Prix', found the website, and was wondering if any snowHeads have done it in previous years or are going to do it in January? Interested to hear about your experiences if you have.
http://www.gp24h.com/english/24hrace.shtml

Basically it's a 24 hr endurance race for teams of 4 to 6. Le Mans on skis! Set up by Jacques Villeneuve and all done in aid of charideee of course. I can't go in Jan 05, already got my trips booked but I've already found one mate who is mad enough to join me in Jan 06....(I think it was the proposition of the racing drivers' girlfriends at the after-party that sold him on it Madeye-Smiley )

There's a Canadian version at Tremblant too, it happened last weekend in fact. http://www.tremblant.ca/24heures/

cheers
john
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi John, it's nice to see a lurker converted Very Happy . I'd heard about the Tremblant Race, although it didn't seem to go too smoothly this year.

I never knew there was a Euro version, I hope it's run better though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It looks awesome, a mate tried to rope me in but I'm not convinced it's good training for the Inferno a week later (and I'm already booked for that). However, '06 looks promising with better forward planning.

Reports I'd had from him suggested it was pretty good fun...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for the welcome and for that tremblant insider link.

I do like the look of the Villars event in '06, I'll be working some persuasion on others in my ski groups this winter.

The Inferno is on my list of 'must do that someday'. It looks like chaotic madness with that many skiers on the course. I'm not sure what good preparation would be for Inferno....a couple of stiff schnapps beforehand, a large tub of tigerbalm and my chiropractor on standby.... Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnnyrotten, The Inferno is well worth doing, it's a blast and you get to dress up in Lycra and all. Also highly amusing to see cable cars full of >210cm skis again. Also a massive excuse for a party.

But the festive season ALWAYS gets in the way of training. The race itself is not so chaotic as you might think, but certainly lots of racers around.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy