Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

March 09: 2 Weeks-2 Centre: Italy/Austria and Romania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone

We are trying to sort out our holidays for next season. We already know we want to go to the Dolomites and have pencilled in that for Christmas week.

In order to squeeze in a second ski week and a trip to MrRibena's homeland, Romania, we are trying to somehow combine the two on a DIY trip in the first 2 weeks of March 09. The main restrictions are caused by the desire to fly into one of the airports near MrRibena's hometown to maximise time with MrR's family. We figure:

Week 1: Fly from Dublin to somewhere mountainous and ski for a Week. Yipee. Hopefully somewhere we can get simple, cheap, quick transfers to ski area that doesn't involve car hire as we will probably be renting a car in the second week and we are trying to keep a lid on costs.

Week 2: Fly as close as possible to MrR's hometown. Best options are so far:
Bergamo, Italy --> Cluj-Napoca, Romania OR
Vienna, Austria --> Iasi, Romania OR
Munich, Germany --> Cluj-Napoca, Romania

Then with the aid of trains, planes and automobiles, hopefully squeeze a day or so skiing in Romania (Poiana Brasov or Sinaia etc) and fly Bucharest --> Dublin

So basically, I'm wondering what the best place to ski from is: Bergamo or Vienna. If it's Bergamo and the Dolomites, then I'll be changing my Christmas week plans.

I know its a bit of a wildcard but any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received Smile

Thanks a mil
Rebecca
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy