Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys Express (Orelle- Val Thorens link)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
alti - dude wrote:
The key thing is that it is very rare for the lift to be closed - it happens a few days a year and you might just be unlucky like you can be at any resort. The days it is closed are normally really windy days when most of VT is closed anyway so it's not as though you miss much - they don't close it without good reason. The worst I've known it was when it was closed for 2 days. I've not had it closed at Easter in the 2 years I've been going out there.

Right now they are putting in place a new 6 man lift that will take you from the bottom the Orelle ski runs back to the top for the return into VT. The main reason they are doing it is to reduce the closures as frankly otherwise there was nothing wrong with the old one !

Are you talking about the Roseal chair here, if so I can see why you'd wonder about a replacement, I've never seen a queue there for the 4 man .... will it run closer to the ground and cliffs to reduce wind problems?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mr Alti-dude !
That just can't be possible - you must have been so cream-crackered you were halucinating. Shock)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can anyone help with accomodation advice at Orelle ? I don't want to stay at Hameau des Eaux, but I do want to be close to the cable car - and most of the accomodation I'm seeing is between 1-3 km from the cable car. Orelle.net doesn't have a great selection, and their maps don't work (on the web site). Any of you guys got a 4-berth flat you'd like to loan me at Easter (a week from 3rd April).
Thx
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hodgie, how about looking through these Puzzled
http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/search/keywords:Orelle
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Kel, there is an easy blue which may, or may not Embarassed be called Niverolles. Problem is you have to go round the back of the Grand Fond lift and it is a bit of an uphill slog.

I just looked at the latest official 2009 piste map, and that blue appears to be no more.

http://www.valthorens.com/pdf/plan-pistes-val-thorens-bd-pdf.pdf
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ringingmaster wrote:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Kel, there is an easy blue which may, or may not Embarassed be called Niverolles. Problem is you have to go round the back of the Grand Fond lift and it is a bit of an uphill slog.

I just looked at the latest official 2009 piste map, and that blue appears to be no more.

http://www.valthorens.com/pdf/plan-pistes-val-thorens-bd-pdf.pdf

It is when you blow it up a bit look just to the left of the top of the Grand Fond
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just a quick update on the Orelle Valley - the new Rosael lift is a great improvement as it's been open in all weather this year and it has been a bit windy on a couple of days - there had been a few closures over the last couple of years but the new one is much more stable.

One major advance is that they have now put a blue run in going over the top from Orelle into VT - before you were faced with a 10 minute (slightly uphill) walk or a steep red. Now you are straight out of the new lift onto the new blue and you don't need to walk round the back of the Grand Fond.

For any learners going to stay in Val T, the in resort area looks really good with the covered moving walkways working well.

Plently of good snow around.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Rosael lift is a great improvement as it's been open in all weather

Agreed, fast and was glad it stayed open in quite severe conditions!

Quote:

For any learners going to stay in Val T, the in resort area looks really good with the covered moving walkways working well.

Great idea, but they were having a few teething problems last week, and the corrective work on the top double one seemed to have made it worse rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
alti - dude,
That blue doesn't appear to be on the new piste map. Is it a real blue or have they just renamed the old red.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jimmjimm, I think it's chamois which is a blue now, it crosses over and to the right of variante
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It is a new run - not a big one but just cuts out what used to be a narrow, steep in places and normally icy red. It is on the new piste map . . . . and you can see the difference between this year's and last.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
alti - dude, Is this new blue on any of the online piste maps? The ones I have seen are no different to last years.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BMF - the online map is still last year's. The printed ones I've picked up from Orelle are different. Most importantly, the Piste itself is different !!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy