Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any recommendations for companies who offer ski hosting?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
VolklAttivaS5, Thanks for the link you posted re the SCGB reps, I have reposted part of what I said there as I agree, that is a better place to discuss this topic and I had not read that post before. Reading what you have just posted, I think we are not so different in our views about what happended last season. Like anywhere, I agree it just depends on the people at the time.

Beverley, Perhaps an even better option for getting Off piste guiding and instruction without paying to much would be to go directly to the Guides Office, in the resort and take a guide from them. Most of the guides we have used are both High Mountain Guides and ski instructors so not only do they take you out for a great day, but also teach you at the same time. The group I ski with always takes one that speaks good English and that has never been a problem either. Most resorts have a guides office as part of the tourist office set up. Just look on the resorts web site. Going direct like this has saved us money in the past.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jasonc, thanks for your post, very sensible about reposting it on the other thread.

I expect you'll get all sorts of replies about whether folk have experienced a difference or not. Interesting to see what snowball said on the first page of this current thread about a Rep friend of his thinking of giving up the Repping service as he feels more restricted about where he can ski with clients, so it seems that there are views about this on both sides of the fence, it's a shame either way if people feel that they have experienced a difference in enjoyment be it Rep or client. Good that you don't seem to have been affected though.

Just a thought though, it might be better to edit your post and take out the "being ripped off by paying 50 Euros" bit, because the people reading the other thread might wonder who you are referring to on that score and be a bit confused. Come to mention it, I hadn't ever paid for a guide before because I'd done all my off piste skiing pretty much with BASI ISTD's so didn't need a guide in those circumstances naturally, so I didn't know what the "going rate" was when it comes to guides.

Once we had been out for the morning with the Top Ski guide (after not really being able to drop out as I mentioned earlier on) I did think "Cor that wasn't worth 50 Euros, I was expecting a bit more of an experience than that" but perhaps I was setting my sights too high at the start. To be fair though, the guide won't know how to pace the group and where to ski until you get out and start skiing because people often underestimate or overestimate their ability which isn't the guide's fault and so to an extent he has to decide where to ski as he's going along and set it for the weakest member in the group.

I think I would try it again (by going to a guide independently as you suggest not through the SCGB where I can take my own group of friends so we know what ability we are to start with instead of pot luck). Sounds good if you get the right group together of similar ability and a good guide.

Useful to Beverley now though but I've heard Alpine Experience are good, I think someone has mentioned them on this thread for a possible option for Beverley. Have you skied with them before and were they good?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A big bump for this I know. I am looking for a company that offers ski hosting in Austria, not sure where as I have never been.

My last 6 ski trips have been with Colletts to the Dolomites and I quite like the set up. It would be a crazy statement to say we are bored of the area, but we just want a change and as the clock is ticking I need to try Austria. I am looking for something on the same lines as what Colletts offer just in a different area. Recommendations anyone.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kel, not many companies but lots of us locals join up with visiting snowHeads. There are plenty of us around as well! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Club Med group 4 off-piste guided OK your majority group members will be French and 3A technical on piste/some off
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cynic, apart from the fact they don't have a ClubMed in the Austrian Alps.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hells Bells wrote:
Cynic, apart from the fact they don't have a ClubMed in the Austrian Alps.

That's what I thought but didn't get round to looking. Actually what I am looking for is not what cynic describes, just want to join a group and have someone to take us cruising between hot chocolate stops.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kel, then meeting up with other SnowHeads would be ideal. If it is for next season, we'll have a meet up thread nearer the time.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kel, Staffler Hotel in Niederau. They guide all over SkiWelt, Kitzbuhel and the Wildschonau/Alpbach. They minibus you to best areas and the guys are v good skiers. Check out their Trip Advisor comments. Hotel isn't all that but the hospitality is tops.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller, looks like I'm gonna get stafflered. Cheers looks great.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kel, when you going?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller, sent an enquiry re Xmas/new year. Going back to Corvara in a couple of weeks, kind of wish I was going here instead.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy