Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Years Zell am See

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone ever been around in this town for New Years before? What kind of things happen & where's the best place to head to? Definitely do not want to be stuck in my hotel playing scrabble when the clock strikes midnight.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If Faschings is anything to go by, you won't have any problems finding anywhere. However, when we stayed there before, Crasy Daisies (I think it was called) was very lively (we stayed above it so regularly had to drink in it until it closed).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skanky, great justification for staying out late.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David@traxvax, wasn't so good when I was ill with a cold halfway through the week. I tried to get some sleep at 5pm (in the hope of sleeping it off before the bar opened). The band started doing their soundcheck at 5:30pm.

However, every other night of the week, yup. There was absolutely no way of losing any argument to stay for another drink.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Eeyore, As skanky says Crazy Daisy is a very popular bar (I think some of the owners or bar staff were Swedish - at any rate there seemed to be several Swedish people amonst the clientele). Another very small friendly bar I liked was called B-17 (its decor theme was US WW2 air force). One local custom there on New Year's Eve was that they would heat up a teaspoon of molten lead and then pour it into water as a sort of horoscope - supposedly the shape of the solidified lead would forecast what sort of New Year you would have!
Like all Austrian resorts, on New Year's Eve there will be masses of fireworks let off at midnight which is well worth watching. However, keep your wits about you - firework safety awareness is not something which seems to have sunk in with the locals and you sometimes see the local kids put bangers into glass bottles so that when they explode glass shrapnel gets sent flying Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was in Zell am See last Chritmas and spent my new year in Ski Welt.

There was a lot of night life in Saalbach/Hinterglemm which is 20 to 30 miniutes drive from Zell am See. Zell am See seemed quieter and people didn't drink outside as Hinterglemm did.

SKiing wise Zell am see has its own resort enabling skiers to ski down to the town. When the snow is too sure one can head for Kaprun which has a glacier and a mountain top restaurant with a stunning view.

We found better skiing in Saalbach/Hinterglemm/Leogang because the domain is much larger.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I spent a New year in Zell, came back engaged from a night out, Crazy Daisy's I think Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The week between Xmas & New Year in any resort in Austria is an experience not to be missed . It is very crowded but the Party atmosphere is fantastic Smile Z & Z is a good party town. Saalbach is a blast. I never treat this particular week as a Ski trip more of a social trip &if I get any turns in thats a bonus Smile
Note. Christmas Eve is a religious day in the Catholic calender and bars CLOSE very early (Also applies to Ash Wednesday & Good Friday)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cool, now on 3 week countdown & veeery excited!! Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy