Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Borovets, Bulgaria Xmas!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have heard many mixed reviews about Bulgaria. I am looking to book a break over christmas. Can anyone who has been out there tell me what the slopes may be like so early in the season!!! I am a first timer so am not too sure. Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hooky1981, Welcome to snowHead
I've not been before, but someone will be along soon who has, no doubt!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hooky1981, Went at Christmas in 2005. The snow was good but from talking to the locals it was a good year. I have been back a few times since but later on and the snow has always been good. The top of the mountain should not be a problem at Christmas, and the resort itself should be OK. I'm there on 3 Jan so I'm confident of good snow then.

The link below gives you the webcam archive back to 2003 so you can see for yourself.

http://www.bulgariaski.com/webcam.php?lang=en&resort=Borovets&img=1201446060

P.S. Welcome aboard.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JP

Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to the whole trip.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hooky1981, for some historic snow data there is some here dating back to 2001, which might give an indication of what to expect... it doesn't make for great reading, but the January stats are much more promising...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hooky1981, Welcome to snowHead 's. Cant help you with specifics but have an enjoyable trip!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hooky1981, be aware that you can't be too sure of good snow anywhere at Christmas. If good snow is important to you, then you might think of changing either your destination or the timing - or better still, both!
Quote:

I'm there on 3 Jan so I'm confident of good snow then.

Hmm.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hooky1981, there was plenty of snow Christmas 1990, if that's any help?

A really funny week, one of my favourite holidays - it was like being in a movie. Our friend got some money changed on the hotel stairwell by one of the waiters - but they were disturbed mid-transaction and he gave her the equivalent of £100 rather than the £10 negotiated. Bottles of champagne for breakfast, lunch and dinner trying to spend it all Razz . Said waiter pulled a gun on us the next day trying to get his money back, but he couldn't remember exactly who he'd given it to. He was hassling anyone and everyone by the end of the week.
The guy on the change desk in the hotel asked "you want receipt?" when I got £10 changed to prove I'd got some legal currency Laughing

It's changed a bit, I believe.

Chris.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chrisdavis, Not so much an active holiday more of an adventure holiday! Pistols at dawn! (whoever she is!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy