Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno or Cervinia - which would you choose?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Livigno for nightlife and cheapish but PITA transfer and it's effectively two ski areas. Cervinia for blue/red skiing and it's the sunny side of the Matterhorn. Cricial Zermatt lifts are a complete scrum so head back in plenty of time if you go over.

I've been to both, I'd choose Cervinia.

I've also been to Zermatt which is great (and pricier but not ludicrous) but there are definite pinch point lifts.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In order of preferance, Cervinia, Soldeu and a long way at the bottom Livigno!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nickski wrote:
Cricial Zermatt lifts are a complete scrum so head back in plenty of time if you go over.

and don't, for heavens sake, do what my mate did and miss the last cable up. He avoided a €gazzillion cab ride back to Cervinia by hitching a ride on a very accommodating (but still extremely grumpy) lifties snow-mobile, followed by a top to bottom slide on deserted pistes with a dodgy knee in near total darkness.

The berk.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
amanda.bench wrote:
Hi, I've been to all 3 resorts so hope this helps.....

Cervinia - Def a village not a town, great apres ski lovely restaurants, plenty of snow, nightmare trek across town to get back up the mountain, v old lifts.....

How long since you were last in Cervinia?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mollerski, I thougth the same. Dont think she has been to Soldeu recently also! As it is now no cheaper than other resorts! And as far as I know EVERY resort puts on a good show for Xmas and New year! But she is new on the site and was cutting her some slack!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, have worked in Cervinia last two years
- Agree about the wind, can be bitterly cold and link to Zermatt often closed.
- Pretty snowsure
- Some good restaurants in town , my fave La Grivola at end of high street
- Short transfer time from Turin (approx 1 hr 30 mins by car)
- Ski door to door, new chair above village last year has allowed easy access across to plan maison where most runs start from, so dont agree about the 'nightmare trek across town'
- Few queues, I found very quiet both at Xmas and new year
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Guyrhofen, I agree, but it was her first post. So did not want to jump down her throat.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does anyone know what lifts will be open at Cervinia/Zermatt this weekend? They are opening the system for the winter season, but there's not enough snow for anything other than the glacier.

Skied in Zermatt a few years back, but as I was with my beginner wife, I didn't venture onto the glacier.

I'll be staying in Cervinia istelf, driving up from Milan.

I assume it's a short run down from top of Cervinia lift system onto the Rosa Glacier and there'll be about 3 or 4 runs open? Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skied from the top down to Cervinia this afternoon. Very pleasant run.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy