Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking forward.... where are we all going next winter??

Poster: A snowHead
I've decided on three trips, two last minute cheapies in December and January to 3Vs and Nendaz (after recommendation of David Snell) and expensive February half term trip to Arabba.

Where are you all going?

Let's look forward to the skiing in 08/09 season.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Three for me too Very Happy (two x9 days plus long weekend). Les Gets x2 and first trip to Resort X. All more or less booked. Just need to do all my shopping at Tesco to get Eurotunnel paid for Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lou, have you got a Tesco clubcard visa card? I put everything possible through mine (including all the shopping I do in Waitrose!), and it adds up to lots of points.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, aha! That's something we had thought of but haven't got around to. That would stop me worrying if pop into Waitrose by accident wink
Have just been browsing Tesco Direct, may even get a new mattress from there, think of the points for a kingsize! A while back I could be found grumbling that Tesco were taking over the country, popping up everywhere, but Eurotunnel tickets concentrate the mind somewhat Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have booked to go to Tignes in December for 2 weeks, one of those weeks is a course though, also Meribel and St Anton in January are booked already for 1 week each, plus the Snowheads Birthday Bash for 1 week end of January dependent on where it is going to be. If it's Ischgl then it's a definite for me. Little Angel

Have got some more stuff planned sort of at the moment for March and April but not booked yet, will leave it until nearer the time and might have a couple of late deals depending on where the snow is. I will go to the EoSB to Val Thorens as well hopefully all being well. Hope the snow is good next year, I'm hoping to get loads of skiing done next season!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 4-06-08 18:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not decided yet, but my general plan is...

the birthday bash and/or MSB, plus 2-3 (long?) weekends somewhere easily drivable (ie Zell am Ziller / Wengen). Wouldn't mind a week in Les Gets / Avoriaz again. Also wanted to get on a week of tuition somewhere possibly this side of christmas, but gonna be tricky fitting it all in since I'm using 3 weeks out of 6 for a summer vacation Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spending my 3rd winter in the Niseko area (first time I've spent three consecutive winters working at the same resort).

This past winter I visited 7 other resorts on the island of Hokkaido.

This coming winter I hope to revisit these and add another 6-10 resorts. Roll on November.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
obertauern in january with some frds and other halfs
undecided on venue 6 of us (the best skiers i go with) late jan early feb some where different..
half term feb obertauern with family and frds family
march 6 t0 10 of us for lads trip much more of a social bash this one with the standard of skier being somewhat lower
late march/ april keeping powder dry for a late trip when the weather looks good with my missus and another couple
may poss do an easter trip with my daughter for a few nights
thnik my son will want to go with his mates next season.. though i fear a financial contribution may be forthcoming Confused
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tignes December

Day trip to Les Arcs January

Birthday Bash January

Canada (Fernie?) March

EoSB (maybe) April Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thinking of La Clusaz - just finalising numbers. Looks a nice resort, with a good range of skiing for us and only an hour transfer Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
La Roche .... Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
late July - LDA glacier Very Happy with family

mid Dec - Boot Camp, Tignes - boys trip

new year - montalbert with family

mid jan w/e - boys w/e flying to zurich, resort tbc

early march - week trip with another family, montalbert or meribel

april - boys w/e (i hope)

may - boys w/e (i hope)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Only get one trip a year unfortunatly. I'm pretty sure that it'll be Serre Chevalier at christmas.

I'm definatly missing all things snow and skiing.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I just get the one trip too.

I will probably try to make it the Birthday Bash.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not sure if I'll be doing any holiday, but I plan to work a few weeks......so I go wherever I get sent snowHead
latest report
La Roserie in Jan with my 7 year old daughter (booked)

Hopefully 3V or the like in March with whoever I can drag into it.
snow conditions
My skiing CV is rather weak in Swiss resorts so am planning to go to Chur to pocket Films, Arosa, Davo, St Moritz and do a day trip to the Italian Livigno. May have to move camp three times for a two week trip.
snow report
Going to be in Flumserberg for quite a few weeks next winter. Will ski there and other swiss places, probably Laax but also the smaller places. Want to revisit friends and ski in La Toussuire and Morzine.
latest report
Xmas - Grimentz, family trip

January - Poss Serre Che, work trip entertaining clients

Feb - Grimentz, family trip

Easter - Grimentz, family trip
ski holidays
Thought there was already a post on this but here we go anyway:-

December - Tignes, long weekend, Mountain Sun/Snowheads
January - Weeks tuition somewhere, probably Alpine Coaching in Mayrhofen
February - Half term week in Zermatt with my daughter
March - perhaps a weekend with a couple of mates
April - Ten days in LDA with my daughter (and her mum, my ex too)

I'm getting really worried the list gets longer every year. (2005 - 10 days skiing, 2006 - 18, 2007 - 22, 2008 - 22, 2008/9 - 30?)
snow report
Colin B,
Quote:

I'm getting really worried the list gets longer every year. (2005 - 10 days skiing, 2006 - 18, 2007 - 22, 2008 - 22, 2008/9 - 30?

I'd be more worried if they were getting shorter - let your bank manager worry about them getting longer Very Happy
snow conditions
Mid Dec w/e: Verbier
New Year: Verbier
Early Feb w/e: Vebier
1/2 Term: Verbier
March w/e: Verbier
Easter: Verbier
Late April w/e: Verbier

All of those family trips.

Probably another boys w/e...Verbier.

Anyone want to guess where we have a shack? Smile
snow report
rungsp wrote:
Mid Dec w/e: Verbier
New Year: Verbier
Early Feb w/e: Vebier
1/2 Term: Verbier
March w/e: Verbier
Easter: Verbier
Late April w/e: Verbier

All of those family trips.

Probably another boys w/e...Verbier.

Anyone want to guess where we have a shack? Smile

Cirencester?
latest report
Nothing booked yet but my wish list is:-

December - Ski Amade
January - Ischgl and St Anton
Jan/Feb - Birthday Bash
Feb/March - Zermatt
latest report
Roger C, where did you end up booking for Montalbert in the end? A few other SH will be around for NY too! I can think of 4 at least!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Shame its so long to wait, but this is where I'm booked up for. Can't wait

Xmas - Courmayeur

Feb - Pila (running school trip so not all fun and travelling from Manchester by coach)

April - 2 weeks in Whistler
snow report
Dec - 3V
Jan - 3V
Feb - 3v
Mar - 3V
Apr - 3v

With the odd day or two at La Plagne, Valmorel and Tignes wink
ski holidays
Dec - 2 weeks in Whistler not yet booked because I'm trying to convince a friend to come along so I don't have to go by myself.
Jan - 1 week in France, probably 3V. Maybe try and find a last minute chalet deal.
Mar - 2 weeks somewhere in North America.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth wrote:
Roger C, where did you end up booking for Montalbert in the end? A few other SH will be around for NY too! I can think of 4 at least!! Toofy Grin
not actually booked anything yet as have been waiting to see exactly who's coming, on the other thread you mentioned some private owners you know with small apartments, we may end up needing a couple of small places rather than 1 larger so if you have any contact details a pm would be appreciated!

thanks
latest report
Anyone with some advice please, missed out on the Diva at Tignes for New Year. Trying to find somewhere with family rooms/suites ie cheap kids places for 2 adults 2 kidz.
Options seem to be Chalet Piccard in Plagne 1800, Hotel Le Totem in Flaine, the Hotel Viking in Morzine (been there, I know its at the top of a cable car) and one of a couple of hotels in Alpbach (thru Inghams). Everything else is a bit too dear.

Any reccomendations?
snow report
Nothing planned yet but looking at the following:

December - Verbier with the Warren Smith academy
Jan / Feb - snowHead Birthday bash
March - Soldeau with the lads

A sneaky weekend may also get in there somewhere and next year I will get up to Scotland!
snow conditions
Haven't decided yet - most likely Austria in Jan and then (hopefully) Tignes in April.

At the moment I'm thinking Obertauren/Saalbach or Zell am See
snow report
Not booked yet but planning on our usual model:

Short break in Ski Amade in Jan
Week in own place in Zell in March

with an unusual addition (for us at least), which is potentially one snowHead bash (would be our first!), depending on the when and where questions.

Plus a weekend or two in Scotland if conditions are inviting and petrol doesn't become a mortgage-worthy expense...

D
ski holidays
Makes my one-week at some point look pants really rolling eyes
ski holidays
Les Carroz at Christmas with family - this will be my first taste of skiing at Christmas. Lets hope there's lots of snow! Very Happy
ski holidays
A place called Murren a couple of times me thinks but i dont know if its any good ? wink
latest report
Xmas - Zermatt
End of Jan - Austria (be it the birthday bash or independantly)

Other than that don't know yet
snow report
30th Nov Tignes Boot Camp 3 Days

11th Feb Fernie 14 Days

Hopefully a Bash

End of season Tignes.
latest report
Chris Brookes, I've not heard of Murren. Where about is it? wink Laughing
latest report
La Pagne with family for New Year, somewhere in Austria or Dolomites end Jan with the boys and Zell for end March.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy