Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's your favourite resort and why?

Poster: A snowHead
Keep it short and sweet and only one resort per entry. I'll start......

Whistler

Great skiing, great vertical, Spankeys Ladder, 7th Heaven, big ski area, something for everyone.

Compact village- loads of clubs, bars, shops. Superb atmosphere - the locals have a "British" demeanour except better manners and friendlier.

That's my Ski Heaven Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whistler! Fantastic skiing and fantastic apres.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
St Moritz.

Unique atmosphere.
Loadsa trophy wives.
Sunny almost every day.
It's high up.
Plenty of snow.

Whistler rains too much.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
Les Saisies and the Espace Diamant

Guaranteed no trophy wives and mercifully few Brits.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Castleford Xscape:

Only place I can ski at the moment. This will change in 6 months time.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
.....mercifully few Brits....

Probably best not pimped on a predominantly British forum then, eh?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whistler. Why?

The GLC, Freshtracks tickets, great mountain and Vancouver just down the road. Roll on Feb 2010
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Courchevel.

Huge ski area.
Wide range of terrain, suitable for all grades of skier.
Good choice of high quality instruction.
Close enough to get to for a weekend's skiing.
I have a few friends who live there or nearby.
Lots of accommodation very near to slopes and lifts.
More than enough apres ski for me.
Easy access to other resorts.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Obertauern..

Easy to get to..
Great Hotels..
Good for a mixed group
Good lift system
Seldom crowded
Ski in n out
Slope side boozing
1800m in the village
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lech

Great snow fall
Fabulous, varied skiing
Great hotels, food, service
Great vibe
Ski in/out
Short transfer (1 hr) from Innsbruck
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Guvnor, I'm not pimping. And only the right sort of Brits ever get there... no tour operators.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chamonix

Pointy mountains
Near Geneva
Great (and varied) skiing for confident skiers
Grands Montets
Micro- brasserie de Chamonix
Real town
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, for Les Saisies try Lagrange Holidays, Peak Retreats, Ski Indepenedence, plus....no that would be wrong of me. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ayrshire Andy wrote:
Chamonix

Pointy mountains
Near Geneva
Great (and varied) skiing for confident skiers
Grands Montets
Micro- brasserie de Chamonix
Real town

Agreed, for pretty much the same reasons.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Winter : La Grave.

No Pistes.

Summer: Bowles

Nice misting system and 15 mins away snowHead
snow report
erica2004 wrote:
Lech

Great snow fall
Fabulous, varied skiing
Great hotels, food, service
Great vibe
Ski in/out
Short transfer (1 hr) from Innsbruck

Agreed and..
It isn't over-pisted
They have a system to keep the riffraff (from St Anton) out when it's busy Very Happy
snow conditions
Serre Che

Friendly
Decently priced
Varied skiing above and below tree line
And I just like it.
snow conditions
Lech for all the same reasons Very Happy
snow report
Davos

Good size area. Better snow than St Moritz. Less poseurs and parvenus.

Good hotels. Value compared to France.
snow report
Hmmm -of the 10 or so- I'vevisited probably either Courchevel for the same reasons as Rob or Serre Chevalier with St Anton/Lech despite poor snowcover for the better quality gastro experience at reasonable cost compared to France (and the skiing)
ski holidays
dan100,
I would never have put St Anton and Lech as being resorts with poor snow cover. Puzzled
snow conditions
It's always the one I was at the last time! (I tend to remember only the good things Smile )

So the latest winner goes to Banff/Lake Louise. The skiing is as good and varied as any I've been to, with great snow record, would keep me happy for a good while. Add the many other mountains that're nearby within driving distance, that's probably enough for a lifttime if need be.

Great summer walking, mountain biking and backpacking would be the icing on the cake.

Last but best, hot springs and spas!!! Very Happy

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 2-06-08 18:36; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
jtr, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
They can't ski in St.Anton anyway Toofy Grin
latest report
Nickster, if you want to split hairs, those are accommodation agencies; I think I am right in saying there are no package tour operators.
latest report
[quote="pam w"]
Quote:
... and mercifully few Brits.

Pam - surely you're a Brit? what makes you hate your own kind and yet continue on a site like this full of them? It's like an inverted masochistic (sp?) bigotry
ski holidays
Valloire

Still feels like france
Big enough for variety, small enough to get to know
Few off piste skiers so does not get tracked out in a morning
Stunning views of Ecrins
Have a place there so FREE!!!
snow conditions
red 27, maybe she just doesn't want to go on holiday with a lot of Brits... bit like not wanting to go to Spain and eat a fry up I guess in and British cafe, with load of other Brits?
latest report
Glencoe, although I'd hardly call it a resort. In fact the word 'resort' does have connotations which makes me pleased that Glencoe exists just as it is, a car park and chairlift in the middle of nowhere which takes you up to a small cluster of lifts leading to some of the most interesting terrain to be found anywhere. Second, it's close enough to get to for an afternoon (particularly if I happen to have made a morning 'appointment' in Dumbarton wink ) and third, it's certainly the most friendly and relaxed place you could imagine skiing outwith the manic weekends of January and February.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
red 27, I can sympathise and understand the reason behind it. No need to get sensitive over and start calling people bigots. Its not the deep south of America.
snow conditions
Megeve

Charming old village,
Varied runs to suit all levels
near Geneva
I have local (French!) friends
Beautiful church
Good indoor olympic size pool
Not really that pricey if you eat in creperies, there's a good charcuterie and good mountain restaurants
End of season -- real bargains in the sports shops
not as chic and ultra fashionable as it's reputation

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 2-06-08 21:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Of where I have been I really enjoyed Soll and Saalbach. Good sized areas, shortish transfers, I had great snow and great Apres.

Gotta say that although I had an enjoyable holiday, La Rosiere did not excite me.
snow report
I had the best ski holiday of my life when I did 1 week in Breckenridge with 2 ski days at Keystone and 1 week in Vail with with 2 ski days at Beaver Creek. Hired a car from Denver with 3bedroom/e bathroom apartment in Breck' and and a low levell BB on the interstate highway at Vail - what a contrast!!!
snow conditions
[quote="red 27"]
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Pam - surely you're a Brit? what makes you hate your own kind and yet continue on a site like this full of them? It's like an inverted masochistic (sp?) bigotry

Like others I can see where pam w is coming from.

When I go on holiday abroad I like to feel that I am abroad not some foreign field that is forever England. I like Britain and Brits just as much as foreigners but sometimes like to get away to places that have a foreign feel. No bigotry.
ski holidays
Don't have a fave resort

New places (to me) I've checked out in the past couple of winters and enjoyed include VDA, Serre Che, 49 North & Whitefish.

Serre Che probably ranks lowest of those due to snow conditions at the time. 49 North was an absolute revelation due to fresh snow and (lack of) holiday crowds.
snow report
Yes, I like holidaying in Britain too. But I rather prefer French places which have a majority of French people. I certainly don't "hate" my own kind; whatever gave red 27, the idea that I do? I'm not too keen on British places which are full of foreign tourists, either.
snow report
Well since I've had a fantastic time on every one of my ski holidays, and each place I've been to has been different, with it's own good and less good points I can't choose one them as my favourite. My favourite then has to be the one I'm going to next, as I have all the anticipation leading up to it - at the moment it is Tignes for our November trip - I've never been there but sure it will be great!
snow report
[quote="T Bar"]
red 27 wrote:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Like others I can see where pam w is coming from.

When I go on holiday abroad I like to feel that I am abroad not some foreign field that is forever England. I like Britain and Brits just as much as foreigners but sometimes like to get away to places that have a foreign feel. No bigotry.
Well no offense intended to anyone on this site, but I'm not a brit and I go out of my way to holiday away from them if possible. Not all Brits to be sure, but a fairly large proportion seem to get on holiday, drink the liquer store dry, and proceed to act as though they own whatever town they are in and beat any object or person in their way. Again, this is not all Brits, but I don't really see any other nationalities acting like that in such large numbers.
latest report
ami in berlin, Apart from the Dutch, the Russians, the Scandies etc etc wink
snow report
We do own europe, don't we? Laughing
snow report
ami in berlin, I have seen examples of this from the French, the Austrians and more frequently the Dutch in ski resorts... but agree it does seem to be a British trait, more in sunny climes than wintery ones IMHO
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy