Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

RyanAir Hidden Baggage Charges...

Poster: A snowHead
Cheap airlines are no longer cheap. Expensive airlines have the same effect. But, let us not pretend there is an easy answer just from cutting down flights.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have changed the thread title to better represent what i meant when i started the thread!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know this is a done thread but having just booked a Ryanair flight I felt the need to revive it since a lot of what has been said on here chimes with my own experience. In common with many posters I agree that the total price you might end up paying for a Ryanair flight may well be competitive, and that in comparison to prices 25 years ago flying now is a relatively inexpensive luxury. No, my problem is that you are inevitably attracted to the low-cost headline price and you use this to start working out in your mind whether a trip is affordable. Ryanair has always charged extras, we all know this and we take it into account, e.g. taxes, check-in fees, etc. Sadly, the cost of (non) optional extras seems to have grown significantly and by the time you come to book your flight, after making sure your hotel reservation and transfer is in place, the price could be a lot higher than you bargained for.

The extra that takes the biscuit is the £4 per leg of the trip you are charged to pay for your flight either by credit card or debit card, I was charged £16 handling fee just to pay for two return flights and this fee would have been applied whether payment was by means of credit card or debit card. Naturally there was an option you could select to avoid this surcharge and I would have used this had I had a Visa Electron Card, unfortunately I do not know what a Visa Electron Card is or how I would go about getting one. Maybe I am alone in this? Whatever the case, I suppose it justifies Ryanair's position that every other means of payment should be liable to an extra fee.

It all reminds me of one of those tedious signs you used to see in your corner shop... "credit will only be given to people aged over 65 if accompanied by both grandparents", i.e. it is getting nigh-on impossible to actually achieve the price Ryanair purports to sell its flights for. It makes for an unpleasant consumer experience. Take BA for example, who sell their flights with all costs included in the price you see, they might not be cheaper but their pitch seems to have more integrity to my mind.

Oh well,... you pays your money and you takes your choice. Neil
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nohat, Thats the one that upsets me as well! The Aer Lingus one has a classic, they do not have a free for all scrum to get your seat. You HAVE to chose a seat, and are privaliged to pay €15 or so per seat per leg!!!! Ryanair should do this as it can get extra revenue, do without priority check in maybe only 40% pay for this, 100% of passengers will require a seat. wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We take credit cards at work and were told by Barclays Merchant Serviecs that we could only charge out what we were charged by them - 1.49%. We were charging 1.5% and they told us to reduce by the difference.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As a number of other people have noted, Ryanair have a particular pricing model and their own service levels. I don't like either, so my solution is simple: I don't fly with them. It limits my choice a bit, but I'm prepared to pay slightly more and change timings a little for a better experience.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, that'll be a result of the terms and conditions ( wink ) you signed with Barclays. Really high-volume customers can probably strike their own deals - though airline passengers in doubt can contact their card supplier.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
just booked flights with Ryanair and now a £4 transaction fee for each leg. Mate taking a bag so £8 each way plus £8 check in... We are looking at flights in Jan from London City to Zurich and they are £106 for a long weekend (Friday evening toi Monday night) with free ski transport, free bag and most probably free drink and no £8 booking fee. SWISS look good from London to Zurich at £106!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stortfordhal, Yep, I booked Swiss for my December trip. will probably book Lufthansa for Jan.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When I have to fly in Europe I use Swiss nearly exclusively. As said above very cheap,free ski baggage, food, drink & SERVICE Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Heard on the radio this morning that the european parliament has vote on today that could mean that all taxes have to be included in the advertised price..
fingers crossed...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
it has all been said before but I hate going through the process of checking prices for a Ryanait flight by putting in loads of personal details etc., only to find out there are further charges after that tedious process that makes the £40 flight in to a £140 flight ! I can not be @rsed to even look at Ryanair any more !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kruisler, taxes included would only be a start though, there's all the compulsory options that inflate the price too.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FenlandSkier wrote:
Kruisler, taxes included would only be a start though, there's all the compulsory options that inflate the price too.

The proposals make it compulsory to include those in any "headline" price too.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FenlandSkier,

Agreed but that would be a start though...No more "£0.89 each way" like my flights to Slazburg in 2007 when there are in fact £50 pounds worth of taxes...
As for other charges appearing late in the booking process, bloody annoying but I doubt anything can ever be reasonnably enforced via laws to stop that..
latest report
Not sure of the exact wording of the EU proposals, but the problem is compulsory and optional charges. I can't believe the EU will ban EasyJet and Ryanair etc. from charging extra for checked baggage and priority boarding etc. So I expect to see little more than a convergence between no frills and scheduled airlines, ie they will all converge to advertising a price inclusive of tax and compulsory charges, but all will end up with numerous "level of service" optional charges. Yes, it's fairer and more comparable, but you'll still have 5 pages of booking to go through before you see the final price, unless they are forced to dynamically show the current total price at each stage, or are forced to have optional extras selection first, before the flight leg selection.
ski holidays
andy, Easyjet have all of their charges (tick if you want it !) on the first page of the booking form now and you know what the flight price will be before in-putting all your details. I love Easijet in comparison Very Happy
snow conditions
Now we know the the real reason why the bucket airlines dont want you to take luggage !!

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23514847-details/Better+bring+a+book%3A+To+save+fuel%2C+U.S.+Airways+will+remove+movie+systems+from+flights/article.do
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Now we know the the real reason why the bucket airlines dont want you to take luggage !!

It takes serious stupidity to not have known for years that the weight is the main reason they don't like a lot of luggage.

I'm glad to hear it is only now you realise Laughing
ski holidays
alex_heney wrote:
stanton wrote:

It takes serious stupidity to not have known for years that the weight is the main reason they don't like a lot of luggage.

I'm glad to hear it is only now you realise Laughing

Oh I thought it was the 30minute turnaround times they had to adhere too at least it was with there original business model however since Ryan Air & Easy Jet have to account every year for fatter & fatter passengers they have decided to cut down on luggage or is it something to do with fuel prices Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy