Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski resort style cable cars for London?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
London may get a network of cable cars over the Thames, according to reports today. London’s mayor, Boris Johnson, is considering ski resort style cable cars to carry commuters over the Thames. Eight river crossings are being proposed to help cope with developments in east London, such as the 2012 Olympics' sites.
Apparently, the cable cars would be a cheap alternative to conventional crossings, such as bridges, which would either need to be high or have hydraulic lifting systems to allow large boats to pass under them.
...Source: http://www.thelondonpaper.com/cs/Satellite/london/news/article/1157153341318?packedargs=suffix%3DArticleController
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They have been touting this in Dublin for a while! Think Dopplymayer are looking for new markets for their products
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mad Boris again. rolling eyes Has anyone told him it's the summer Olympics not the winter Olympics we are hosting. Laughing How about cable cars linking snow domes, now theres and idea, a couple of runs in each location, makes you think doesn't it. Smile wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Mad Boris again

I'll say. There are plenty of bridges already and it's easy enough to walk over them, or even cycle. It's only vehicles which have problems and they don't go in cable cars. Maybe we've missed a vital part of the argument. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I'll say. There are plenty of bridges already

Not down this end of London there aren't. The nearest foot crossing towards the south west from Canary Wharf is either Tower Bridge or the Greenwich Foot Tunnel (you'd be crazy to either walk or cycle through the Rotherhithe tunnel). On the east, you have to go all the way to the Woolwich foot tunnel. The ferry services are slow, infrequent and costly (£4 for Hilton Pier - Canary Wharf, all of 100m!). The Jubilee Line and the DLR are both way over capacity at rush hour.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sideshow_Bob, yup. Looks like a good idea to me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, I was watching Boris on the local London news a couple of weeks ago and they were talking about replacing the big bendy buses with the new 21st century route master and Boris's quote was a classic: "Of course it's going to be difficult to replace the bendy buses right away because of the volume of people they carry and they are especially needed when all the factories turn out at the end of there shift." I wonder what decade Boris is in, the 1970's. Factories I just don't believe it. Laughing May be this is the reasoning behind the cable cars. Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

when all the factories turn out at the end of there shift.

yes, it is a big problem. All those sweaty men from the steelworks in holey vests, and begrimed miners, trudging home with their canaries, from the aptly named Wharf.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
would a bridge not shift more people per hour?
it would also work when the powers out,

sounds more like another tourist thing for london,
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would prefer a funicular. We have not got one of those. Obviously it would not be for crossing the Thames.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
also they say it would have to be high if a bridge due to boats, but this would also be true for the cable car

i guess its quicker to build a cable crossing and so on paper the idea looks better, but with boris and his gang going on about "green" issues, a bridge that was people and bike friendly would be a better option

with the uks over the top thoughts on the threat we face from those that dislike the west, would a cable car station in a tall building ever get the green light????
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My vote would be for a draglift.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ray Zorro, a fast one, for water skiers.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

when all the factories turn out at the end of there shift.

yes, it is a big problem. All those sweaty men from the steelworks in holey vests, and begrimed miners, trudging home with their canaries, from the aptly named Wharf.

Oops? No manufacturers in London? Better tell these folk.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cool beans!
It's all very well saying a people and cycle bridge would be easier, but ANY bridge needs to be high for boats, cars or not on it!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy