Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bjkbuyhv

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
pam w wrote:
"Learn to ski in a day" in a Snowdome costs almost £200, plus petrol.

???
I'm taking a couple to Tamworth later this month/early next, £75 for the day - same for wifey and me for the 'improver' day that we'll be doing at the same time.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
youspurs1, that's a great deal - it's a lot more in the winter. I suppose the Snowdome must get takers for their massive prices.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads

The snowslope visit thing is a must, if only to whet your whistle and make you feel like a million dollars when you finally arrive and set foot on a REAL slope of REAL snow Smile

First thing i ever did before my initial boarding trip to La Plagne was find the resort website, get psyched up by pawing over the piste map and keep my eye on the webcams and the snow forecasts. It'll all be totally amazing when you arrive on the snow and you'll be like dog with two d*cks (not literally of course) because you'll be so spoilt for choice. Just choose a nice run that you feel comfortable with and work from there.

Clothing-wise I'd say most on here will say Tk Maxx is the best bet, although if you can get to somewhere like The Snowboard Asylum at one of the slopes, they're doing 50% off most stuff at the moment - picked up a £180 burton jacket for my birthday the other week for just £90... bargain! Quality gear is a must but you needn't pay the earth for it. Ebay is also good but you lack the ability to try it on. TK is awesome.

Other than that, find out what's about in the resort for food, extra activities etc. Also, work out what kind of lift pass you want if there's more than one option. I went for the local area pass in La Plagne (approx 200km of runs) but never managed even half so would have wasted £40 if I'd gone for the massive full pass.

Just enjoy it, don't worry and get that practice in to help you get the most out oif your holiday Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy