Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Emperor's New Skis

Poster: A snowHead
arv, Sorry for that - got hasty on it.

I have no doubt in my mind that there are people willing to put this money on skis. However, I am appalled by the website for something supposedly so exclusive. At that level, it's not the ski quality per se that matters anymore. It is as if it would matter too much, if a watch were a minute or two/month too slow or fast when it has a cost of six figures and there are a handful of them in the whole wide world. The point is the exclusivity, handcrafted quality and materials. The performance you can buy at a fraction of a cost, but then - it is not the same thing anymore.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 9-06-08 9:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
demos, forgiven Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would be suprised if many would fork out that kind of money on such skis. Calling something a Rolls Royce does not make it a Rolls, especially if the website depicts a Lada!!!!

No disrespect to Lada drivers wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Amazing, how absolutely and utterly fumble these skis look. I'm quite amazed that for the artwork all that was changed between the 2 versions is the colour scheme.

Heh Martin Bell ... come and defend your association ..... Ah hah ha ha ha haha hahah.

Just imagine even if these skis are for real (which they ain't) but first day somewhere in Europe in an avg snow fall season off piste ..... oops hit 1 rock 2 rock 3 rock .... brand new $19k skis are Fxxxed .... hilarrrrrious!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
plectrum, I understand that they are for real.

The target clients have not heard of rocks but I get yer point. Will the guy drilling 'em up for bindings use the wrong jig and have to fill the holes or... as I once witnessed, drill them back-to-front?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bode Swiller, They are not truly for real, they are a dude who has made a site and got some poor skis and vastly overpriced them in the hope of receiving a couple of orders this year which will pay for his season. They are real in so much as the dude who gives him $19k will get some avg skis but not real in the claims that they are the world's greatest skis or they will transform in anyway avg skier to a great one.

Complete rip off , hilariously marketed and quite outrageous snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
plectrum, I mean that they are for real in that they exist. You mean that they "aren't for real" in that they can't live up to their claims & such a business isn't viable long term. I agree.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just a bit of a shameless x post from TGR. No idea if this is true but there seem to be some aggreived pet owners out there who think this guy might have a track record.

http://runningthepack.com/blog/?p=60
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If not true its highly defammatory
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If Simon Carradan is AKA Simon Brodie then he's a naughty boy...

Simon Brodie, the founder of a San Diego company that is attempting to sell cat franchises, pleaded guilty to multiple counts of false accounting in a failed franchise venture in his native Britain.

The rest here http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20061028/news_1b28brodie.html

Would you buy a pair of second-hand skis from this guy?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
and if true if I were martin bell I wouldn't want to be associated
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was told there were some diamond encrusted Lacroix skis for sale a there promotion in Courchevel 1850. Did not get the price but could have been expensive as they wanted €250 euros for a bottle of JD at Russian New Year. I think it could be good for grip on rock if they were diamond edged.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Swiller wrote:
If Simon Carradan is AKA Simon Brodie then he's a naughty boy...

Simon Brodie, the founder of a San Diego company that is attempting to sell cat franchises, pleaded guilty to multiple counts of false accounting in a failed franchise venture in his native Britain.

The rest here http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20061028/news_1b28brodie.html

Would you buy a pair of second-hand skis from this guy?
I've been asked to point out that these matters are disputed by Simon Brodie/Carradan and are still under litigation:
http://www.biospace.com/news_story.aspx?NewsEntityId=53339
http://www.simonbrodie.com/NsPdf.PDF
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Simon Brodie/Carradan

Quote / unqote. Go figure.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Snowheads...

I had the interesting situation of emailing "Carradan Skis" in June of this year (2008) to see if they would provide demos of their hyper-expensive skis to ExoticSkis.com to review and publish tests of this winter in the USA (we do that with nearly all the ski builders on our list of more than 200 ski builders at www.ExoticSkis.com. We love testing rare and little-known skis!).

"Simon Carradan" replied and said he would get us demos of both models in two sizes to review and test on-snow by December. That sounded cool, business as usual......Since then, I started reading rumors that "Simon Carradan" in Big Sky Montana USA is indeed "Simon Brodie" related to several well-publicized ventures in Great Britain and the U.S. including CloudHoppers hot air ballooning, hypo-allergenic cats, Ashera cats, pet-timesharing, microprocessors, veterinary diagnostic technology...etc.... I did some searching on the Internet and found that the address of Carradan Skis is indeed the same one as the parent or holding company listed in the SEC records for Asensia, Tetros, Coldstar Capital, FlexPets...etc. Personally, I am convinced it is the same person. I posted some brief snippets of an email conversation we had over at ( http://www.exoticskis.com/ExoticSkis/list.aspx?mfrID=213 ). I understand there are some lawsuits or other legal challenges going on with non-ski related business affairs, but I really only care about skis and getting the truth to people about ski builders and their products.

I can't say if the skis are real or not until they actually show up in a box for testing... They are vapor to me until we click into a pair.....I will bet these skis won't turn me into an Olympic star, but are high-end luxury items targeted at the jet-set crowd who like Breitling watches, Lear Jets, Maseratis, Monets and similar things....My $15 Timex watch does the same job as a $15k luxury watch...but if people want to spend their money on such things....be my guest.... The skis are claimed to have some high-tech ingredients and features...which is fine...as long as they are really as claimed...They don't have to make the ski magical, but they must be real and verifiable to avoid fraudulent claims.

I will try to keep you posted on any developments about the World's most expensive skis....anyway...if anyone has info they want to send...please let me know...I just want to bring the truth about skis and their builders to the masses....(and test a bunch in the process)...Please forward any info you might find! Skiers deserve to know all the details about skis and ski companies, especially ones that want to charge $12k usd and $19k usd per pair! Let's see if Simon Carradan (Brodie?) will step up to take questions and critique from the skiing community about his company, his past and the skis themselves. My opinion is, if you've got the guts to sell a ski for $19k usd, you had better be able to stand up front-and-center and let the skiers ask detailed questions.

Cheers,

- Eric
ski holidays
exoticskis,

Sounds fair... look forward to a review.............or not... wink
snow conditions
Spot on exoticskis.
ski holidays
Sounds a balanced point of view! If it is the same person, he may have changed his spots, after all a possible future business involved cats!

The core to this thread is the ridiculous price of the skis; and when you compare the price of the item to the quality of the website it seems all the more incredible!
snow report
Carradan web site has now been updated !!!
ski holidays
check it out! they use FISH in the cores!!

ok, maybe that says "ash"
latest report
Same colour as fish fingers, is the green bit mushy peas?
snow conditions
And burnt chips being the other one!
ski holidays
The Fish adds swim bladder capability for extra float in the soft and an ability to attract cats if you need a tasty barbeque/ new hat/stole wink
ski holidays
Arno, I read Pish.
snow report
Swirly, hmmm - you could be on to something. right colour too
snow conditions
judging by this - posted on the Ski Club site on 11/8/08 - Martin Bell is standing by his involvement with this enterprise.
ski holidays
I can also recommend this one (very funny):
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/story.asp?intStoryID=5852
ski holidays
These Carradan skis are now too cheap and downmarket for my liking. This season Harrods are flogging diamond-encrusted Lacroix skis for £40,000 a pair. No mention of who personly delivers them but I'd be hoping for Kelly Brook... sorry, MB.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This was flagged up on TGR..

http://www.skimartinbell.com/articles.html

Quote:
22/11/08
Martin would like to announce that, as of this date, he no longer has any connection to Carradan Skis.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy