Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milton Keynes skier seeks gold for Ghana at 2006 Winter Olympics

Poster: A snowHead
40 races?... wow, that's going some!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Should be able to take a couple of photos tomorrow up at Tignes, Kwame's arrived in Bourg - proudly bearing his snowHeads hat of course wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good man! snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
After a great first morning of training in gates up at Tignes today (courtesy of Phil Smith and Emma Carrick-Anderson of Snoworks)...

latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They were right - it's bigger than Milton Keynes.

Nice one, snowleopard! And to all out there - hope the cablecar doesn't fall off this autumn, and enjoy the sunshine - looking lovely.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PG, nice photo; conditions look OK. How long is Kwame in BSM/Tignes?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And how long is a piece of cable?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar.org.uk, en route to a training camp in the Italian Alps Thursday, via Geneva, Gatwick and Venice!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, Blimey - that's dedication!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
PG, Blimey - that's dedication!
that and free tickets from Easyjet might have influenced the routing.
Is that a snowHeads hat I see ??

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 15-11-05 8:13; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I reckon so!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hello guys
PG and his family are really looking after me, i reckon i have put on a few kilos since i landed here. the conditions on the glacier are perfect hard, grippy and icy you could not ask for more.

i will be off on thursday but will let you know how the Italian resort of Val di fiemme is like.

altitude though is a bother though as my head feels heavy at the end of each day of skiing

PG took some amazing pictures, first time after my first ever race i have seen my ski stance when going round gates, definately better than before

it has been fantastic and all thanks to PG and family

the snowleopard is out
wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

Many thanks to Dave Morris of www.podiumski.com for helping Kwame with gate training today ...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GO THE LEOPARD

All the best for the season ahead Kwame.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This is a fantastic thread - like watching a movie unfold!!! Happy
WELL DONE SNOW LEOPARD - KEEP ON GOING!!!!
snow report
Geneva negotiated with difficulty this lunchtime! EasyJet's systems went down so big delays checking in. Should be on a flight to Venice, ultimate destination Val di Fiemme, right now. Then after a week's training back for the Snow Leopard Challenge at Xscape Milton Keynes ... any snowHeads taking part???
snow conditions
mountain mad wrote:
This is a fantastic thread - like watching a movie unfold!!! Happy
WELL DONE SNOW LEOPARD - KEEP ON GOING!!!!

Yeah, it's changed a LOT since page 1!
ski holidays
Ah yes ... we were so young and innocent then.
snow report
Some certainties suspended, some less so. It's been more about the development of ideas, rather than taking entrenched positions. All makes for an excellent thread - especially as there have been few attempts to divert attention away into unpleasantries.
snow report
Yes, unlike all the bitching one sees on the Ski Club of Ghana members-only forum.
latest report
hello guys

in val di fiemme at the moment, the people are very friendly and i am to become an adopted member of the community. should be speaking fluent italian by the end of the season [hope so].

will be going to a Tonale glacier to begin some serious training, hopefully tommorrow. i was very encouraged by comments from Emma Carrick Anderson and Dave Morris, as well as PG during my training in Tigne. I have sought to head straight at gates cutting my line shorter and more direct since training in South America, but Emma said it was good though i was loosing speed at most tight turns, as i had to compensate for my direct route, while Dave said i should not worry so much about getting my body into the right position each time i approached a gate, but rather to feel what my skis are doing and respond to them, as well as to make my turns smoother avoiding the tails of my skis skidding.

on the back of this advice, i hope to train hard, and start off my campaign to get the remaining 115 points on a positive note, 5-10 points off in my first race this season should set the ball rolling for a nail biting run to 140 points.

I will keep snowheads posted on developments, hope to see snowheads around europe please wear your hats, so i can notice you guys

the snowleopard is out Cool
ski holidays
aaaah before i forget

please attend the snowleopard challenge, apart from supporting my mission you could win some cool prizes depending on your speed as a skier or boarder

and i know snowheads are fast skiers and boarders Puzzled ? Very Happy
latest report
the snowleopard challenge in brief is an event tailored to suit fast skiers and snowboarders. it is another event designed to raise funds as well as give some inspiration to local racers, by offering good prizes.

the race will have 2 cources set out, and racers will go down head to head. positions however will be determined by time, as we will have 2 timing systems on the day, and each racer will have 2 runs, one on each course. not forgetting start ramps will be built to give racers an immediate takeoff speed

the courses will not be technical slaloms, but rather more GS-like, so rythmic fast turns should be expected. we decided on the above as every year in the UK all you notice are more and more events geared at freestylers, and it seems technical skiers and boarders are being left behind. so with the snowleopard challenge, we aim to provide support for outstanding local tallent, by promoting them and giving them practical prizes to keep going in their chosen sport, and not give up through lack of funding etc. i know what it takes to keep going as a ski-racer, believe me it sometimes seems impossible.

so there you have it, the snowleopard challenge [nothing about challenging me though] snowHead
ski holidays
snowleopard, sounds like it's tough out there but you're having a blast...........keep going!!!
snow report
yup

still moving on, i have to find out if i am olympic material or not. got to satisfy the inner me or i will always wonder WHAT IF
snow conditions
Hi Kwame, you can use the photos in this article ...

Spotted - Snow Leopard On The Slopes...
snow conditions
Finally an article that speaks the truth and nothing but the truth

something refreshing, PG you have outdone yourself, give up the day job and start your own TV programme [skiracers world]

pictures are lovely, i finally am turning with the right or closer to the right body shape, going to get everyone to take a look

i will be leaving early for the glacier tommorrow and will give you details of who the coach is, for the moment what i can say is he is a former German world cup racer

the leopard is impressed

catch you later snowHead
snow conditions
Amazing Stuff.

snowleopard, best of luck with your challenges. It's one thing to enjoy snow and the mountains, another to commit to your life so whole-heartedly to a single objective over such a long time.

Looking forward to PG eating your snowHead hat. Don't worry loads of volunteers will replace it. wink

Enjoy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
great pictures & article PG!
snow report
Interesting that Kwame is not very comfortable with the publicity but presumably accepts it as a necessary evil to generate funding. Good luck to him.
snow conditions
God doesn't generate the funding ... or maybe he does. He certainly carves in mysterious ways.
ski holidays
Kwame, well done for defending Eddie. As you said, it takes a lot of guts to set off down that ski jump ramp.
It also takes a lot of guts to try one of those competition courses. I did try once. I didn't manage one turn. The bruise in my hip was still there a week later.
You look great.
ski holidays
Kwame's attracted the support of the Italians, and the Turin Winter Olympics organisers, having arrived at Venice Airport and moved on to Val di Fiemme to do some training. This report from Ansa/Torino 2006.
snow report
Shame about the article! Kwame definitely won't be entering the Downhill, he'd just been acclimatizing on the Tignes glacier, and spent a fair amount of time on the snow last year!..

When he landed at the airport in Venice, they even had local musicians serenading him from the plane - looks as if the resort is going to pull out all the stops on the promotion side...
latest report
Looks as if Kwame chose to ski the GS in Italy (Alleghe) rather than the one taking place in Tignes the same day...

Hope it wasn't a decision he had cause to regret, because having not heard from him since the races took place (November 29th and 30th), and only having the results to go by, it seems that he crashed out of the first run and ... very unlike him ... didn't pick himself up to finish, come what may, and irrespective of the time.

Then - although he was on the start list for the following day's race - it was a "DNS" (did not start) for Kwame...

Confused
latest report
Puzzled Sad
snow conditions
PG, any news on Kwame? Or Kwame, where are you, are you OK?

edit:
OK, just read your article PG, so Kwame's in Italy until Feb 2 then.

I would have deleted this post, but you can't do that in snownews can you?
ski holidays
Just caught this thread, but I have the say this is a magnificent and amazing story. I wish you the best of luck grabbing the remaining neccessary points snowleopard
ski holidays
PG, Have you heard anthing from/about Kwame or his state of health?
latest report
Yes sorry meant to update, just a brief update after the race I mentioned. He was ok, but his coach wanted him to rest, then to work on technique rather than rush him into another race the following day after crashing out.

I'm expecting to hear from him soon with a race programme for the next month...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy