Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does gas prices effect your ski trips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Frosty wrote:
stanton, I did some research on "chip oil" fuel, in the states (surprisingly!) there are some seriously good home made systems. The best one's seem to have a warming element down the fuel line to keep the bodiesel liquid enought to stop it clogging. I think they still have a problem with the HPDI (high pressure diesels) that many people now drive, the injectors are I think too small and get clogged still. Neat idea, if you've got a really old diesel it would be great to convert it, anyone here tried ?

Plenty of my mates run chip oil in their Landys, you really need 2 tanks though, start the engine on pump Diesel, then switch over to Chip as it's running, then switch back to Diesel before you switch it off, so that you don't end up with Chip Oil in the fuel lines. Smells like a Chip Shop though, all it needs is Salt & Vinegar.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyderman wrote:
Fogliettaz wrote:
Last weekend I had to visit our apartment in Ste Foy. Usually I have my foot to the floor all the way and average 26-27 miles to the gallon. This trip I set the cruise control at 75mph there and back and averaged 33 mpg Also I only filled up at a Calais supermarket and an Albertville supermarket €1.40 per litre against €1.53 per litre on the autoroutes. I have calculated that I got and extra 120 miles per tank on speed alone and saved €10.00 per tank.

Worth thinking about on your next trip to the mountains!

Vehicle in question, Renault Espace 2.2 tdi auto.

That's really interesting to me. I average 30mpg in my Espace 3.0Dci V6 Auto with a Top Box on. Cruise set to 150kph. Surprising that the 2.2 is less economical than the 3.0, maybe because it's working a bit harder. I get near 40mpg without the box and if I knock the mph down.
Spyderman, If only we could get 40 mpg!, Our previous Espace came close that too was a 2.2 tdi, but the new one is an automatic which does knock the fuel consumption down however you drive. We are off to the mountains again in 4 weeks and I will be aiming to better last months figures with 2 bikes on the back.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy