Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling all Warren Smith Devotees

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Spyderman, sounds like you had an epic end to the season. I finished mine of in Val D'Isere with my son. Took him skiing for a week when school was out. Was awesome snow. He's 6 and he got his first powder turns, managed to video it which was cool, I was a super proud dad that weekend! Looking forward to Hemel. Can't believe there will probably be a Hemel Ride in the near future, never thought I would ever see that event until the ice age, used to joke about it with friends in Verbier. Just registered www.hemelride.com just in case.

Hi Marc, thanks for the info. I'm sure the missus will be glad to hear the news about it lasting longer!! Classic. Gonna get the shorts this week with plenty of padding. I'll do a Verbier to Saas-Fee this week, probably Friday as I'm gonna ski there on Saturday. So far the cycling hasn't giving my back much gip which is cool. Will keep you updated with how it goes.

Thanks Kristof, appreciate you words. Will let you know how it goes with the club in Verbier.

Cheers, Warren
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Warren
I reckon your lungs and legs will be ok, you rightly focus on the saddle area as the weak link.

Saddle wise the weapon of choice for long distance cyclists is the Brooks B17 leather saddle, unfortunately they can take up to 1000 miles of use to conform to the shape of your a***.

A good tip is to smother the pad in the padded shorts with the cream used on babies bottoms, then go commando, I am not joking it works.

Good luck.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Top tip for cycling long distances on consecutive days - do not use or wear any kit that's brand new. Those nice shiny shoes you saw in the shop yesterday that rubbed just a little when you tried them on will become instruments of torture after a day in the saddle. Last minute adjustments to saddle/bar height can also cause problems, especially if you've already got a slightly dodgy back.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi jbob, many thanks for that. I'll check out the Brooks B17 now online. I think I'll get up to the 1000 miles quickly over a month. I'll do the commando thing as well. Much appreicated. Are you a keen cyclist? Where do you cycle?

Hi Clive, thanks for that as well. I'll run the brand new pants through the washing machine to get some life out of them. That and the cream will hopefuly do it. Going into Scott's factory in Givisiez in Switzerland on Friday to get the bike and to get it fitted correctly. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM wrote:
for the zipfit lovers out there there is a new liner coming out for next season...this one is something a little different

Sven has blended the zipfit cork flow technology with the comfort features you would find in a thermo mould liner, the new liner [possible name heli guide] is made of ultralon foam and has a thin stich lasted sole and cork packs in the ankle pockets, fit wise it is said to be a little softer than the existing models but still with the heel hold which has be a signature of zip fit

Howz the tongue?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
warrensmith wrote:
Hi jbob, many thanks for that. I'll check out the Brooks B17 now online.

If you do get this, do not be surprised if the most comfortable position is a lot different than with any other saddle. Very, very few riders like their plastic saddles a little nose-up, but it's a commonplace with Brooks because of the hammock-style suspension.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex, much improved than on the ealrier models
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy