Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gryon - Alpes Vaudoises

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some information about Gryon. I might get the chance to go out there for 1 months next year (winter 2009) and was wondering what the skiing was like. What are the pistes like? Is it suitable for a good intermediate/advanced skier (plenty of steeps, moguls, some off piste) wanting to improve? Are there places to go for a drink in the village itself?

Ive had a look at the website and I think the pistes over on Glacier 3000 might offer more challenging terrain. Does anyone know how easy it is to get here. Also Ill be going at the end of the season, so what kind of snow coverage would there be? Will the connecting runs over to Villars and Les diablerets be open into the first week in april?

Also some people may come visit me, who need easy access to beginners/gentle blue slopes, is it also ok for beginners? Are there any companies/ tour operators who operate out there?

Sorry about the questions overload! Hope somebody can help!

Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can only give second hand experience based on one my ski buddy's trip there. Villars is pretty. the piste skiing is undemanding steeps and moguls - I don't think so. It will be a hike over to the glacier. Gryon is quite low so local slopes may suffer at end of season. In good conditions a good resort for beginners. As I say treat this with a pinch of salt as its second hand. friend is advanced intermediate and he didn't find it challenging. he enjoyed it for long weekend. he was sceptical when it was floated a group venue for our trip for a week
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy