Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trains to Serre Chevalier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if there are rail links between the airports and Briancon, including Turin? any information on costs and train times would be appreciated. Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Turin - Oulx, bus to Briancon.

in fact, anywhere to Oulx, as this is the TGV line. Do not attempt to get a train to Briancon, as you will still be en route when it comes time to go home.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andyjc, .. apparently twice daily service from Lyon airport to Serre Chevalier and Briancon for next season.

SATOBUS Alpes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andyjc, you can get also an overnight sleeper to Briancon from Paris too. If you book early enough it is about 60 euros return in second class. Train from turin does not run from the airport though, I think you have to go to the city centre first.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You need to get a taxi or a bus to get to central Turin from the airport. This is so you can get a train from Porta Nouva (train station). Never tried it before personally.

It is possible, but it requires quite a bit of travelling and linking up of transport. If you're delayed in traffic/at the airport/train station it can be very problematic and stressful.

Once you've arrived in Briancon, it will require the ski bus to get you to which village you're staying in the valley.

A hire car is the easiest way and thats we're taking this year. Quick motorway and an mountain pass, which is consistantly kept open.

These are the bus times from Oulx station to Briancon. It also includes the fares. You'll need to go on http://www.raileurope.co.uk/ to get both fares and times for the train between Turin and Oulx. From memorey when I researched it in the past it wasn''t an expensive train journey regardless of whether using TGV or local Italian services.

The alternative is to get eurostar and change in Paris and get the TGV to Oulx. The eurostar is hurrendously expensive though in peak periods.

I hope that is helpful. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy