Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheapest way for lift passes in Banff ???

Poster: A snowHead
bertie bassett wrote:
Chri$ wrote:
Dobz, I'd say £289 for 10 days was a good deal. The official price is around $82 a day low season and $86 high season going on http://www.skibig3.com/shop/lifttickets.cfm. So that would work out at £410 for a 10 day pass for you !!!

What do you get for £410??

Tignes/ValD charge 999 euro for a season which even at todays shocking exchange rate is £788 quid or less than double the rack rate for 10 days in Banff..

Blimey - I think I'll stick to this side of the pond...

Yeah but a season pass for LL or Sunshine will be a lot less than £788.

Yep $829 https://secure.skircr.com/pass_types/index.asp?prod_id=3&js=1

Tourists subsidise locals and skibums the world over - get used to it or join them wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A ski big 3 pass with bus pass also is about $1800 IIRC.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[quote="fatbob"]
bertie bassett wrote:
Chri$ wrote:
Dobz, I'd say £289 for 10 days was a good deal. The official price is around $82 a day low season and $86 high season going on http://www.skibig3.com/shop/lifttickets.cfm. So that would work out at £410 for a 10 day pass for you !!!

Tourists subsidise locals and skibums the world over - get used to it or join them wink
I am being a skibum for the winter, so getting quite excited really, be interesting to see what my view of 'tourists' is before the season is out...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
1 word... "Gaper"
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bones,
Quote:

Leedslips, When are you going ? Hi Bones, we fly ex LHR 17th January - can't wait wink we haven't been before, only ever been to Les Gets, France and last Winter didn't have a single snow flake while we were there ..... Hoping Banff will be better for that Razz - you going anywhere this season?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, heading to BC resorts and passing through Banff details, a little later in Feb. Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chri$ wrote:
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know a way to get reduced rate lift passes for the 3 areas around Banff. I've heard a rumour they can be had cheaper from some hotels, but does anyone have any experience of this?

Cheers

Chri$

Some hotels do cheap day tickets at reception (IIRC Bumpers did them a few years ago), but you need to remember that with day tickets you don't get the free bus travel.
Add on the cost of a return bus ticket ($15 IIRC last season) and your cheap tickets are nolonger any cheaper.
Obvoiusly this is not a problem if you have a hire car, but most of the English in Banff just take the airport transfer option.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am looking for a good deal on lift passes in Banff has anyone used SKIHOLIDAYEXTRAS in the past when booking lift passes as they are quoting :-

6 days 345 euros
7 days 397 euros
9 days 510 euros

It also states that the shuttle buses leave from central Banff up to the ski domains - hotels provide shuttles to departure points.

Bus pick ups from there description seems slightly different from the tri-area pass.

Has anyone booked up via www.skiholidayextras.com for Banff area lift pass.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
smmjh11, whay are they quoting Banff (in Canada) in Euros?

re the bus pick ups - it used to be hotels to ski area and then talk of changing it to central banff to ski area - we thought here that the final decision hasn't beem taken yet...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx

I wondered myself about why the price was in euros. just seems the default currency from the dropdown menus
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
smmjh11, in that case it's tricky to work out what is a good deal with curenncy conversion. I saw today that the canadian dollar rate was back up to 1.99 so maybe better buying in dollars?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I haven't booked lift passes yet but I got a price of £352 from the SkiBig3 website - can't remember how many days though! We are going for 14 nights so I think I would have put in 11 or even 12 out of 13 days.

The lift pass bit of the website isn't working at the moment Puzzled
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi, newbie to here but on my travels of trying to find passes i found expedia.ca to be quite cheap- 415CAD compared to 470CAD for 6 day pass, maybe worth a look??

8 of us are heading out there on new yrs eve for a week, anyone else heading that time?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi there,

Where did you get your cheap lift passes from? I,m heading out to banff on 28th jan for 2 weeks with 20 other people and trying to sort lift passes out now................
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
HeckyJNR, give big 3 a mail see if they will do you a group discount. No harm..
latest report
yeah just trying them..........
ski holidays
This is for anyone booking a last minute ski trip independantely, only works when booking hotel room.

Just come back from a skiing trip in Canada. I booked the hotel through Travelocity.com and it then gives you the option of booking the lift pass. There is a glitch with the system as it gives you the option of how many days you want the pass for but the price does not go up. I got 2 adult five days out of seven and 2 youth five days out of seven passes for the total sum of about US $240 which is about £170. Normal cost is around £800.

The hotel costs are slightly higher than you can get somewhere else but this is more than made up for on the saving of the lift pass which includes transport.

You print a voucher which you take to certain hotels in Banff or the Ski Hub shop in exchange for the lift passes. I had no problem when I used my voucher.

Hope someone can make use of this before the end of the season
latest report
been looking at the euro site and the dollar site but ended up using the ski safari extras site . need to get either rentals or schooling thru them as well but worked out 8 days in 11 for £241 . needed ski school as well so that worked for me . saving on both lift pass price and school price over the inghams listed . 2 lift pass + x1 3 day school saved about £280 over the inghams price . need to book by nov 30th to get the free extra lift pass days .
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy