Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone fancy a job in Austria next season?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, I'm looking for some resort staff for next ski season (08/09) commencing in early December until end of April 09. We need 4 resort staff and up to maybe 15 qualified instructors (instructors will be employed by the local Austrian ski school, but work mainly for us). The company is called IBT Travel and we are based in the Ski Amade region of Austria offering 860kms of piste on one pass! - It’s huge!

We deal with mainly school groups travelling out to resort by coach and air. Last season was out first operational season of the new program in this area (although the company has been operating for 20 years) and we took out over 3000 kids, with the first group arriving 6th December and last week with 15 coaches on 5th April!

The team will very tight and I am looking for highly motivated staff. Wages will be notified upon application, food and accommodation will be included as well as cars.

Positions we are looking to fill are a
..Resort Manager - overall responsibility of the entire operation, looking after clients and suppliers
..Resort Medic - basically a person to deal with all medical issues in resort, like taking people to doctors and hospitals etc (plenty of free ski time!!)
.. 2 x hotel reps - again basically looking after a hotel and the clients staying there. Plenty of free ski time each day.

If you are keen to find out more, or would like more detailed descriptions or simply have any other questions, please feel free to email me at chrisb@ibt-travel.com or check out the following link for the full descriptions http://www.natives.co.uk/cgi-bin/job/job.pl?action=employer_details&em_id=1084975334&ed_id=2

Only 5 months to go!!! and keeping the prayer matt out for the same snow as last season! we opened in resort on 31st October last year!! fingers crossed

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 20-06-08 14:14; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No mention of German language, which I would of thought would be useful especially acting as a go between Doctors , Hospitals? That would narrow down your CV trawling?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yeah good point Stanton, it is a big help for the medic postion but for the others depending upon the persons qualifications and ability level, not that important. The staff are mostly dealing with English clients,and school kids so as long as they can comumicate in our mother tounge they should have no worries.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

comumicate in our mother tounge

Puzzled which is?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, Appears to be English.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Wages are fairly decent

By local standards or those pertinent to tour ops?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 20-06-08 15:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Running a business and not appearing to be literate in your own language is concerning?
Doesn't make sense and not that literate either. Why the question mark?

It would be great if us Brits could all speak German (with an Austrian accent) but nearly 100% of us don't. Anyone with a half decent education in Austria speaks our language and that's especially true in places like Ski Amade. Medics certainly speak english. The kids speak english so their instructors, ideally, need to speak it well enough to teach. Surely that's more important.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 20-06-08 15:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I think having adequate to fluent German skills is essential especially if you are responsible for UK kids in a foreign county.

No it's not. The companies which have been doing this sort of thing for the past 30 years generally employ reps who don't have a word of the local language.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, Hi Pam, thanks for your comment, I thought mother "Tongue" was fairly self explanatory, especially when it hints that you are dealing with English school children, perhaps that was to cryptic? If so I apologise, and just to confirm, yes our mother "tongue" is english as we are a British company . Thanks again
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton, Hi Stanton, I am actually dyslexic, so hence my poor spelling! can't remember that being a major concern for Sir Richard Branson however? did it limit his business opportunities?

Ref the "All law is conducted in German" is there something I have missed? even in the UK? America? even Outer Mongolia are all barristers now speaking and conversing in German? We thankfully managed to get by in Austrian and also British as we are a UK operator, however I must check that one out in case we have missed something.

Thanks for the advice on "relying on locals", I agree that is why I am asking if anyone here wants a job, as long as they speak our "mother tongue" (English that is PAM W) I think however you are a little misguided in your information, in over 20 years I find when you pay people thousands upon thousands of pound (euros infact) to look after your guests, there English and there enthusiasm to speak it dramatically improves!

As for your concerns relating to my business acumen, I currently hold a BASI Gd 1 International ski teachers license and have do so for the last 16 years, I have taught all over the world, I have represented BASI in their demonstration team, I speak fluent Italian, French and have a comprehensive working knowledge of Austrian. I have competed at a fairly high level, as a child in both slalom and GS, I was UK territory Manager for Rossignol for over 2 years before finally heading up the sales and marketing department of one of the UK'S Largest ski tour operators - will that be sufficient to convince you that, my lack of spelling skills is more than made up in my knowledge of this industry as a whole?

Thanks again for taking the time to comment, but if all you can do is mock someone with a disability, I would much prefer you kept your thoughts to yourself. I also take it you don't want a job? If I am incorrect please let me know and I can forward the appropriate application forms, all of which you will be glad to here have been spell checked!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Swiller, Bode Swiller!! At last someone who understands!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris JB,
stanton is our resident Troll, he is Dutch and easily ignored though.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard, like Bode you obviously know what you are talking about!
snow conditions
T Bar, Thanks for your advice T Bar, as you can see I am new to snowheads, and thought this may be a good forum to get some decent people with some knowledge of the business, rather than nonsense abuse like that! Thankfully so far I have quite a few genuine people interested even with by lack of spelling ability!!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 20-06-08 12:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
folk with dyslexia should do what the rest of us who are sh*t at spelling do and use spell check, thats what its there for.....thank you Mr Gates
ski holidays
JimSearle, I agree, does this have one? if so where is it?
snow report
Chris JB, Have you tried on the 'other' ski forum? The one where the 'Natives' hang out? They like to work seasons abroad....and in general, don't criticise grammar and spelling (well, with a couple of notable exceptions, but don't worry about them wink )
snow conditions
Guvnor,lol!! (I can spell that!!) your subtlety is much appreciated! Have actually got a few adverts on there now, not the cheapest of places however! Thanks again, and if you know anyone that may be keen get them to give me a shout. Regards
ski holidays
JimSearle wrote:
folk with dyslexia should do what the rest of us who are sh*t at spelling do and use spell check, thats what its there for.....

Too bad spell check is not smart enough to catch the simple error in your post.
snow report
Sounds a really exciting chance for the right people.

Wish I could do a season for you but I can't I'm afraid.

Almost sounds like a kind of Iterski operation in Austria perhaps?

Good luck with the business!!

Wish you the best Chris JB.
latest report
Chris JB, Good luck with finding your staff Very Happy and please ignore the rubbish about your spelling.
latest report
Chris JB, good luck with your venture. Please take easiski's advice, and above all ignore any statements from our Dutch mountain expert. Where I grew up they call them 'Flachlandtyroler', and they don't say it endearingly!
ski holidays
Chris JB, Good luck wiht the business looks great and I would love to join you if circumstances allowed maybe next year! Dont mind the Spelling and Grammer police! They have nothing better to be doing wink I am the worst speller on here but like you said it never affected Richard Branson
latest report
snowaddict,
Hi Snow addict, it is exactly an Interski in Austria! I used to look after the sales and marketing there for 9 years! So basically the same package, better area, better hotels and food, the whole lot and less money! I take it you have taught with them out in Italy? Thanks for your kind comments Regards Chris
ski holidays
easiski, many thanks, got some great contact here already.
ski holidays
Steilhang, lol 'Flachlandtyroler', yeah I know the translation very well!! I must point out and would like to make this public that I did get and apology from they person concerned so have to admire that element, one of the difficult things I think here is that you never really know who you are speaking to! Hence to make assumptions! well you know what they say about that. Thanks for you comments and advice. Regards Chris
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ordhan, Hi Ordham, really chuffed with how its progressing so far, keep hold of my email if you have that and let me know if your situation changes or for the following season. Regards Chris
snow report
best of luck should have done this 10 years ago pre children and partnership Sad
latest report
Chris JB, what qualifications do the instructors need?
ski holidays
beanie1, Hi Beanie 1, we would be looking at equivalent of the old BASI Gd 3 or new Level 2 Alpin instructor course, as mentioned the postion would be direct through the ski school, but working predominatly for our groups. Hope that helps.

Regards

Chris
ski holidays
Chris JB, I have only just taken my BASI L1 the week before last and hopefully I will have done L2 by the end of next season. 08/09 season is out therefore but I could have a look at it for 09/10 season. Is it possible to work for part of the season not all of it as with the current Interski set up?
ski holidays
Chris JB wrote:
snowaddict,
Hi Snow addict, it is exactly an Interski in Austria! I used to look after the sales and marketing there for 9 years! So basically the same package, better area, better hotels and food, the whole lot and less money! I take it you have taught with them out in Italy? Thanks for your kind comments Regards Chris

Wow! Sounds really exciting!

I have indeed done some weeks with Interski over the years. Between 2002 and 2006 I think I notched up eight weeks.

I'm sure you'll let us know if you need some part timers like Interski used as I would be interested in doing that.

Best of luck for the future!!
snow report
Chris JB, Welcome to snowHead 's and to be honest an extremly good first post! Only one word of advice, there are some lurking that are pedantic @rses, ignore them. This could be difficult as you have not been on long enough to suss them out.

Have fun and good luck!?!? Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
Chris JB, Seems like you got an undeserved whipping there! Not sure why - but welcome to Snowheads. We have found www.seasonworkers.com extremely effective in recruiting some excellent chalet staff in the past. You're probably best paying for a month's ad on there rather than trying to recruit on a discussion forum. We find a good time to do this is end August and into September.

Good luck.
snow conditions
Damn, if I could get my wife - a doctor - to apply for the resort medic position, and then I could get some weeks free from work...

Good luck ChrisJB
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, Congrats on the Level 1 and Good luck also for Level 2, snowaddict, and VolklAttivaS5, yeah there will be plenty of oppurtunities for part time work, during the high season ie Feb half term and Easter, as soon as I have full details from the ski school, I will drop another post to all. Great thing with this place is that it is also only 35 minutes by car from Salzburg airport! and there are tons of regional airports fly there now as well. Thank you both for your kind words, I am addicted to the site already!! Regards Chris
ski holidays
Chris JB, brill I'll have a look at that season after next then.
latest report
Roy Hockley, Thanks for the welcome Roy. Regards Chris
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy