Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another ski resort for Bulgaria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bulgaria will soon have another ski resort, at a cost of about €50 million. It is to be built near to Chepelare by Rhodoppe Mountain and will be called Mechi Chal. Construction is expected to take 5 years and will be split into three stages, the first of which is scheduled for completion before the end of 2008....As part of the building work, an existing ski lift will be renovated, a new 2.7km lift will be constructed and a 3.5-km long ski track with facilities for artificial snow will be built in the first phase. The second phase of the project will be completed in 2009-2011 and will include a sports centre in Chepelare, and another 3-km long lift. The third phase will include the opening of summer vacation facilities and a resort village.

See: http://www.visitbulgaria.net/en/chepelare/news/20080703/mechi_chal_complex.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some fantastic pictures on the visit bulgaria site Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mike Pow, Laughing Laughing the picture of that guy really makes me want to go there and get me some of that style Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
like it how this picture is watermarked to prevent reproduction ... as if. Nice boots though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
or whatever reason
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Might be wise to finish Bansko first and see if they can get some punters to actually go there. A friend of mine has bought there and i was considering about 3 years ago, just didn't believe all the BS and I was right. My mate would gladly walk away taking a £30k loss, but he can't even do that Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
masmith, that photo....priceless.

Bansko....I'm a convert!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd rather see the money go towards funding the expansion for a currently busting at the seams (and stupidly overpriced) Borovets.

No doubt this will spark another Brit property buying binge. Interesting to hear that people have lost money on property over there, I know people that have made a killing. the bubble has long since burst and I imagine may people just bought off plan in the frenzy rather than checking out what and where they were actually buying.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
narc,
The only people who have made a killing are the Bulgarian mafia who are running the place and MRI.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some seriously dodgy stuff does go on. For one apartment complex in Borovets built by one of the most reputable builders and opened by the mayor required half the final amount deposited into a swiss bank account Confused

There was also a day when the major hotels in the resort got cleaned out of rental skis overnight and the resort ground to a halt for a morning. Mafia making a point supposedly.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
narc, Not just ski resorts looking at todays news

Quote:

The European Commission has suspended EU aid to Bulgaria worth hundreds of millions of euros because of concerns about corruption and organised crime.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7520736.stm
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
WTF? Where did they find that chairlift? 1973?

Actually, on reflection, I suppose we should be grateful for any new chairlifts in Bulgaria. Borovets, for instance, is sadly lacking in this regard due to a mania for long pomas with steam catapult-style takeoffs (just ask my right shoulder how it feels about those).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy