Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach accomodation advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads,

We're a group of 2 families with kids, all of intermediate+ ski level. We're planning a 1 week trip for the next season (February) and we're considering trying an Austrian resort (never skied there).

We would like to stay in a big resort the whole week rather than jumping daily from resort to resort. Saalbach seems to have a suitable size for this, but we're open to consider alternatives (Lech, St. Anton, Isgchl ??).

For the accomodation, we're looking for self-catering ski-in/ski-out chalet/appartments, preferably with some relaxation area (sauna, indoor pool).

Do you have any suggestions ?

Best regards,
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Carlos_L, others might disagree but i would have thought ski-in ski-out would by quite limited in Saalbach. You may find some that are ski-in but with the town sitting down at about 1,000m it might be more of an issue. There are certainly no slopes below the town. I guess a number of select chalets and hotels might sit a little up the valley sides to give you your ski-out. Also, getting from one side of the valley to the other requires some walking too. Other than that, there is plenty of skiing to be had for a range of abilities and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Carlos_L, Carlos there there are not many places in the village you can ski right in and out of but there are some where you can ski and walk about 20 feet to your hotel/chalet. The panther hotel is pretty good and so is the nehaus I think they both have apartment type arangmets. Enjoy the holiday
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a lot of accommodation in Saalbach that is ski to very close to the back door and then lift straight out in the morning. Most of the hotels on the main street also have some apartments as well. It's not a big village so nobody has to walk very far to the lifts unless they are out of the village itself.

Ischgl is great, much bigger, and quite a lot more expensive. Either resort would suit your group though.

D
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Carlos_L, We went to Saalbach last March and loved it. We stayed in a Hotel on the outskirts of town and really enjoyed it. Don't discount Hinterglem, we really liked the town too. You could try here and we did find another site from which we booked but I can't find it right now. http://www.saalbach.com/Search-Accomodation.805.0.html?&L=1
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Carlos_L,

It's Austria and they focus on hotels. The 4*'s are good value for money. Stayed at the Christanna at the top of the village..and as said, nothing is too far from the main drag and the slopes. 5 mins walk if that, IIRC. A 4 star hotel will likely have a Wellness centre which will include a suana amd probably a pool.

Great family visit, IMV. Austria is different to other countries, it is an all-round experience, sun-bars and oopah bands straight of the slopes...

Can't help on the SC side, it isn't a concept promoted in the UK much for Austria, IMV
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy