Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flain ski school

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Has anyone used ESI ski school in Flaine. If yes what was it like?

I was wondering if it was better or the same as ESF as we would rather not use them if we can as had some problems in the past.

Also does anyone know if there are any other ski schools in flaine worth taking a look at?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ski - happy, we have an apartment in Les Saisies and quite frequently see ski instructors from Flaine, with very small groups - looks like private lessons. They have bright yellow and red jackets (rather yuk, actually) and have "independent ski moniteurs, Flaine" or something similar on their jackets. Always been very pleasant and friendly when I've spoken to them in lift queues and they seem to be having a good time with their pupils. Someone who knows Flaine better might be able to pinpoint their school - there are several of them, at least. I asked one day if they'd come to Les Saisies because the snow was better (as I suspect was the case) and the guy diplomatically said it was always nice to have a change!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure who the yellow/red jackets are Pam! ESI have just changed to green/black, they were yellow/black.

ski - happy, our experiences of ESI in Flaine are very good. We have used them for both our boys who were at Competition level and they had good instructors, lots of fun and progressed well. They were also good at responding to emails etc and pleasant too.
There is also an independent lady instructor, Catherine something who has a very good reputation. I will try and remember her name (or someone else will before me) but would have no probs recommending ESI. The office is in Flaine Foret but they will meet groups either in Foret or Forum.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski - happy, my kids learnt to ski with them. No problems but it was 13 years ago
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski - happy, ah here we are, Catherine Pouppeville,
http://www.skicat74.com/

also ESI school is called Ski Ecole Internationale (SEI) http://www.flaine-internationalskischool.com/

We also thought they were good value at 117 euros for 6 days of x3 hours snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Both my children learnt with them in Flaine over several years, group lessons initially, then a few private hours for a couple of years with the same instructor. Unfortunately he is no longer with them Sad but he lives there and has ripped the mountain with my two for free the last couple of years Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski - happy, our daughter had her first lessons with them at the ripe old age of four - she basically had one to one tuition as the other two in her group weren't really ready for it. Her instructor was excellent - Mireille or Mimi if I remember correctly, don't know if she's still there as it was 6 years ago.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
steve, lots of hair? That is Mireille as I remember.

My kids learnt with them too. All was good.

My son is doing BASI 1 this summer...so I guess their foundation was ok!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp, yep, sounds like her- lots of hair, built for comfort and quite jolly for a french woman! Smile. Very patient too - we watched from a distance a few times - no drama from Mimi but you could hear the esf lady shouting at her little charges! No contest as far as we were concerned- ESI every time.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We and the other families we were with were very pleased with ESI 2 Decembers ago - small groups , gentle , kind , child friendly teacher and when our daughter was ill for 2 days they gave her 2 hours private instruction for free - so she caught up with the rest of her group. Brilliant service , although as it was the week before Christmas they were not that busy !

Our older daughter did the same week with ESF - and enjoyed every minute - challenging , fun ski-ing , tons of off piste - and only 2 in the class.

Also most of the children did a taster afternoon snow boarding with ESI - very good again.

John
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi

Thanks very much - they sound great, and will definatly get onto booking them!

Thanks alot
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Catherine Pouppeville is excellent and children love her.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have organised lessons in Flaine for groups of children on two different holidays. Both holidays had a range of children of different abilities. On the first holiday, I used SEI. On the second one, I used ESF simply because SEI did not have instructors available. Both schools were good and I can recomend both. Also I stayed in Morillon last half term and we used ZigZag who were superb with children.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy