Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hi everybody

Poster: A snowHead
This is my first post, I'm a spanish skier and I found a lot of info about european resorts in this forum, I use to ski every weekend in winter in Sierra Nevada or the Pirinees and a couple of weeks in the Alps since a lot of years. I hope to be useful for you as you are for me.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to Snowheads!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spaniard, a warm welcome to snowHeads. I've only skied in the US Sierra Nevada!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I suggest you to visit Sierra Nevada in spring, is amazing the quality of the snow in that season, the reason is the high altitude.
Saludos
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spaniard, Muy buenos dias y bienvenido a "cabezas de nieve" Confused How can you as "un asturiano" be promoting the S.N.?? Smile Tell us more about your native pistes please. I echo Kuwait Ian's response on the Resorts thread.....absolutely what we need to feast our eyes on at this time. Some of your photographs reminded me of the balconies in Le Tour. Saludos al companero de Raquel! snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Welcome to snowheads Spaniard,

I am going down to play golf around Malaga in January and will be going upto S.N. for a couple of days skiing, just hope there's plenty of snow!!!
(Not on the golf course naturally)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mac46, Asturian resorts are nice but small, by other side I spend more time working in Madrid (closer to SN) than in my home country Asturias. If you come to ski in Spain, I'd suggest you to go to Pirinnees in winter and SN in spring. For the Pirinees our star resort is undoubtly Baqueira Beret .
Slowplough, In Sn we are still waiting for a big dump, I'm going tomorrow and my friends there told me that stones are uprising Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hola Spaniard! Que tal, tío?! Estoy pensando en ir a Baqueira Beret en marzo, pero tengo dudas acerca del estado de las pistas (seguro de que no se dice 'pistas' en tu idioma, porque 'una pista' es 'a clue', verdad? - entonces como se dice 'pistes' en castellano?) por allá en primavera - sabes cómo estarán las ‘pistas’?

He oído que la 'marcha' en Baqueira Beret es de madre's poco helper - mucho mejor que en las estaciones de los Alpes. Además, lo que me da dudas sobre los Pirineos españoles es que me parecen muy parecidos a las estaciones adorranas - un poco aburridos, y con un montón de ingleses un poco 'horteras' - sabes?! Pues nada, porque deberíamos visitar a Baqeira?! Véndanoslo!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hola Spaniard snowHead Welcome and whatever Dave said too!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave Burt, Piste in Spanish is pista, about Baqueira is our best resort, very good groomers and offpiste, in March is the time when slush snow starts but you can find good spots in the mornings, about the "fiesta" you must know that Baqueira is a posh resort and the fiesta is in that way, for me the best is the food in many restaurants in the Valle de Aran. In the Pirinees I haven't seen many brits, only in Andorra.
Saludos
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Welcome Spaniard, may you have many years of posting, or should that be pisting. Puzzled
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spaniard, have visisted the Sierra Nevada in Summer, and stayed in Orgiva in Alpujarras, I would love to come back sometime.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I echo welcome Spaniard, and I must complement you on your wonderful English. BTW has anyone heard from Matteo recently? (thinking of non native English speakers in the forum)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen Beaumont, Oh, Helen, you know one of last paradises in Spain, some times after a big dump you can go skiing to the back side of Sierra Nevada with the Mediterranean sea in your front and arrive to Capileira (a small village in the Alpujarras), after that it'll be difficult to believe in a better ski descent.
Besos
snow conditions
Spaniard, I have been to Capileira. We had wonderful tapas. I can't imagine going back to anywhere else in Spain now, it was so beautiful.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 14-12-04 22:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Hi Spaniard, im just down the road in Malaga, Freinds were in the sierras this last weekend and had a good time plenty of snow for the opening week. I love the resort but always have to check the weather before i go as if its windy they close the lifts. Its a great place i can ski in the morning and be back by the sea for dinner. Fantastic. snowHead
latest report
Dave Burt wrote:
Hello Spaniard! That so, uncle! I am thinking about going to Baqueira Beret in March, but I surely have doubts about the state of the tracks (of which pistas' in your language is not said ', because ' one pistá is ' to clué, right? - then as pistes' in Castilian is said ') by there in spring - you know how will be the ' tracks '?

I have heard that ' marchá in Baqueira Beret is of putísma mother - far better who in the stations of the Alps. In addition, which gives doubts me on the Spanish Pyrenees is that they seem to me very similar to the adorranas stations - a little boring, and with a pile of English a little ' horteras' - you know! Then nothing, because we would have to visit Baqeira! Véndanoslo!

...according to Google translator wink
snow conditions
more accurately

Dave Burt wrote:
Hola Spaniard!

Hi Spaniard
Dave Burt wrote:
Que tal, tío?!

Howdo, mate!

Dave Burt wrote:
Estoy pensando en ir a Baqueira Beret en marzo, pero tengo dudas acerca del estado de las pistas (seguro de que no se dice 'pistas' en tu idioma, porque 'una pista' es 'a clue', verdad? - entonces como se dice 'pistes' en castellano?) por allá en primavera - sabes cómo estarán las ?pistas??

I'm thinking of going to BB in March, but I'm worried about the state of the pistes (surely you don't say "pistes" in your langueag because "una pista" is a clue", right? So how do you say "piste" in Castilian?) over there in spring - do you know what the pistes will be like?

Dave Burt wrote:
He oído que la 'marcha' en Baqueira Beret es de madre's poco helper - mucho mejor que en las estaciones de los Alpes.

I have heard the nightlife in BB is f***in' ace - way better than the resorts in the alps

Dave Burt wrote:
Además, lo que me da dudas sobre los Pirineos españoles es que me parecen muy parecidos a las estaciones adorranas - un poco aburridos, y con un montón de ingleses un poco 'horteras' - sabes?! Pues nada, porque deberíamos visitar a Baqeira?! Véndanoslo!

Moreover, what makes me worry about the spanish pyrenees is thet they seem very similar to the andorran resorts - a bit boring, and full of tacky brits, like. Never mind that, why should we visit BB? Sell it to us!

Kind of a mix of formal and colloquial language there....

*edited 'cos I missed a bit!*

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 15-12-04 13:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
nbt, Thanks for the *** nbt, DB didn't bother with them in the original.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy