Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheapest way for lift passes in Banff ???

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know a way to get reduced rate lift passes for the 3 areas around Banff. I've heard a rumour they can be had cheaper from some hotels, but does anyone have any experience of this?

Cheers

Chri$
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do a search there's a thread on this somewhere. Cheapest is offseason prices that the ski hub give-skibig3.com. I'm not aware of any deals having spent about 18 weeks in Banff in total over the last 8 or so years.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Generally tour ops have access to the most competitive rates. Some places like worldski & ski american dream IIRC are able to pass these on.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski Independence can normally come in a bit cheaper on lift passes http://www.ski-i.com/ - you don't have to have a holiday booked with them to buy a lift pass
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy, sadly - I believe you do have to have booked accommodation for the RCR resorts which includes Lake Louise, Sunshine and Fernie (at least when we have tried - including for Fernie last season and LL a few years back). They do do cracking deals on a lot of US resorts.

RCR are a tight bunch of twits with a poor idea of what food services - in particular - should be... IMHO...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stoatsbrother wrote:
cathy, sadly - I believe you do have to have booked accommodation for the RCR resorts which includes Lake Louise, Sunshine and Fernie (at least when we have tried - including for Fernie last season and LL a few years back). They do do cracking deals on a lot of US resorts.

RCR are a tight bunch of twits with a poor idea of what food services - in particular - should be... IMHO...

Your same opinion of Murray Edwards as most locals have then. Sunshine & Norquay aren't RCR though AFAIK. I was astounded at the increase in food pricing at Fernie in a couple of seasons without any noticable increase in quality or even seating capacity.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stoatsbrother, I would agree on the lack of decent food on all the mountains with two exceptions. Trappers on Sunshine, and Sawyers Nook at Lake Louise, where I had one of the best on--mountain lunches ever.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looking at the website though, Sawyers Nook appears to have gone downmarket.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont, Trappers - Yum Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chri$, Can you post on here whatever you find on lift passes - I'll do likewise.

I am going to Banff on 24.01.09 and still have to purchase lift passes. Tour operator price is/was £289 for 10 days - the tri-area pass.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 7-08-08 23:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dobz, I'd say £289 for 10 days was a good deal. The official price is around $82 a day low season and $86 high season going on http://www.skibig3.com/shop/lifttickets.cfm. So that would work out at £410 for a 10 day pass for you !!!

I'm going on Christmas eve for 10 nights, but staying in Calgary with family for a few days so will only actually be in Banff for 7 nights and about 6 or 7 days on the hill.

I will also be booking a hotel in Banff for 7 nights privately, so can hopefully find somewhere who can do a deal on a pass. I notice Bow View Lodge do "Ski Package" deals including a pass at a rate that looks pretty reduced, so there's hope i can find others too.

Cheers Guys

Chri$
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stoatsbrother wrote:
cathy, sadly - I believe you do have to have booked accommodation for the RCR resorts..

Ah, didn't realise that!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fatbob,

Quote:

Your same opinion of Murray Edwards as most locals have then. Sunshine & Norquay aren't RCR though AFAIK. I was astounded at the increase in food pricing at Fernie in a couple of seasons without any noticable increase in quality or even seating capacity.

Come back Charlie Locke...all is forgiven.

You're right, Sunshine is owned by the Scurfield family, and Norquay was acquired a couple of years ago by a local consortium including Ken Read. -I haven't been back to Banff for a few years now, but I always used to see Ken and his family skiing there at weekends.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chri$, Thanks for that Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Prices seem to be cheap here...

http://www.americanskiclassics.com/?gifs=1&pages_id=36&ebf%5Bresorts_id%5D=26&ebf%5Bdays_skiing%5D=6&ebf_date_day=04&ebf_date_year_month=2009-02&Book+Online.x=47&Book+Online.y=16

snowHead
ski holidays
smudger, look at the bottom right

"We can only arrange lift tickets for this resort if you have booked accommodation or flights through us. Please enter your booking reference to continue:"

sorry. wish there was a cheap way.
snow report
stoatsbrother, Sad

Thought it looked a bit too good...

I will keep trying and let people know if I find anything.

When are people going? There are 11 of us going on the 4th Feb 2009 and starting skiing on the 5th. I think you can get a discount from the big 3 website for groups of 15 or more so if anyone is going at the same time we might be able to sort something!
latest report
I have seen posts on this forum and other forums about this and people have managed to get ski passes through this place without booking anything else with them. Only one way to find out?!
latest report
smudger, There are two of us going on 24th Jan.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 7-08-08 23:09; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
You can get prices from Ski Independence now and they are better priced than the official site.

Dobz, Looks like we'll be there at the same time! How long are you going for? I guess since you are there earlier than us it will be difficult to join up to try and get better prices...
snow report
smudger, Please do let us know if it works.
snow report
smudger, 11 nights - arrive 24th Jan - depart on 4th Feb

Edited - put correct dates in rolling eyes

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 7-08-08 23:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Chri$ I got a good deal and good service in 07 thro bookings@onlinetravel.co.uk That seemed to link into www.worldski.co.uk
I don't know the connection between the two. I didn't book accom thro them. They sent the passes to my hotel or I could have picked them up from the Ski Hub. Hope that helps
snow conditions
smudger wrote:
stoatsbrother, Sad

Thought it looked a bit too good...

I will keep trying and let people know if I find anything.

When are people going? There are 11 of us going on the 4th Feb 2009 and starting skiing on the 5th. I think you can get a discount from the big 3 website for groups of 15 or more so if anyone is going at the same time we might be able to sort something!

HEY!!

A group of 6 of us are going up Feb 04 2009 ... we are boarding 5,6,7 .... u think we can work something out?
ski holidays
tracyc,

That would push us up to the group number so maybe we can sort something out!

If you PM me we can discuss it more and see if a deal can be arranged Smile
snow report
Smudger, I have a group of 4 also going to Banff and in need of tri area passes, we plan on skiing 10 days starting on Jan 25th.
ski holidays
Perhaps a new thread for Banff lift passes could be started. There could be a thread for each month that people are travelling, that way each person could post their dates and hopefully a big group would form and give better buying power????
ski holidays
check e-bay for people who got more tickets than they used.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Who has everyone booked with?

We booked with Inghams and I have been badgering them and they've now given me a decent deal. Buy 5 days get one free...the offer is available if booked before November.

You just need to ring them to sort it out. Smile
ski holidays
Inghams also have a deal, pay for 10 days get 3 free which would suit 2 weekers. Again, have to book before Nov sometime Very Happy If you go through the process of checking availability on-line, before it gets to the stage of actually paying it comes up with the offers. There is also a 2 for 1 Club Ski offer if you arrive in the resort between certain dates, off-peak dates no doubt.
ski holidays
Most tour ops of so many days free when purchasing more than 6.

Remember to think about a day at Kicking Horse or Panorama, the cost of the bus trip usually includes your pass there so you wouldnt need as many days on the Big3 pass Smile
snow report
Quote:

Ski Independence can normally come in a bit cheaper on lift passes http://www.ski-i.com/ - you don't have to have a holiday booked with them to buy a lift pass

You do now - I emailed them as I was going through the process of buying 3 x Tri Area passes but at the last minute their site just gave up on me. I emailed them and coz I haven't booked the holiday with them they would not sell them to me Crying or Very sad that's a real bummer Sad as there prices are really good.

Never mind just wanted to let you guys know my findings, hopefully this will help!
latest report
Inghams deal is currently £348 for 10 days out of 13 Tri Area, buy an 8 day pass and get 2 days free. Book before November 15th.
latest report
Quote:

Inghams deal is currently £348 for 10 days out of 13 Tri Area, buy an 8 day pass and get 2 days free. Book before November 15th.

mark handford, thanks for that - Just bit the bullet and booked 8 days with 2 free with Thompson for all 3 of us (2 x adults and 1 x youth) £832.00, just feel better now it's booked and just need to pay for it now Shocked cheers!!!
ski holidays
EDIT:-
Quote:

Thompson
I mean THOMSON, DOH Cool
ski holidays
Here is a top tip.

We booked with inghams last year, we got ripped off because we didn't understand the system. I wanted 9 days skiing so on th webform i entered 9 days, it sold me a 9day+2free day pass. Fair enough, but I wasted the two free days sat on a plane.

What you should do is ask for 7 days, you will then get a 7day+2free pass and save a wedge of cash.

I think crystal is the same, although we booked over the phone that year and didn't get caught out.
ski holidays
stevev, yeah good tip that - I did some asking around and got that right in my mind before booking ..... we wanna snowboard for a few days and then do some sight seeing too so that suits us wink
latest report
Also when calculating days for your liftpass, consider if you are going to go to Kicking Horse and/or Panarama day trips. If so dock the relevent number of days from your total Smile

Leedslips, When are you going ?
snow conditions
Chri$ wrote:
Dobz, I'd say £289 for 10 days was a good deal. The official price is around $82 a day low season and $86 high season going on http://www.skibig3.com/shop/lifttickets.cfm. So that would work out at £410 for a 10 day pass for you !!!

What do you get for £410??

Tignes/ValD charge 999 euro for a season which even at todays shocking exchange rate is £788 quid or less than double the rack rate for 10 days in Banff..

Blimey - I think I'll stick to this side of the pond...
ski holidays
You save money elsewhere mind you but the skibig3 pass is one of the most expensive in the world.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy