Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best resort for group of mixed ability skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Kel, absolutely agreed about the dog sh*t! I have also never seen so much dog excrement in a ski resort as in Chamonix (well Argentiere to be precise). Absolutely disgusting. There is so much there for some reason particularly on the lane that goes up from the bridge over the stream opposite Les Grands Montets, so much so that you can see where people have accidentally slipped in it! They ought to clamp down on owners letting their dogs poo anywhere they want in my view.

wallacei, 3V seems to be the favourite for your situation. Try the others another year. I'm certain you won't be disappointed with the 3V. Good luck.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Didn't wallacei say that they would most likely fly into Salzburg or Zurich? Recommendations for any French resort seem to miss the mark a bit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
VolklAttivaS5, Your spot on, I have lived in Cham and Argentiere, at least in Argentiere the stuff stays frozen for longer, I dont know whats in French dog food but it comes out bright orange.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
wallacei wrote:

We are planning to go for the new years week, 28th Dec. I have never skied that early, and I didn't realize how peak season it was! The flights to Salzburg are expensive...Zurich is a bit cheaper. I am not sure if it is just too early to book the flights yet..

I just thought wallacei was commenting on the cost of the flights to those two destinations? Unless wallacei thinks that you have to use Salzburg/Zurich as the gateway airports to get to some of the resorts suggested? Hope not!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jbob, they need to have penalties on the dog owners for letting their dogs do it and not cleaning up afterwards (not sure if they have penalties now but they're not strict enough). These days in the UK if you let your dog sh*t everywhere in a public place then you will more than likely end up with the turds through your letterbox! Toofy Grin Good enough for them I say but that's another thread hey! wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Atomic_Mick1970,

You can do that... and it is entirely your choice. That cuts down quite a few places you'll contemplate skiing but I guess you have to draw the line somewhere.

rolling eyes Shocked Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all the great suggestions! I think our ideal situation would be a large interconnected resort (like the 3V) with nice ski in (or close to it, would prefer not to have to face the crowded bus situation) accommodation. I have flashbacks to my first ski trip to Sol where I had to walk for 20 minutes in my ski boots carrying my big heavy skis! Would prefer not to have to do that again Smile
I have skied in the 3V before and I was blown away by how big it all was, I might try to convince people it is worth the extra cost....I found eating out very expensive there. We enjoyed our half board experience in Zell am See last year.

We are going to look into the following week, as the prices are much cheaper then. I think the cost of flights will probably determine location...

Thanks again for all the advice,
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zorro wrote:
wallacei, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I have yet to see David@traxvax, recommend any resort other than La Rosiere as the answer to any and every request, but then he has commercial interests there so it is not surprising!

For the best skiing in Europe, you could consider Chamonix, St Anton, Zermatt, 3 valleys, Tignes/Val d'Isere among others. They would probably not all suit the extremes of your group and they are some of the more expensive resorts.

As a generalisation, I have found Austria to be cheaper than France - it is also probably the best apres-ski in Europe.

thought I saw Chalet mouflon for sale on chaletsdirect
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT wrote:
Val D Isere.. world class resort and a very good choice for the group, IMV, covers everything, but might be costly at NY..
Fly to Geneva

I think Tignes might be a better base than Val d'Isere with there being several second weekers in the group. It's also a little bit cheaper, though not quite as nice a place to stay.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dan100, certainly is:
http://www.chaletsdirect.com/forsale/tracks_vacations_1639.htm
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wallacei,

We - a very mixed ability group - ski every year in December and my favourite is Tignes/Val Big Hair. The snow is reliable , wide variety of on and off piste and imho cheaper than 3V ( which is my 2nd favourite ). Our experience of the ski schools there has been good too.

We usually go as a group of 3 or 4 families so we need to keep the kids interested in what can be extreme cold - there are sufficient fun runs ( gulleys etc ) and also sunny slopes to keep them going.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque wrote:
dan100, certainly is:
http://www.chaletsdirect.com/forsale/tracks_vacations_1639.htm

Is it normal to be pimping/offering a chalet that is up for sale Puzzled
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin, who owns the said chalet then? I guess as long as it's not dan100 or masque then it could hardly be described as pimping?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ski-finder, see the second post in this thread Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin, ah I see, but it wasn't David@traxvax that posted the above link, which confused me...
ski holidays
Masque pimping for Trax. Now that's not something you'll see everyday on snowHeads! Wink
ski holidays
Back on thread, I am also after a resort for a mixed ability group... we're looking to drive down, so I wouldn't want to go too far down... as a group we really enjoyed Avoriaz in terms of locations (right up a mountain) and the choice of pistes was great. Any recommendations along those lines?

I really should add driving times to my site, as it's proving a blunt tool for me this year! rolling eyes
latest report
Quote:

Is it normal to be pimping/offering a chalet that is up for sale

pimping spelt "schadenfreude"....? rolling eyes
snow report
pam w, Not at all Smile I have not had or currently have any involvement in La Rosiere Trax Vacs or Chalet Mouflon for sale or the busines currently operating from there being for sale.

Quote:
The chalet is currently used for ski/snowboard holidays and the business can be purchased alongside the chalet.
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
pam w, Not at all Smile I have not had or currently have any involvement in La Rosiere Trax Vacs or Chalet Mouflon for sale or the busines currently operating from there being for sale.

Quote:
The chalet is currently used for ski/snowboard holidays and the business can be purchased alongside the chalet.

And of course, with the good will . . . .
snow report
Masque, which with the exception of a certain debtor is considerable.
latest report
Val Thorens.

Or Courchevel 1850.
ski holidays
David@traxvax, not necessarily wink we live in interesting times.
snow conditions
I've no interest in either mouflon or the back biting above. Just noted that Chalet mouflon up for sale. David -are you moving on or another venture
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy