Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How's the Sno Park @ Les 2 Alpes ?

Poster: A snowHead
easiski, There is the odd occasion where my posts have "disappeared" . . but on some of those it's me that's forgotten to hit the 'submit' button before refreshing the page or heading to a different thread Embarassed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Masque, These are posts that have been replied to afterwards! Ones that I had read on the thread on my way back to the latest post ...... After the business on the Snow Events Mondial thread - well - you wonder, don't you?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Update from the 'old folks' now here @ Chateau de Fortis: Our young 'shredder' in L2A was delivered about a week ago after a preliminary ‘touch base’ on Monday, July 7th, he found himself a place to crash and is ever since in 7th Heaven, especially with the new snow and after the disappointment of 2/3 consecutive days of waiting to go up, because of bad weather conditions. Learned to crochet and is making his own beanies.
Even the skate park seems to be awesome, which is just fabulous since he normally lives in the skate capital of the world.
We’re receiving ecstatic messages that everything is just awesome; he made a load of new friends and learned to shop at Super U and even to cook his own dinners ! We’re just watching from afar in plain awe (and holding our breath) !
In short, he’s having a blast !
So far so good Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jeu-d-esprit, excellent stuff... glad to hear it lived up to or even exceeded expectations! Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jeu-d-esprit i'll keep my eyes and ears open for a USA accent when i'm in LDA week after next Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Roger C, There are a number of them, so you won't be able to tell which is junior jeu-d-esprit, Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski-finder,

Exceeding expectations ?: ... You bet ! ….. Will be driving up today again for an 'ambush' and to hand deliver some more funding for another week of the fun, taking it a week at the time !
Lets hope he won the Salomon contract in yesterday’s competition .... Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Roger C,

He’s reassured us that he’s ‘working’ on his French ‘hardcore’, and his Dutch has improved dramatically, so I dunno whether you’ll be able to pick him out by accent …. perhaps the outfit, combined with the hairdo might stand out from the others …. big blond ( which by now must be dreadlocks, I’m afraid) hairdo .... wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski,

Don’t they all look alike in their, your quote, ‘terrorist look’ ? wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
jeu-d-esprit, Actually they do all tend to look alike, but at least the skiers seem to have trousers that stay up! Saw a snowboarder with his round his ankles yesterday. Horrible sight - they all look so grubby that I'm afraid their undies will head off on their own! rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski,

Very Happy Know exactly what you're saying - thus happy us, who located (ambushed in fact solely for that purpose) him on Saturday and he was just his lovely self …. clean, fresh, healthy, rested, alert, giddy and very happy just to be there.
Half the town seemed to know him, while strolling down the street.
Even learning new pretzels and other tricks with names that’s not in my ‘terminologly archives’ yet.
The new apartment he’s sharing this week with 5 other sno junkies of all nationalities looked really nice and a bargain for only 60 Euros for the whole week !
We were pleasantly surprised by the cool, appealing atmosphere of the place … it was packed with all ages and to our amazement not solely inhabited by youngsters.

He placed 2nd, behind a 23 year old youngster of unknown-to-me nationality in the Salomon slope-style competition.
Next comp. is next Friday, will pick him up on Saturday or Sunday and on Monday the 28th we’ll all take the ferry to the UK – Oxford – woohooo, haven’t been there for a while - where our daughter, who’s currently still in Israel, is graduating.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jeu-d-esprit, That all sounds great. I'm not surprised that he's enjoying it or that you found our visitors eclectic! We are, after all, not a purpose built resort. People live here and always have since before the skiing started in 1947 or 8! First hotel 1952 - year of my birth!!!

I have a number of people arriving next weekend, would you like to be included in a 'meet'? It would probably be Sun evening. I was also thinking that one young lad wants to do freestyle, but having skied only 3 weeks I don't think he's experienced enough to do more than ski backwards and do some 360s on the snow etc. ..... maybe I could press your son into persuading said young man that a good technical standard on the flat is essential before trying jumps and rails etc???
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski,

Ahhhh. better get advice from an experienced coach , not him .... remember he's only barely 15 and basically has no fear, despite many multiple fractures and a ruptured spleen - yes ... from trying a new trick on the rails !
The 'new thinking' these days seems to be that every accident/fracture is instantly repairable, what else are the on-site fracture clinics and the Life-flight choppers for ….it’s simply a no-brainer, duhhhhh ?

But seriously, as advice for the young lad, the old saying is still very valid: Practice makes perfect ! and since Freestyle skiing is still in its infancy, there were never enough instructors around in the early days and my experience is that everyone basically taught himself, including my son.
It can be done !

Would love to meet the nicest ski instructor at L2A - picked up your flyer at my first visit and even considered taking up skiing again, just for your coaching, but am very sorry to have to admit that I hate the white stuff (too much of a good thing in the past, I’m afraid). Toofy Grin
Anyway, will be up Saturday or Sunday afternoon, but usually plans change by the hour.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Roger C,

"can you advise on the best/closest largish supermarket to LDA for us to stock up on food on the way up to the resort? I guess there must be one in Bourd D'Osians?"

If you need large, ultra cheap food supplies on your drive up from Grenoble to L2A, we’ve found a sizeable, well-stocked new Lidl store in Vizille. It’s on 151 Rue des Forges (if you have a Tom Tom), just on the outskirts when you leave town. Watch the Lidl sign on the right of the road (is it the Route Napoleon ?). It has all the excellent wines (and liquors too) and shaded parking.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jeu-d-esprit, Well - give me a bell when you're up and come round for a cuppa at least! My view is to die for. Roger C is arriving Sat I think and skiing Sun, the others are all arriving Sun I think ... Marky B and his wife, and some more peeps who are not snowheads but will be soon. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
easiski,

Quote:

My view is to die for

Just to get an idea about your location – do I guess correctly that your lovely view is from Vénosc ?
And did Le Tour pass by today in the valley ?
snow conditions
jeu-d-esprit, I am in the last chalet in LDA just overlooking the cliffs to Venosc, so yes - strictly speaking on the Alpe de Venosc. Le Tour stayed away from the end of the road this year, but did a roundabout over the mountains to the west(ish). No traffic on Weds or Thurs though so the worst of both worlds!
ski holidays
easiski,

If you're checking this ... leaving right now, will be there around 5-ish !
ski holidays
jeu-d-esprit, Well, you found me, and it was lovely to meet you and all your family. Thank you for the fabulous pie - it's yummy. Very Happy Bon voyage home.
latest report
Merci easiski in particular, and everyone else who was so helpful with tips and suggestions in making this first trip up this European glacier a truly remarkable one for our "shredder".
He had just the greatest time and is now absolutely hooked to L2A.
Is already planning a much longer stay for next summer !

It was wonderful meeting you easiski, and hope the rest of your summer season will pick up and be great !
BTW - How's the current young Freestyler in your care doing ?

For everyone interested: here are a couple of preliminary pics of a private photo shoot on July 24th ... we were so lucky with the weather and he had such a blast !

snow conditions
jeu-d-esprit, looks ace.
ski holidays
jeu-d-esprit, Cheers! The other boy turns out only to have skied 1 week before, but I've taught him to ski backwards in a straight line, and to do a 2 x 180 - that is a 360 (on the snow) in two bites. He seems quite happy with that for the moment. the lad didn't really have a clue about how good the freestylers are on the flat before hurling themselves off monster jumps and onto huge rails. I think he'll join the club at Southampton though and go regularly from now. Very Happy
ski holidays
Hey nice shots,(i take it he landed safely)i mean,did he stomp the landing?
snow conditions
easiski,

Quote:

but I've taught him to ski backwards in a straight line, and to do a 2 x 180 - that is a 360 (on the snow) in two bites. He seems quite happy with that for the moment.

Very Happy I suppose you've already coached him this (and forgive me pls if I'm stating the obvious here, or that it's too late now), but it makes a tremendous difference when the bindings on one's twintips are perfectly center-mounted (and those skis are probably hard to find in a rental shop that caters to racers !).
If he wants to do Freestyle in the future, this is something to keep in mind !
My 'shredder' easily goes through 2/3 pairs of skis a season (beyond repair after 'some tricks' on the rails) and the same goes for bindings (we spend quite some time in repair shops !) and he'll refuse to ski them, even if they're off center by a centimeter or less !
snow conditions
jeu-d-esprit, Well - he's on twin tips which chuffed him ... don't know about centre mounted though. TBH at that level I don't think it makes much diff. I was on my slalom skis, and we're only talking the flat bit of Dome Sud near the snowpark. wink

I'm frequently horrified at the treatment many young jibbers give their skis (coming from a 'repair and wax every night' background - not that I do that any more). Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy