Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff Feb 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just booked for Banff next February and am very excited!

I know there is lots of information on here already but I was wondering if anyone can give me any more insight...

We leave on the 4th Feb...am I right in thinking that snow levels for this time of year are generally good?

Can anyone tell me about specific runs in Norquay, Sunshine or Lake Louise? I enjoy reds and blacks but nothing too mogully as I haven't mastered that yet!

Any good tips on where to eat/drink?

Basically I am just very excited and would like to read about it as much as I can Very Happy

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Plenty of warm clothing needed for that time of year Smile

Was there last March, where are you staying ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
smudger wrote:
I've just booked for Banff next February and am very excited!

I know there is lots of information on here already but I was wondering if anyone can give me any more insight...

We leave on the 4th Feb...am I right in thinking that snow levels for this time of year are generally good?

Can anyone tell me about specific runs in Norquay, Sunshine or Lake Louise? I enjoy reds and blacks but nothing too mogully as I haven't mastered that yet!

Any good tips on where to eat/drink?

Basically I am just very excited and would like to read about it as much as I can Very Happy

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Hi,Banf in Feb.will be pretty chilly,so plenty thermals,and you'll need a good face mask.Snow should be pretty good as season starts early and last well into May.Norquay is nearest to Banff and is quite a small area ,we used it first day to limber up,then moved on to Sunshine and Lake Louise,both of which are great areas,with loads of runs to suit you.Banff has lots of good eating,my fave was Magpie and Stump.a Mexican place,but there great Chinese,Italian,and for a special treat you should book into Banff Springs Hotel buffet evening,they have every kind of food you could ever want,i think it cost us £16 per person for all you can eat.If you want something different i would reccomend snowmobiling,you have to bus into British Columbie,as you cant do it in the National Park,but it's well worth it.You can e-mail me for more info and i cuold even send some pics. E-mail address alpaters1@aol.com
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If this works it will link you in to a prior thread on Banff

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=937228&highlight=#937228
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bones, Just found out we are staying in the Inns of Banff.

Read a few mixed reviews about it so am hoping it's ok!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
smudger, It's fine, lots of folk here stay there; I've stayed twice. the food in the basement pub is quite good if you don't fancy going right into town, plus the legendary Bumpers is across the road. the outdoor hot tub is great - massive and has great views. last time we were there we watched elk ( I think) grazing outside the hotel while we soaked in the tub.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
smudger, Outskirts of town, but have heard some good reviews about it - quite a walk to the main area of Banff and at time of year can be very cold. We were in Banff this year in March and was still -12 in the mornings in town(around 8.30ish) Have you got a vehicle ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Inns of Banff is fine. You are first on the bus to the slopes and first off (unless it stops at the Rocky Mountain resort) on the way back. There is also a free shuttle bus into town in the evenings. No hassle even with kids.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy