Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

swiss 4 valleys

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Thinking of getting a catered chalet in Nendaz. Can anyone tell me any info about this area:

How long to get across to Verbier?
What is the terrain like?
We are going in feb half term... Is this place renown for queueing?
Not a huge fan of T bar lifts. Is it true this place is over run by them????

Any other info would also be fab.

Cheers Folks

PS. I snowboard.... Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AlpineAddict, Try this thread. There have been others too if you do a search on Nendaz.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AlpineAddict,

Long time since I have been there and I didn't make it this year either despite good plans... Sad

But Nendaz should be quite well placed to get upto Tortin and Mont Fort which is where a lot of skiers gravitate to, IMV...
If you can make good ground on skis then you should be able to get around the area quite well...the bottle neck ..off the top of my head..seems to be Siviez and up and over Greppon. I can't recall...without a map..if you need to do this for Nendaz but it doesn't sound too bad a place to stay. The real buzz of the valley would be Verbier itself IMV..but I am sure others here can fill in the gaps and make a case for Nendaz well enough.

My thinking and viewpoint was based around staying in Les Collons... on the other side of the hill, IIRC
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AlpineAddict, I'm also a boarder & whilst it's a few years since I've been there, I don't remember there being too many drag lifts. I didn't get as far as Les Collons though, which I do believe is mainly drags.

IIRC Nendaz doesn't have the best access to Verbier. I would prefer La Tzoumaz if not staying in Verbier itself.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
many thanks folks for the advice. looks like our chalet that we had on hold has now gone so back to the drawing board.... Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy