Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Austrian resort is good for a weekend break?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at 3-4 days in mid Jan. Usually we do morzine but fancy a change. Looking for resort not too far from an airport that has good flight availabilities. Largish resort preferred with some nightlife.

Any recommendations? Ta very much!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fico, Flachau, 40 mins from Salzburgs or Schladming another 15 mins.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wagrain or Flachau would be good...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or at the other end, fly into Innsbruck.

The Zillertal is about an hour away (largest resort Mayrhofen), or there are several "local" hills in the Innsbruck area itself (Igls, Mutters, Schlick, Axamer Lizum, Stubai, Nordpark).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
St Anton?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Would second the Innsbruck idea, rent a car and go to any of Zillertal, Stubai, St.Anton. Zell am Ziller is handy, since there's a huge carpark right at the main lift station with a few rental shops if required. On a Saturday am, all the traffic will be leaving the valley, and the slopes will be mostly empty.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fico, Third for Innsbruck so many places so close I would however fly to Munich on Thursday night and avoid the weekend traffic
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've done a weekend at St Anton before and it was good fun. To be honest though, i'd look for at any of the Ski Amade resorts (some mentioned by Frosty the Snowman & Deliaskis). The connections from Salzburg are very good.

Cheers
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fico, we did Saalbach last year (2007) which was a good laugh... and have also done St Johann too... latter needs good snow as it's pretty low (on par with Kitzbuhl). Both are just over an hour from Salzburg.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fico, second vote for Schladming or pretty much anywhere in the Ski Amade, Schladming has good variety of slopes and is a decent town for a long weekend. Took us 1 hour from Salzburg with cheap Ryan Air flights.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
More votes for Saalbach, and Flachau/Wagrain, plus I've done several weekends in Kaprun which were excellent especially with the security of having the glacier nearby if the slopes of Zell am See were lacking in snow
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mayrhofen. If you have a big enough group trying staying at the Schneekarhutte (sp?) at top of hill. Great breakfast and you're king of the hill for a little while.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kuehtai - ideal for a weekend, close to the aiprort, not big enough for a week but great for a weekend. I love hte place.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
To be fair, more could be gained by asking the question :

Which Austrian resort is NOT good for a weekend break?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy