Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski & Board Camp Tignes - opening weekend special Fri Sept 26th

Poster: A snowHead
i just could not wait until the dec trip so have just booked to go on the opening weekend as well!

our fri pm 26th back late sunday 28th, cost for 2 nights is only £96 - bargain - especially as it includes a "gala dinner" on the saturday eve

flights on BA would have been about £130 but i remembered that i used to collect airmiles on an old credit card and when i checked i had enough for a free return flight, didnt even have to pay the taxes!!!!!!

i am a happy man Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

my mate matt is coming as well, would be good to know if anyone else is planning on going for the opening weekend.....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Roger C, enjoy! I have to wait till Dec Sad . Do a trip report when you get back Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, we've moved the night of the "gala dinner" to Saturday, even though it says it's on Friday on the website - thought it best so that everyone can get organised with kit etc. on Friday in time for a nice early start up the hill on Saturday for glacier opening day...and fresh snow (hopefully! but at least no one will have skied on it for a few weeks!!). There's still space for 2, 3 or 4 nights that weekend so far. I'll be there, and looking forward to any of you snowHead that come along Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
only 6 weeks to wait Very Happy

any other snowHead s now booked for the opening w/e of the skiandboard camp?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Roger C, I forgot about it! I wonder if there are any spaces left?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
historically what kind of stuff is open that first weekend? I assume glacier runs only, with the Val D'Isere links not opening until Dec???
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, It will be the glacier only
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Roger C, Ooooh - there's still space (and flights at around £100)!!!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had excluded all these pre season trips from my mind because of a pending operation, but the way things are going with waiting lists i may well be able to make these trips and have to cancel the rest of the season instead !!! Very Happy or Shocked i an unsure
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'VE JUST BOOKED FOR THE OPENING WEEKEND snowHead snowHead snowHead

arrive Friday 26th, ski sat/sun come home sunday night Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, Very Happy what flight are you on?

we arrive in GVA at about 530pm I think on BA from Heathrow
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Roger C, Swiss out of City, arrive 15:35, return 21:00 - confirmed £95. BA was £128.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We have put together a bit of an itinerary for this weekend now. Not posted it on website or mailed out yet, so here's a taster (apologies if it's a bit wordy):

A very special weekend!

To celebrate the opening of the Tignes glacier after its three week autumn rest, and the start of the Ski & Board Camp 2008 we are planning a very special first weekend.

Arriving 26th September you have the option of staying 2, 3 or 4 nights. Prepare yourself for a busy weekend!

Guests will arrive at Geneva airport on 26th September late afternoon, where a transfer will be ready to leave at 18:30 and you will be transferred to Chalet Hotel Les Melezes for dinner. During the evening the Edge2Edge staff will set you up with the latest brand new skis, boards and boots ready for an early start.

After an early breakfast on Saturday 27th a private bus will collect you at about 07:30 and take you direct to the funicular railway, where the lift company will provide us with a private, exclusive train ½ hour before the public are allowed on the hill. As you exit the top station you will be offered a buck’s fizz or steaming coffee to down quickly before attacking the glacier. Then the magic begins! A chance to ski or board on brand new equipment, on the virgin snow which has hopefully gathered over the previous three weeks.

After a gruelling day skiing you will be brought back to Les Melezes where you can enjoy a session in the hot tub and saunas, or just to relax in the bar to prepare for the gala celebration dinner.

The evening will start at 20:15 in the bar where champagne cocktails and canapés will be served. The four course gourmet dinner with a selection of wines will commence at 20:30. Some well known skiers and ski industry dignitaries have been invited to join us at dinner.

More skiing follows on your subsequent days, with a slightly more sociable start time. You will be returned to the airport on our set time transfers on your departure date after skiing.

For those of you staying 3 or 4 nights we have a rather special optional extra available – White Water Rafting! Participants will be collected from the glacier at about 12:30 and taken back to the hotel to quickly change into travelling clothes and collect their luggage. We will then take you in the mini bus to the Isere River where, having donned a wet suit, life jacket and safety helmet you will raft 22 kms to Centron where you will be fortified with a steaming glass of Vin Chaud to re-charge you for the journey and proceed to the airport. A packed lunch will be provided for this option, and the total cost of the excursion will be 60€.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Joanne Mountainsun, Fantastic Very Happy. Mountainsun does it again Very Happy

what time is the pickup after the gruelling ( wink ) day's skiing?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It will probably be around 15:00 I guess...plenty of time for us to try and stay sober before dinner!!
ski holidays
Joanne Mountainsun, any paces left?
latest report
This does sound tempting...
ski holidays
Roger you have more holidays than thomas cook wink
ski holidays
If only we didn't have to take kids back to university that weekend rolling eyes
latest report
rayscoops, There were still places when I booked Very Happy
latest report
Guys, with the shocking exchange rate of around 1.18 euro to £1, and not likely to recover to 1.35, remember the currency surcharge will be applicable.

"If on the day your holiday starts, the exchange rate on Travelex (http://www.travelex.co.uk) is worse than 1.35 Euro to £1, we will ask you to pay a supplement in the resort of:

20 Euro per 7 day holiday
10 Euro per 3 or 4 day short break
By adding a potential charge in this way, we incur no collection charges, & we have kept our price increase for 2008-09 below French, Italian & indeed UK inflation rates.

We trust you will find this solution to be fair & we have added it to our booking terms & conditions. The currency surcharge will apply to departures after 25th Sept 08."
snow conditions
holidayloverxx just seen Joanne Mountainsun's post above, looks like those of us there on the opening w/e are in for a real treat Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Roger C, absolutely - I dreamt about it last night !
snow conditions
I sure am looking forward to getting back on the snow next week! Blimey, HOW QUICK has this year gone??

See you on Friday! snowHead
snow report
Joanne Mountainsun, just checked the snow forecast - looking good, and not likely to melt Very Happy

BTW - Hope you are wearing a name badge so we know who you are.... Very Happy
snow conditions
Just finished packing, printed off train/tube times, 1 sleep Very Happy
snow conditions
hope the chaos caused by the air traffic control centre problems today have all dissapeared by tomorrow

i'm tempted to pop in to see them at Swanwick on the way to Heathrow as it's only about 3 miles up the road from me

all packed, hand luggage only for a quick breeze through T5 (i hope!!!)

holidayloverxx see you in GVA Very Happy
latest report
Have fun folks, am envious!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Tignes/6day/top

it's very cold out there - well below freezing up the top - looking good. snowHead
ski holidays
Going green Have a lovely time! snowHead
snow report
Hope you have a great time!! snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
2hrs 20 till office departure, v difficult to concentrate on boats and their equipment this morning with a head full of the mountains and skiing!!!
snow report
have fun Roger, are you able to report "live" on what the snow's like when you get on it??
snow conditions
i think the chalet has wifi so will give it a go, i may even be able to report "live" from the piste if my pda thingy is up to it Very Happy
ski holidays
sitting on a sunny terrace, snow was good this am, firm at first then softening up nicely
highly recommens the ski and board camp!
latest report
Roger C, enjoy! Very Happy
ski holidays
Roger C, have a good time buddy snowHead Very Happy
latest report
easiski, jase2472, thanks!

we came off the slopes at 3pm, back to the hotel for afternoon tea and cakes, change over of skis for tomorrow and a sauna and outdoor hot tub session, lovely Very Happy

tonight we have apparently have a 5 course dinner with wine so perhaps not such an early start tomorrow

for those who havent been the glacier at tignes is a bit steeper than at LDA but there arent as many runs (or maybe they just havent got them all open at the moment)
snow report
Hi all, what a fab time Very Happy . sigining up new snowheads as we speak. had the best lesson ever with kev (evolution) - i am now officiallay carving Very Happy

dinner was superb. the arrangements are slicker than last year, the snow is very good. and I need to stop now to imbibe more drink....
latest report
Roger C, holidayloverxx, sounds like you had a great time! snowHead snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy