Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's your favourite resort and why?

Poster: A snowHead
Chamonix, because it's just, wel, outside. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I tend to find somewhere that I really like and stick with it for a couple of seasons and then move on.

There are some places that I would always go back to...but I like to see what the place has to offer behind what you can see from the 1st couple of days. Somewhere that has a bit of soul...which generally means not a big place. Chamonix is big but it has a vibe and energy about it and so therefore not typical. You don't want to get caught up with the drones on the GM and if you are bored in Chamonixs, well, you're sick or injured.

The real trick is not to have a popular favourite, IMV
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ami in berlin, yes, must apologise for the behaviour of some of our countrymen. I have rarely seen any kind of offensive behaviour in my favourite resort, but maybe that's because I don't stay there for the Paris holidays; some of the locals do complain about the behaviour of young Parisians.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Winter: My favourite resort is the one I'm about to go to/at/just been to I'd find it easier to pick my least favourite!

Summer: Bowles or Milton Keynes!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very limited experience, but out of the three I've visited I left my heart and soul in VT. It was for more reasons than just the resort though and had a lot to do with the company of a 100 or so assorted Snowheads snowHead and the fact that it qualifies as the place I started to really ski and enjoy the process.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, totally agree with you on the Brit thing - I look to avoid Brits as much as possible just because I want to experience being in a foriegn country and speaking the language. I do feel that many (certainly not all) Brits abroad (island race thing) do like to move en masse and try the colonisation thing.
Have to disagree (if we are splitting hairs) on the accommodation agency vs toour oprator thing as Ski Independence, La Garange and Peak Retreats all classify themselves as tour opertors being members of ATOL, AITO, and ABTA etc. The defining difference between the two is that if you book with their terms and conditions then they are a tour operator or principal . If they acted as an agency then you would be booking with the actual owners terms and conditions - but that is now splitting the hair several times over. I do take you point though. Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The same place I am always a bore about...

Great Skiing
Great Atmosphere
Good food in town
Great Kids Ski school
No teenagers on blades
Very few accordions

but I wouldn't want to go there every holiday
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ami in berlin, Actually, in the Austrian resorts I have visited, Brits are the favoured guests (easy to please etc) followed by the Irish, the Germans, and then a long way down, the Russians. I guess this might be a generalisation Toofy Grin The only people I've found fairly obnoxious are Snooty Brits and wealthy Russians!!!! Sometimes, I think the Germans*still* have a problem with the whole war thing, but for me anyway, it's history.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The trick is to find a place with Germans. Then complain to a sympathetic judge and get compensation to fund your trip.

You could be skiing's answer to those chancers who keep falling over loose paving stones :-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1023863/New-holiday-guide-Germans-How-avoid-Brits-abroad.html

Two world wars and one world cup !

Doo Dah !

Doo Dah !
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
erica2004, Totally agree, obnoxious Russians and Brits that are up their own @rses!!! Met a few of both alas!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Grimentz, because it's heaven on earth Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Know Les Gets very well now and LOVE it. Pretty village, varied pistes (have only dabbled off-piste so far so cannot comment on that) and friendly locals. Great in summer too. Lovely restaurants on and off the mountain and just enough apres.
Have noticed though that there are more & more Brits & Irish about. Have to say though that (generally speaking) these are neither too snooty or other extreme (as experienced in Flaine this year) so only occasional cringing from me wink . Most of the villagers will speak first in French still (in Flaine they spoke English and didn't seem to appreciate us making a reasonable effort in French which I thought was sad). Don't get me wrong, I like Flaine too for lots of other reasons.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Go to Ischgl and there you will experience groups of ultra-pissed germanic males in various football tops (Germany and Bayern Munich mainly plus others) that make us Brits look truly erudite and sophisticated (granted this will be during certain weeks of the season).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I like Alpe du Grand Serre:

1. There is hardly anybody there, even in February.
2. The people who are there are all very friendly and will start random conversations on the lifts.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In some senses I agree with pam w that when I go away it is nice to mix with different people/nationalities/cultures and for me that is part of the appeal of going abroad, so for some hols I would look for places that are not over-run with Brits.

However, I really don't think Brits are the only people who behave badly on holiday, and as for acting like we Europe, I think we are far from the worst at that.

From the perspective of a property-owner/renter, our problem guests (in terms of how they treat the property, but also how they communicate with us pre and post booking and how they are with my local agent etc.) are not Brits.

As for my favourite resort, no idea, there are too many to choose!

D
ski holidays
I actually think we Brits are quite European and have more in common with the rest of Europe than we do with our American cousins. I have family in America, including a niece and nephew who were born there - but, on some level, I don't quite get 'America'.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy