Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

March 7-14th & 14-21st 2009 - LDA: Older or more cautious novices/improvers

Poster: A snowHead
Frosty the Snowman, Nick L, R32, thanks - we will! I am going to try to do a mobile phone updated blog at hp57-dot-blogspot-dot-com. Never done it before so it's a bit experimental, though I did manage some phone updates to it last night, so have a look from time to time and see if I have managed to add some more. No doubt you'll get some inside info from Easiski too. Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski wrote:

email going out later this evening to all. Very Happy

Just to let you know I've received nowt thus far and will be off-line from about now Cool Laughing NehNeh till I get back to my desk on 16th March! Sad

I hope the offending email contains nothing vital and look forward to you telling me whatever it was supposed to communicate in the Lutins bar tomorrow evening

See you all there snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Red Leon, I had the email! See you tomorrow evening!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Butterfly

Just seen your message for Easiski. Wondered if its possible to join the group heading off on the 14th March?

I notice the ski lessons are fully booked for level 3?

Is it possible to tag along and find lessons with a local agency - if so would there be a reduction in your price ??

Thanks

Richard
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rich286 Hi - could you contact Easiski direct please as she is dealing with lessons/accommodation and I am leaving here very early tomorrow morning. I am sure she will be able to find somewhere for you to stay and you can discuss your lesson needs and get her advice. See www.easiski.com for her email & phone no.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rich286, Replied to your email. Very Happy

BON VOYAGE EVERYONE
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Merci beaucoup Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Butterfly, Gloucester was fun, but really looking forward to seeing you again, skiing with you on the real thing, and talking cats.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Christine has just been down to visit, and is now in love with Ioda! rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, Who is Ioda?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Glacier, the cat
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx, thanks. I couldn't wait for the reply so did a search on the forums. I have two rescued moggies so I will probably fall in love with him as well.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Glacier, sorry I wasn't quick enough to reply in less than 3 minutes wink Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Everyone who should have arrived, has arrived. All a bit fraught getting rooms, and skis and apartments. apologies to Lizzard for phoning at such a late hour (couldn't think what else to do)! We're all looking forward to skiing tomorrow. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hope everyone has a fantastic time and that you all come back at the end of it with your own personal triumphs. Wishing you all great snow and blue skies. snowHead
snow conditions
Well that's day 1. Lovely weather, great snow and already talk of progress, challenges and fun ahead. Week 1 group met at Les Lutins for a drink and a chat after skiing and it was great to meet several other snowheads who are in L2A. Apparently some more snow is forecast later in the week so I am keeping my fingers crossed snowHead Cool
snow report
'Extras' were Lizzard, Mr.Lizzard, Swirly, gorilla Everyone did well today (even the non-snowheads!)
latest report
easiski, sounds great... love the sound of this... Cool
latest report
Great day! See hp57@blogspot.com for a photo.
snow conditions
Butterfly, is that link correct - it launches outlook for a mail message Puzzled
ski holidays
Megamum, In case Butterfly is painting the town red. Try www.hp57.blogspot.com
ski holidays
Glacier, thanks! I was tired -or something like that!!
ski holidays
Oh, its a blog!! Great Very Happy
snow conditions
Butterfly, enjoying your blog.
snow report
It's been cloudy and snowy again today so light has not been great but snow fantastic snowHead snowHead snowHead Should be great conditions for week two groups Cool .

We are hoping for the sun again tomorrow so we can fully enjoy the lovely fresh powder Very Happy
latest report
Butterfly, nice blog Smile We were in LDA last week (very much a last minute thing) & had a brilliant time, despite the poor vis etc. (character-building! We skied down the Diable one day in vis so poor that we were almost within touching distance of the red eggs lift station before we could see it... ). Oh, & the heated gloves worked wonderfully - hope yours are keeping you snuggly-warm as well Very Happy
Have a lovely holiday snowHead

Richard E wrote:
We are hoping for the sun again tomorrow so we can fully enjoy the lovely fresh powder Very Happy

Ah, sun, over-rated - enjoy it anyway Toofy Grin
(I'm just jealous! Wish I was back there now!)
ski holidays
All the girls and boys are doing very well, but have now seen themselves on video. Shocked
snow report
easiski, gut wrenching the first time I say myself on video skiing - but the experience slowly improved - though video has never shown me the skiing god I secretly know that I am wink Hope all are enjoying themselves.

[edit: just looked at Butterfly's blog - clearly a good time is being had Very Happy ]
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Funny - I've always been pleasantly surprised when I see myself on video. Apparently not the total duffer I know I am.

Glad everyone's having a good time! Brilliant idea, this trip, glad you all made it work
snow conditions
Hi all,

well, I am gutted. I fell whilst out running and have sufficient soft tissue injury to right thigh and hip to be told by GP that I can't ski or partake in any other similar activity for three weeks or so. I can't ignore medical advice, wouldn't be insured if I did and in any event I would be a downright liability to Easiski and my companions and that is not something I would do or would dream of imposing on them. I have emailed Easiski and my travelling companion as was. Even though it's not my fault I feel guilty and responsible for possibly affecting others and class sizes etc. and I am very sorry if I have. I have been following Butterfly's blog, am moreorless packed and had a hairdo and bit of a pamper session booked for tomorrow teatime to get me into a nice relaxed mood for the great week to come. Now I will be living it through the bottom of a bottle whilst hearing about you all via the computer. Have had a bloody good and lengthy crying session in true female mode and now feel a little better but not much. I should be able to get the money back through my insurers but that's not the point, that can't compensate for the loss of a great holiday and that's what's really hurting. Sad Crying or Very sad

Aneira
ski holidays
Aneira, so sorry to hear that Sad
latest report
Aneira, what a shame Sad
latest report
Aneira, Sad
latest report
Aneira, I know how you feel Crying or Very sad , illness forced me to cancel my only trip this year too. Just look forward to next year!

Butterfly, I hope that you are having a wonderful time and that everyone is improving in leaps and bounds! The amount of time and effort that you and easiski have put into these two weeks is admirable.
ski holidays
Aneira, sorry for you Sad
snow report
Aneira, I've repied to your email, and I'm soooooooooooooo sorry. Poor you. Sad

I promised to say on the forum that Butterfly was skiing quite fast today. (She really was, and so was Iscream Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Aneira, {{{{HUGS}}}} for you too
ski holidays
easiski, I was skiing REALLY fast yesterday.... 30-60 degree turns carving down even steep blueruns... started carving lessons on black runs but not there yet...
snow report
Butterfly, I have received your text and answered it. Will text you when I am on the bus. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
little tiger, Well done. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy