Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milton Keynes skier seeks gold for Ghana at 2006 Winter Olympics

Poster: A snowHead
By the way, there's a article on Kwame in the latest edition of Ski Racing (complete with a photo of Kwame by yours truly Very Happy). Not sure if you can access it on line though (issue 6). Article called "EYE ON TORINO Ghana’s ski team is a one-man show"..
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Back racing in Italy (Bormio), Kwame unfortunately didn't complete his second run in Monday's GS. Back up and running on Tuesday night, same resort, a respectable first run down was followed by some problems second time down. He finished, but still remains some way off the level needed to qualify on merit for the Olympics.

Results here.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hello guys

i am still alive, just gopt a bit of breathing space after the christmas celebrations, not that i had a chance to celebrate much.

merry belated christmas and a fantastic new year to all snowheads.

still off the mark, but havent given up. i know i can do it, but i just have to make it happen, and soon. its all down to me now, so i am putting my trust in GOD to help me get the so called impossible 140 points. PG is always looking out for me, so if i do not drop a quick message, PG is the man. PG thanks for keeping up with my performance, and telling it how it is. i have definately improved in skiing but it is still a matter of me working on my mind. i am constantly thinking of points and just cant let my skis go for fear of crashing out. but it is going to take me skiing like i have nothing to loose, so help me GOD.

welll guys tommorrow is another training day for me, and i will be racing on the 7th in the Suditrol region of Italy. I pray that it all goes well and i make some impact on my current point situation.

speak to you all soon

the leopard Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kwame,

Good luck mate. Don't put to much pressure on yourself, relax and the speed comes.

BTW, Can you not get a few slalom races in? sure you could find 140 points there. You seemed to be pretty close to that level of racing on the short indoor races this year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good luck on the 7th then Kwamé, fingers crossed we'll see you at the Olympics
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Keep smiling Kwame. It's at least as much about your courage and staying power in taking on the challenge as deadlines and targets, and as paulhothersall says, just relax, find that little bit of extra inspiration, and ski...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good Luck for the 7th Kwame, fingers crossed for you Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowleopard, all the best for the next few weeks...will remember to keep praying for you.

I saw the tail end of a clip on Sky Sports News the other day that implied that you had sorted out your sponsorship issue?? If so, then that's good news. snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowleopard, good luck snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just like to echo those good luck sentiments snowleopard.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowleopard, keep it up!!!

If you're around the Sauze/Sestriere area the week before the olympics let us know!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hello people

some good news at last, smashed off 43 points, down to 212. bad news is i still need to find some 72 points twice as everything is calculated by working out averages. i am going for my next 3 races from friday and need to come through with the goods. i am no longer the slowest racer at races and it makes me smile after all the gloom of ending up bottom of the list after every race.

hhmmmm i need mental strength more than physical now, and it makes me really happy to know i have got people supporting me. when is the next snowheads race, cause i will love to attend in order to meet you guys. met 2 snowheads so far.

well it is back to the training piste tommorrow, and racing for 3 days.

remember guys there is nothing like a black, blue or red slope etc, they are all white, ski fast always

leopard is out Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowleopard, all the best for the weekend!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowleopard, good luck! Sounds like you are making real progress snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hello Ian

making progress yes, but not at the speed i would wish. will let you know how the next races go
snow conditions
snowleopard, you've done amazingly well to have got so low as you have in such a short time. We're all right behind you.

Do you have a website where we can keep up to date with things?
ski holidays
snowleopard's website is at:

www.ghanaskiteam.com
ski holidays
May your God go with you, as the late Dave Allen ...

... used to say!
snow report
snowleopard, Good luck for your next few races - I love your theory about all slopes being white - I must repeat it to myself the next time that I am standing at the top of a scary black run snowHead
ski holidays
hello bev

scary black, what black. take every piste in blocks, wherever you are on a piste aint steep. thats how i race. i dont think of the fall from start to finish, but take blocks between gates. so when i am in a race between gates becomes slow, and before i know it i am at the finish.

thanks guys for the words of support
snow report
Well done snowleopard for your further improvements - keep the belief and good luck this weekend.
latest report
snowleopard, impressive improvement, best of luck snowHead
snow report
Article on snowleopard in Sports Illustrated today - syndicated from AP so it should get a bit more exposure too. They've shrunk the size of Xscape to "fifty feet" though!
ski holidays
Unfortunately it seems as if Kwame fell just short of the required FIS points for Olympic qualification. Nevertheless he has made impressive progress, and I don't doubt he has earned the respect of many people.

http://www.miltonkeynestoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=415&ArticleID=1326598
ski holidays
hello amigos

the leopard here. i regret to inform all loyal snowheads that i fell short of the mark by 74 points.

i am gutted that we could not have the special party to see PG eat his hat, PG you are a lucky man. but i am happy that along the way i have had the opportunity to meet nice people such as PG and other snowheads. it has been a roller coaster ride which seems to be gathering speed.

the leopard is not finished yet, i still have a lot of ski racing in me, and i am going to attack piste after piste till i have reduced the points to next to nothing.

i wish to thank you all for the wonderful support, dont stop till i stop racing.

by the way see some of you at the olympics, keep your eyes opened you might be suprised Cool

leopard out for the day
snow report
snowleopard, Wonderful ! All with a smile makes it so much more enjoyable ... Is there no chance of a wild card ? What happened over the last month ... successes and less so ?

Shame about PG not having to eat his beret , would have been (nearly) as much fun as watching you compete !

Future plans? EOSB maybe ?
ski holidays
snowleopard, so near and yet so far, well done on getting this far anyway, a remarkable acheivement.
ski holidays
snowleopard, good luck! I'll save the hat for later wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here's another report on Kwame a.k.a. Snow Leopard's achievements and disappointments to date, from ANSA.it.
Quote:
The 30-year-old Ghanaian, nicknamed the Snow Leopard, was adopted by the Dolomites community of Pampeago which backed his bid to the hilt .

Quote:
Now, although he says he doesn't like the cold too much, he plans to stay among the affectionate citizens of Pampeago as he prepares his campaign for Are.[World Ski Championships 2007]

What's Italian for Snow Leopard?
Good luck, Kwame!
snow report
snowleopard, good luck for the future - sounds like you've made a pretty solid start!
latest report
snowleopard, well done on all you have achieved while pursuing your dream. The only real failure would have been not trying at all ... All the best for the future plans.
latest report
Hey guys

i you trying to make me cry, soo much love from you is too much. its nice to be a snowhead. i am still here and have given people a lot to think about. i hope i have touched some lives.

lots of stuff coming up though. what do you guys think of the first African Ski Cup hmmmm

i need to find out what the qualification mark is for the World Champs, because i need something to aim for and the world champs is just round the corner.

also the world cup seems tasty, though i know it will not be soon i have developed a liking for the near impossible, and would like to pop my head on the world cup circuit, first snowhead in world cup (history my friends has to be made)

who is going to be at the games let me know. you can spot me by looking out for a funky new Ski jacket, exclusive to the snowleopard, its made from ghanaian fabric.

will send you guys some pictures

PG got to speak to you soon, just have to find your number, still thinking about some of your ideas to help skiers, young ones though, we old ones will soon be put out to pasture
hehehehhehehhee

guys the leopard is going to take a rest, cause there is still training to be done, need to be ready to attack slopes soon

snowleopard out wink
ski holidays
>first snowhead in world cup

Good luck trying for it, but remember that Martin Bell was a pretty useful world cup racer and does pop in from time to time - first person to do both at once though would be great
latest report
best of luck mate! We're all behind you!!
snow conditions
hello people

see some of you this weekend in Torino

ciao Laughing
ski holidays
Kwame reveals to CNN that he plans an African Ski Championships for 2007 ... in his adoptive ski resort of Val Di Fiemme:
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/africa/02/14/skiing.kwame/
Quote:
This means persuading a number of African countries to invest in what at first glance seems an alien sport. "It won't appeal to everyone," Kwame agrees. "But my idea is to get European countries twinned with African nations. It would help international relations and get people who don't stand a chance of improving their lives back home to show what they can do with a bit of encouragement."
snow report
hello guys

i am doing fine, and still training. just read the article on cnn. how are all you guys doing. skiing is good here. now that the pressure is off a bit, i am going to try and improve my slalom.

the world champs are just round the corner so i must prepare very well. i hope to be there for the snowheads bash, please keep me posted

the snowleopard snowHead
snow report
Undeterred by missing out on the Olympics, Kwame is on his way to Ghana in June, with the backing of some top stars. Olympic Combined gold medallist Ted Ligety has agreed to join the Snow Leopard in Accra next month to assist in the search for some talented young Ghanaians who - with the backing of numerous sponsors - will travel to Europe next winter to train alongside Kwame.

More details in this MySnowSports article
latest report
"Grass skiing"?! In Ghana? A momentous occasion; I hope MySnowSports can get hold of photos.
ski holidays
I have this picture in my mind of a Snow Leopard slaloming down the grassy slopes, pursued by a Green Mamba...

Ted Ligety on grass skis? Now that would be something!

Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy