Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another "what board/bindings to buy" thread... please help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I think I’m ready to buy my first board, but there’s so much out there, am finding it really difficult to choose a board!

I know this is mainly a skiers forum, but there are still some very knowledgable snowboarders here!

So here are the facts: I’ve done 2 weeks abroad, and a couple of times at the snowdome – will be going more often. Am 5’8”, 12 stone, 75kg. Started off thinking that I’d only do piste riding, then venturing off-piste, but am now also interested in learning some tricks on the flat stuff, buttering? Kickers? I’ve only done pistes so far.

So looking for a board that I can progress on and take me to the next level, but at the same time, forgiving for when I’m tired, and just want to take it easy!

An instructor in Tignes (Simon – Alliance) suggested I should get a 155 twin tip freestyle board, and I’ve been using this as my starting point, it’s the surest thing anyone has said to me.

So my list so far is this:

Ride Society 154
Rome Anthem
K2 Zeppelin
O-matic Awesome
Stepchild Corporate
Burton Blunt

If this is a diverse list its because I know nothing about boards! It’s a combination of what info I’ve found on forums etc, and the assistant at TSA (Cas)!

Any of these perfect for me? Or can anyone suggest something else? Bindings suggestions welcome too!

I wish someone would pick a board, and say this is for me! I know its not as simple as that, but any help or advice is much appreciated!!

Cheers, Si
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is the board for you then:

http://www.priorsnowboards.com/boards_amf.php#

Will beat the crap out of most chinese made boards
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I ride the K2 Titan and although its only been to the snow dome so far (only got it a couple of months ago) I am really impressed with it (I mainly do kickers and rails at the dome but will do a bit of everything when in the mountains). The 07/08 Titan is essentially the same board as the Zeppelin only wider, so on that basis I would heartily recommend it. Plus, there's some big end of season bargains to be had at the moment.

The best bit of advice I got when looking for a board was "try a few out". You can do this at the TSA store at Cas and it's really worth while because at the end of the day people can recommend anything to you, but it is you that has got to ride it so you need to feel comfortable on it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hodude, 155cm sounds about right for a freestyle board for someone your size if you want to go off piste you'll want somthing a bit longer: 159 ish. I've heard good things about the first three boards on your list, especially the Rome,not heard of the next two and personally I don't like Burton that much. Will they let you have a demo at Cas that would be your best bet.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hodude, Don't know anything about the last 3 , but you won't go wrong with either the Rome or Ride. K2 is a good brand too but don't know anyone who has rode one.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IMO ride is a waste of time, saw one in the winter in the shop with 7 splits in the edges, never seen a ride board last well.
Starting on a twin tip is alright as most beginners havent a scooby about which way they ride, goofy or regular, although when you get up to straight line gunning it I find the twin tip wants to overtake itself, not really a problem but it can bite you on the ass sometimes. I just went back to a true twin tip from a directional twin, if directional twin makes any sense, for me it doesnt.

Love burton or hate them, unless you have a specific need then the custom is the board to get, but get it next year with the new neon graphics and EST Smile
For the record I've never bought myself burton, I'm 3 seasons with nitro now, 1 with santa cruz and sadly my 1st season was with salomon so dont think I'm some kind of burton whore.

Quote:

So looking for a board that I can progress on and take me to the next level, but at the same time, forgiving for when I’m tired, and just want to take it easy!

Custom Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy