Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Orelles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been?

Billed as the gateway to the 3V I was curious to see what it was like.

I'm presuming its a tiny village off the highway without much to do in the evening. I would expect it to be reasonably cheap and mainly a weekend place?

Also, any idea on driving time from Turin - about 1.45 i think.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
simski81,
I have accessed the area via Orelle whilst staying elsewhere in the valley but not stayed there.
It's probably used more by trippers than as a place to stay.
Bottom of a steep sided valley so dark in midwitnter I would imagine. Quite a hike to get over to Val Thorens though. Once you are up the access gondola Orelle's own skiing is quite good. I would guess you are about right with the driving time from Turin maybe a bit quicker in good traffic.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
simski81, If you want to stay over that side of the mountains you'd be better off staying elsewhere. I haven't stayed in Orelle but it is pretty tiny, clustered at the bottom of a cliff with very little to do. St Jean de Maurienne is a relatively large town about 15 to 20 minutes drive from the Orelle bubble and, whilst it doesn't have frantic apres, is quite a nice place to stay....you can explore the other stations of the Maurienne as well. You just need to be aware that if the weather is horrid then the bubble won't run...but they do offer a guarantee, if they let you up on the bubble then they'll get you back home even if the lift closes for bad weather. Mind you, they do seem to run it come what may....we had a rather exciting ride back down one day, swinging all over the place.

ViaMichelin says 1:23 from Turin via the Frejus Tunnel.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
def a place to acces the 3Vs while staying at another resort in maurriene valley, we always go for a day out when staying in Valloire, dont think I would do a holiday there, bit of a depressing place, best stick to a dat trip from somewhere else
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've stopped in St Jean de Maurienne, it's quite a nice little town. Stayed in the Dorhotel which is OK. Didn't make Orelles though went up to St Sorlin D'Arves for the week.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stopped off there a few years ago, just for a day. Not a place to stay for a week.
After a vlong bubble ride, ski-ing rather limited, unless to go over to Val Thorens. You cannot ski back down to Orelle village, bubble return only.
If you are at another Maurienne valley resort, then as an access point for a trip over to VT it's OK. Please remember, bad weather can close lifts on both sides.
On my trip there were horrendous queues for the Frejus tunnel.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Super hotel in St Jean de Maurienne is hotel du nord. Rooms are typical french 2 star about 50 odd euros a night for the room, the cellar restaurant is fantastic, and very good value.

http://www.hoteldunord.net/

From st jean you can get to les karellis which has interesting skiing as a day out.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy